NHL 2023-2024 Out of Town: Regular Season III

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I haven't paid much attention to Dallas so I figured they were playing intermediary. I think Tanev walks July 1

Do it Donny!

Seriously, if Tanev brings back 3 pieces, including a 2…..maybe Forbort or Grizz can get just the 2….

which would be fine with me.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Seriously, if Tanev brings back 3 pieces, including a 2…..maybe Forbort or Grizz can get just the 2….

which would be fine with me.
Tanev is a good player, night and day better than Forbort and a hell of a better defender than grizz

I would argue Tanev would be in our top four as we stand right now. Dallas made a great trade.

Reactions: TCB

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Because its highly likely they could make a profit of doing so if they put it out there over the next few weeks.

I dont think so. But her musing is not a bad one.
Not really. Contenders don’t buy and then flip. And there’s only 9 days left.

3rd is only if Stars make the SC Final so the market is set even cheaper than expected.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Tanev is a good player, night and day better than Forbort and a hell of a better defender than grizz

I would argue Tanev would be in our top four as we stand right now. Dallas made a great trade.

He’s a middle of the road, dime a dozen 5/6 on a contender…..which is fine. Teams need roster fodder.

But, again if he brings back 3 pieces, including a 2…….theres no doubt that someone could offer just the 2 for one of those guys.

Reactions: lopey

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
He’s a middle of the road, dime a dozen 5/6 on a contender…..which is fine. Teams need roster fodder.

But, again if he brings back 3 pieces, including a 2…….theres no doubt that someone could offer just the 2 for one of those guys.

Apparently a NHL gm agrees with me on that, roster fodder is more of a value that our guys are going to return on the market right now. Watch and see

Not really. Contenders don’t buy and then flip. And there’s only 9 days left.

3rd is only if Stars make the SC Final so the market is set even cheaper than expected.
Totally agree, that's a great deal for Dallas

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Apparently a NHL gm agrees with me on that, roster fodder is more of a value that our guys are going to return on the market right now. Watch and see

I’m not trying to argue.

Tanev is better than Forbort and Grzelcyk.

But he’s nothing special.

My point is if a guy as mediocre as he is, at 34 years old brings back two picks and a warm body, one of our guys can bring back just a 2nd.

There are 32 GM’s with differing opinions on dozens of players. Every year we see deals that people think are dumb or lopsided.

I won’t say this is one of those….but three pieces for him makes me wonder a little bit.

Last edited:

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

Last edited:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I’m not trying to argue.

Tanev is better than Forbort and Grzelcyk.

But he’s nothing special.

My point is if a guy as mediocre as he is, at 34 years old brings back two picks and a warm body, one of our guys can bring back just a 2nd.

There are 32 GM’s with differing opinions on dozens of players. Every year we see deals that people think are dumb or lopsided.

I won’t say this is one of those….but three pieces for him makes me wonder a little bit.

He is noted for strong intangibles on and off the ice. Speculation that as a UFA teams like Ottawa want to bring him in this summer to provide leadership to their young players and set an example. Personally I think it's crazy to give him anything more than a 1-year deal at his age and pedigree but some struggling rebuilding team will pony up AAV and term to bring him in this summer.

Reactions: GordonHowe

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

The guys all heart, he's a great add, just what the Bruins could use for their D-core. He's Gritty, plays with snarl, will throw his body in front of anything and is as tough as nails.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
He is noted for strong intangibles on and off the ice. Speculation that as a UFA teams like Ottawa want to bring him in this summer to provide leadership to their young players and set an example. Personally I think it's crazy to give him anything more than a 1-year deal at his age and pedigree but some struggling rebuilding team will pony up AAV and term to bring him in this summer.

I get it.

My only point was that 3 pieces for him makes me think we could get one piece for Forbort or Grizz….which I wasn’t sure about a week ago.

Reactions: TCB and BruinDust

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I get it.

My only point was that 3 pieces for him makes me think we could get one piece for Forbort or Grizz….which I wasn’t sure about a week ago.
The third has like an 8% chance of happening or whatever the odds are for Dallas winning the west, so it’s devalued a ton.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I get it.

Not to derail this thread but I agree with you on Forbort and Gryz. Experienced veteran UFA D-men always have value at the deadline. You can be darn sure that if the Bruins were sellers, they'd be getting calls on both.

I'm not sure you'd get a 2nd rounder for either guy. I think of the two, Gryz has more value. But a 3rd or 4th? Absolutely no question they could get that if they were sellers.

Babajingo

1709212579287.png

They'll never win

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

I'm not certain why, as I don't follow the Western Conference as closely as I might, but Dallas has been touted as a Stanley Cup finalist, and perhaps champion. I rather doubt they would acquire one of the best if not the best defensemen available only to turn around and flip him elsewhere.

LVK over EDM and VAN.

That's not me, that's others "in the know."

If any of our Western Canadian board members wish to opine, please do. Curious.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Not to derail this thread but I agree with you on Forbort and Gryz. Experienced veteran UFA D-men always have value at the deadline. You can be darn sure that if the Bruins were sellers, they'd be getting calls on both.

I'm not sure you'd get a 2nd rounder for either guy. I think of the two, Gryz has more value. But a 3rd or 4th? Absolutely no question they could get that if they were sellers.

"Sell, sell, sell!"
Sweeney and Neely if they know what's good for them at this point,

Reactions: BruinDust

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Do you consider them favorites to win it all, or are there others out West who might raise the Cup?

They are very solid. As are Vegas when healthy.

But this may be Edmonton's year. Not as complete of a team but just feels like this year McDavid won't be denied. Their biggest question mark is can they avoid running Stuart Skinner into the ground.

Reactions: GordonHowe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad