Celtics/NBA 2023-2024 NBA Playoffs: Round 2- (1) Boston vs. (4) Cleveland

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Seriously, if that was Jaylen Brown that did that?

Ooohh boy the reaction and narrative there would've been something.

Also, maybe his team wouldn't be forced to get in via the play-in if he bothered to give a shit during the regular season. Somehow him only caring enough to play his best in the post-season is a virtue for him and him alone.

Reactions: JRull86

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Minnesota played Denver tough last year as an 8 seed even if it only went 5 games and they have only got better with the growth of Edwards and just another year of playing together. They match up well with Denver because of their size.

Fans and media have built Denver up to be this juggernaut that they aren't. They're a good team, a championship level one but they aren't the Durant Warriors or Miami big 3. Jamal Murray isn't averaging way above his career and season averages these playoffs and it's really Jokic with a couple scorers and none of them are great defenders.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Can you ask for anything better than Denver down 0-2 and their 2nd best player suspended for at least 1 game?

Really wish Orlando somehow pulled that series out I watched the Cavs skull f the Magic when I was in Orlando on vacation with my GF think a couple of these games will be tight. If Jrue and White are on we should be fine though its not a bad matchup at all.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
I had the Championship game being the Nuggets vs. the Celtics. With the Nuggets winning.

That was before the Timberwolves had them down by two.

There was a survey of equally mixed active NBA Players conducted just before the playoffs started regarding which team would win the championship. The Nuggets got 55% and the Celtics got 39% . I wonder what it would be today. It is not impossible to win 4 of 5, just difficult.

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Tatum scored 18 points on poor shooting while Mitchell scored 33 and they still win by 25. Cavs did miss some good looks from deep but it doesn't feel like they can really compete and are a couple of tiers below Boston.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad