Injury Report: 2023 - 2024 Injury Thread HF's New longest ever thread

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
Unless he’s playing possum, the video I’ve seen would indicate Landeskog is not coming back this year.

It doesn’t look like he’s close to game speed. Actually he looks pretty similar to last year near playoff time.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Unless he’s playing possum, the video I’ve seen would indicate Landeskog is not coming back this year.

It doesn’t look like he’s close to game speed. Actually he looks pretty similar to last year near playoff time.
As careful as the Avs are PR wise… I wouldn’t take anything from what is allowed to be out there. They’ve gone lengths to conceal things here and want zero heat about it.

pont

Jul 1, 2019

He looks further along vs last year from my eyes but I tend to think next year is more realistic. What gets me is one setback and he may have to start over?

Reactions: NorthernAvsFan

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I knew Boods was the goaltending coach in Loveland, I did NOT know that Neal Pionk's little brother was the assistant equipment manager.
Excellent! Things are shaping up nicely!

- potential hostage to extort a "play horrible in the series - or else" - ✅
- a big tournament to decide who's the best ✅

All we need to do now is find Neil Pionk's best friend and take him out to send a message and show we're serious.

Reactions: missionAvs

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
He looks further along vs last year from my eyes but I tend to think next year is more realistic. What gets me is one setback and he may have to start over?

You think?

I thought so initially when he started skating a couple months ago, but it seems like from what we’ve seen there’s been very little progression.

At some point he’ll have to consider the team too. I hope they know what his status is for next year by the draft. Either he retires, or confirms he’s good to go. The Avs have to be able to make some sort of plan. They can’t have this lingering on for years.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
1713026801291.png

xbestboybandever

Jun 24, 2015
He’s not playing possum and the team isn’t concealing anything. There is a very real chance his career is over. It’s unfortunate but I don’t see this having the happy ending so many of you are holding out for.

pont

Jul 1, 2019
As I have said in the past, this reminds me so much of Gordie Kluzak and Cam Neely back in the day when I grew up in NH. Very long recovery time frames, little information shared and setback after setback.

Either way, this injury has shortened a great players career by a lot.
You think?

I thought so initially when he started skating a couple months ago, but it seems like from what we’ve seen there’s been very little progression.

At some point he’ll have to consider the team too. I hope they know what his status is for next year by the draft. Either he retires, or confirms he’s good to go. The Avs have to be able to make some sort of plan. They can’t have this lingering on for year

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I hope he recovers fast. Concussions suck.

With that said, I hope the Avs move on from him as fast as possible this Summer.
He's going to be very hard to move if we don't take another similar contract back...and we can't take another contract back.

Reactions: Nihiliste

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
No video but he had an awkward collision with Ross Colton. I’m assuming that was what did it.
It really seemed to me that Colton sensed there was someone right around him and so he initiated a reverse hit elbow to protect the puck, but he didn't realize it was a teammate that he was hitting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad