NHL 2023-2024 Out of Town: Regular Season III

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Something about TV networks and announcers saying "welcome to (x)" irks me to an unreasonable level.

Like, they're playing in the National Hockey League. You, the announcer, or the TV writer, aren't welcoming anyone to an NHL event. If anything, he's inviting you lol

When's the last time a fight between two tough guys was this anticipated?

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Trochek with his 22nd to tie it under two in the third.

Good thing the Bruins weren’t suckers and signed him when he was UFA.

Lol

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Rempe could literally beat up anyone on this team with a hand tied behind his back
Meh he’s not very good at fighting, he’s just big. He’s actually a guy I could see Frederic doing ok against because he has zero technique other than “be tall”- Frederic struggles with guys who know what they’re doing because they tie him up and then it takes Trent 30 seconds to figure out wtf to do while he’s eating shots

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Rempe could literally beat up anyone on this team with a hand tied behind his back
I don’t get the criticism for him surrounding a lot of fans on here. The guy is doing whatever it takes to stick in the NHL. You have to give him a lot of credit. He’s doing what he can to get noticed. Hell, I’d take league minimum to repeatedly get punched in the face.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Trochek with his 22nd to tie it under two in the third.

Good thing the Bruins weren’t suckers and signed him when he was UFA.

Lol

Signed until he's almost 36. Rangers can have him. Likely bought out before then.

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
Here's what gets me about Rempe.

He's being marketed. The fighting (or promise of it without any other context) is stirring excitement in fans.

What does this show us?

I could not agree more.

iu

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Here's what gets me about Rempe.

He's being marketed. The fighting (or promise of it without any other context) is stirring excitement in fans.

What does this show us?

And it's not just targeted marketing, it's being noticed outside the hockey bubble. The freaking Wall Street Journal had a huge article about him last week, with only the obligatory lip service paid to CTE and "Think of the children!". I'm not even sure the WSJ has a sports section.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Guy just personifies old time enforcer
guy will be 6 concussion deep by year 2 if he doesn`t learn how to protect himself

"He’s been looking for a change in environment, and this might set the wheels in motion for that to be accomplished.”
-GM McLennan

Does that mean he wants out of D.C. or the U.S. entirely? Idk. The Caps are a dumpster fire.
that dumpster fire is 6-2-2 over last 10 games while our boys are 3-2-5 and the Caps, at the very least, play like they give a shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad