Celtics/NBA 2023-2024 Regular Season: II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Pistons GM Troy Weaver got into a verbal confrontation during today's game against Dallas with a Piston's fan. :amazed:

from cbssports.com:

The Detroit Pistons are in the middle of what has undoubtedly been the worst four-year stretch in franchise history. Since Troy Weaver took over as general manager, Detroit has a 70-229 record. They have 17 fewer wins than any other NBA team in that span. Earlier this season, they broke the record for the longest single-season losing streak in league history by racking up 28 straight defeats. While Detroit has accumulated some promising talent in that stretch, its young players have failed to coalesce, and at this point, the Pistons still seem far away from high-level winning.

All of that losing has taken its toll on everyone involved. That apparently includes not only Weaver, but Detroit's fans as well. On Sunday, a video surfaced that showed an altercation between Weaver and a Pistons fan that got quite heated. The exact context of the incident is unknown, including how or why it started. More so, the audio isn't fully clear for all of it. However, Weaver can be heard apparently saying the words "beat your ass" to the fan, who was wearing a Detroit Red Wings jersey, who responded by saying "you suck at your job."

It is hard to imagine a scenario in which it would be acceptable for an NBA general manager to threaten to beat up a fan, though without knowing what was said before the camera started rolling, it is impossible to really judge what happened. Regardless, tensions are justifiably quite high in Detroit right now, and logic would dictate that Weaver is on quite a hot seat at the moment.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Celtics need to keep their heads in the game against Portland. Could you not take it for granted?

Go Celtics
I just post the same about the game tonight against the Utah Jazz. Keep your head in the game. This trip 2-2 make it 3-2 and come home.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

Idgaf what some of you say I love this guy. I’m sure people will begin crying about him the next time they lose a close game right after a 14 game win streak though. He’s a good coach folks! Gonna have to start reckoning with that fact! Definitely not the best, but definitely good.

Reactions: Maine Fan

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ

Idgaf what some of you say I love this guy. I’m sure people will begin crying about him the next time they lose a close game right after a 14 game win streak though. He’s a good coach folks! Gonna have to start reckoning with that fact! Definitely not the best, but definitely good.

is "Definitely not the best" because he is learning and maturing? My opinion the players like him, That's important. His team is winning, probably the best team, he assisted them into this position. He gets criticized for his 3p game strategy but with this talent, that is working. It wouldn't work with other team's but we don't know if he would change. As a second year young coach I think he is a good match with this talent. I believe that "time (more experience) and a variety (different type) of teams will determine when he is the "best."

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023

He's an absolute psycho, but in a good way. Love him.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
No White/Jaylen/Kp, 81-53 at half lmao

I have Tatum over 33.5 points and the Celtics winning by 16 or more. May not get that because they’re too good

Reactions: sarge88

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
No White/Jaylen/Kp, 81-53 at half lmao

I have Tatum over 33.5 points and the Celtics winning by 16 or more. May not get that because they’re too good

Hauser has 7 threes with 5:04 left in the half…

NBA record is 14.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Lost my same game parlay because they were too good

Needed 35 from Tatum. Oh well if that’s how I have to lose I’ll take it!

Reactions: sarge88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad