Boston Bruins 2023-2024 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaStinger

Permanent Interim
Feb 14, 2007
NB, Canada
I think Beecher is probably better suited, physically, to stick this year. I’m probably as excited about Poitras as I have been about any prospect in the last 3/4 years, but even if he makes it, I don’t see him lasting the whole year In the NHL.
Fatigue will set in and then he'll be high risk for injury. Let him cook. The under 10 games I'd be ok with.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Unless Poitras is -4 tonight and starts backing off physical play there is no way he should not be the number 2 center. Coyle is not and never will be a 2C. Build a strong third line around him with Geekie and Frederic and let Poitras play with Marchand and DeBrusk.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
According to a report from an NHL scout through the infallible Murph, multiple teams are interested in Grzelcyk for their D. The Blackhawks are specifically mentioned as they are heavily RD.

Interesting as Chicago has lots of draft picks and money to spend.
Get out the salt shaker!

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
Unless Poitras is -4 tonight and starts backing off physical play there is no way he should not be the number 2 center. Coyle is not and never will be a 2C. Build a strong third line around him with Geekie and Frederic and let Poitras play with Marchand and DeBrusk.
Heck, he'd have to intentionally score on his own net twice before I even think about playing someone like Brown or Heinen over him.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
According to a report from an NHL scout through the infallible Murph, multiple teams are interested in Grzelcyk for their D. The Blackhawks are specifically mentioned as they are heavily RD.

Get out the salt shaker!

I think if Lohrei knocked had knocked it out of the park at camp, this would have been a strong possibility. Right now, the team needs Grz as none of the LD outside of he and Lindholm have the talent to play a top 4 role on a consistent basis. I think Lohrei is the future in that spot but for now, gotta stick it out with the veteran Grz.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com

Get out the salt shaker!

Pace and intensity picks up when the games count. I'd tell those teams to check back with us in a couple months, after we've had a chance to see if Lohrei can actually play a top4 role against NHL talent. If not, they'll need Gryz to get into the playoffs.

Reactions: BMC, Ratty and Kegs

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston

I hate JVR on the 1st line (but understand it might be necessary) and the depth is a bit concerning… But seeing so many young guys on the roster makes this look like a lot of fun. Different type of fun than going nearly undefeated, but fun nonetheless.

I would likely go Boqvist/Heinen as the 13th over Greer.

Reactions: Mad Dr Pepper

dangermike

Jan 24, 2022
It would really be disheartening as a fan to not see one of Beecher/Poitras/lohrei opening night. Have to imagine the younger players feel similarly. Almost feels like the org should bring at least one up to show they ***can*** believe in the youth again.

Reactions: MillerTime29Bombs

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I hate JVR on the 1st line (but understand it might be necessary) and the depth is a bit concerning… But seeing so many young guys on the roster makes this look like a lot of fun. Different type of fun than going nearly undefeated, but fun nonetheless.

I would likely go Boqvist/Heinen as the 13th over Greer.
I hate it too, so I'm just going to call that the second line.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
It’s so obvious I just hope Monty’s kid sees it as well

Reactions: Number6 and sarge88

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
It would really be disheartening as a fan to not see one of Beecher/Poitras/lohrei opening night. Have to imagine the younger players feel similarly. Almost feels like the org should bring at least one up to show they ***can*** believe in the youth again.
I'm preparred to be let down, but if we get 2/3 of those I'll consider that a huge win. 3/3 would be awesome, but I wouldn't put it past this management to go with vets.

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015

Get out the salt shaker!

Gryz for Hall :sarcasm:

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018

I see nothing wrong with that line up .I would like too throw something out there , there has been talk of Poitras doing the 9 game process if that is the case would he be be better doing it later in the season and working on his diet , and trying to get stronger for the rigors of a full NHL season, please don't take me wrong I am all in on this kid , he looks like a player and I get the impression he loves the game and will do what is necessary to get better ..............

Reactions: BMC and sarge88

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I see nothing wrong with that line up .I would like too throw something out there , there has been talk of Poitras doing the 9 game process if that is the case would he be be better doing it later in the season and working on his diet , and trying to get stronger for the rigors of a full NHL season, please don't take me wrong I am all in on this kid , he looks like a player and I get the impression he loves the game and will do what is necessary to get better ..............
Another poster, possibly @MarchysNoseKnows pointed out that once he goes to the OHL the option for a 9 game tryout is over. I get the sense it's the first 9 games of the nhl season no exceptions not even injury.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
I am in the minority but I would play Poitras nine games and send him back. I would also send Lohrei down and have him work with their d coach every day to round out his game. Beecher is the 4th line center. He is mature enough and better than AHL Brown.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I am in the minority but I would play Poitras nine games and send him back. I would also send Lohrei down and have him work with their d coach every day to round out his game. Beecher is the 4th line center. He is mature enough and better than AHL Brown.
I don't think that opinion is outlandish.

I think you could make the case that the Bruins could even be more successful going the safe, experienced route. Grinding out games with experienced vets who put the puck in safe places and don't make lots of mistakes. Poitras scores 100 points and gets bigger/stronger/faster. Lohrei plays 30 minutes a night in all situations. Next year at this time we've got two rookies ready to make an impact.

There is some risk in trying to develop them at the NHL level, but it's not unheard of.

Reactions: sarge88 and HustleB

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Loving Greer over Heinen and Boqvist. They need a D that hits in the bottom 4 and keeps the crease clear.

Otherwise I like this team and think Poitras could really surprise, has already shown more offensive instincts in a few pre season games than Coyle has his whole career.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bodit9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad