Celtics/NBA 2023-2024 Regular Season: II

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
they have like 4 losses in 2 months, tough to say any kind of loss is a fairly regular habit

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
True - but holding onto fairly large leads has been an issue this season.:nod:

Porzingis said they just got lazy like no biggie. :laugh:
Now that kind of response bothers me. I would rather he say something like " we know that maintaining our focus when we have a big lead is something we need to work on to make sure that something like tonight doesn't happen in the Playoffs ". I have a hard time believing that guys like Larry Bird, Kevin Garnett or Bill Russell would just laugh off blowing a 30 point lead.

Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

bruinsfan1968

May 6, 2019
Now that kind of response bothers me. I would rather he say something like " we know that maintaining our focus when we have a big lead is something we need to work on to make sure that something like tonight doesn't happen in the Playoffs ". I have a hard time believing that guys like Larry Bird, Kevin Garnett or Bill Russell would just laugh off blowing a 30 point lead.
Comparing KP to Garnett, Bird especially Russell is a mistake, none of those guys would do that.
KP isn't in the same class of a player that those 3 are, not in this lifetime or ever for that matter!.

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Hockey players say those type of post game comments/thoughts but usually you can tell it's said with anger and shame, not like "meh. . ."
I don't follow the NBA that much. Pink hat celtics fan ftw.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
they have like 4 losses in 2 months, tough to say any kind of loss is a fairly regular habit
Blowing big leads for this team is nothing new. They did it in victory over a Bucks team without Giannis, the Cavs debacle. These aren't run of the mill 10 point leads.

Reactions: Maine Fan

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
They are now 4-7 in one point games with one minute left this season.

As great and dominant as they have been this regular season. They never let you get too ahead of yourself before reminding everyone that they have things about them that will make them vulnerable the deeper into the playoffs it gets.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC

Comparing KP to Garnett, Bird especially Russell is a mistake, none of those guys would do that.
KP isn't in the same class of a player that those 3 are, not in this lifetime or ever for that matter!.
I certainly wasn't comparing KP the player to those other 3 guys. It was just a commentary on the " who gives a crap " attitude that most of the current NBA players have. I still remember something Larry Bird said in an interview just after he stepped down as the Pacers Head Coach. He was asked to compare current NBA players to those he he played with and against. Bird responded that today's players play more for the name on the back of their jersey than they do for the name on the front. :nod:

Reactions: bruinsfan1968

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Listening to Felger & Mazz, this Jontay Porter story is hilarious. This guy must have been in a group chat telling all his friends to bet the under on his stats, knowing he was going to leave the game early and those idiots made him the biggest money winner for bettors in the entire league on January 26th and March 20th :laugh:

That's got to be a lifetime ban from the league. Especially when it's some bum who averages 14 minutes a night and no loss to the league.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
It really is incredible that these players think they’re gonna get away with stuff like that when they don’t have a Japanese translator to pin it on

• Haha
Reactions: EverettMike

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Make that 4-8 in one point games in the final minute now.

Poor execution late in close games and always at the disadvantage in coaching battles is going to cost this team. That final possession in regulation is firing worthy for a coach when he keeps allowing it to happen every time they find themselves in that spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad