Prospect Info: 2023-2024 In The System: Charlotte Checkers, CHL, NCAA, Europe, etc.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I literally have no clue what we’re going to do with Knight. He has been absolute ass in the AHL this season. I’m sure the team doesn’t help but we’re talking about the #1 goalie prospect in the world at one point who can’t stop a beach ball.

Olax

Jun 15, 2009
I literally have no clue what we’re going to do with Knight. He has been absolute ass in the AHL this season. I’m sure the team doesn’t help but we’re talking about the #1 goalie prospect in the world at one point who can’t stop a beach ball.
I haven't watched any Checkers games this season so take this with a grain of whatever you wish, but he's pretty clearly the best goalie of Charlotte based on stats, which at least is positive.

Similarily as Bob was ass for us when we were all-out offense, it could still be that his performance isn't reflected in the poor stats. Very rarely are goalies posting elite numbers on a team that sucks defensively or gives up a lot of high-danger chances relative to their total shots against.

Also, goalies take long long time to really come into their own. Knight's still just 22.

Goalies are 1/3 voodoo + 1/3 team defense + 1/3 individual skill.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I haven't watched any Checkers games this season so take this with a grain of whatever you wish, but he's pretty clearly the best goalie of Charlotte based on stats, which at least is positive.

Similarily as Bob was ass for us when we were all-out offense, it could still be that his performance isn't reflected in the poor stats. Very rarely are goalies posting elite numbers on a team that sucks defensively or gives up a lot of high-danger chances relative to their total shots against.

Also, goalies take long long time to really come into their own. Knight's still just 22.

Goalies are 1/3 voodoo + 1/3 team defense + 1/3 individual skill.
He's 22, and just had half a year off.
And I'm guessing that half year off wasn't a walk in the park for him.

RCGP2

Mar 8, 2018
He's 22, and just had half a year off.
And I'm guessing that half year off wasn't a walk in the park for him.
Other top prospect goalies like Levi and Wolf are the same age as him and have shown far less in the NHL.

Yea I'd prefer his AHL numbers were better, but this year was about Knight showing he can manage a full load with his disability. We were lucky Stolarz has played so well that Knight could spend the full year in the minors. The other Checker's goalies have been significantly worse (not counting Guzda's 2 game sample size).

I expect Knight to be the backup next year, based on Stolarz likely leaving to get paid, and in combination with Knight's waiver status.

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
this year is all about Knight getting back in the net and playing games. A 2.59 GAA is good, tho his Sv% is lacking. Three shutouts is good in under 50 games.

His contract is bad, but it is what it is. Let him earn a backup spot next year and see decent NHL time.

ScottyMascotty

Dec 24, 2017
St. Petersburg
this year is all about Knight getting back in the net and playing games. A 2.59 GAA is good, tho his Sv% is lacking. Three shutouts is good in under 50 games.

His contract is bad, but it is what it is. Let him earn a backup spot next year and see decent NHL time.
I don't understand pointing to his Sv% because we don't have any kind of defensive data in AHL. Maybe with that defense .890% is expected number for the average AHL goalie.

Reactions: Prominence Problem

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I don't understand pointing to his Sv% because we don't have any kind of defensive data in AHL. Maybe with that defense .890% is expected number for the average AHL goalie.
I mean the one positive is that all the goalies have shit stats. But I guess I can’t point out that’s a Kinnear problem.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Not surprising with the way he's been playing all season.
Need to sign him once his college season ends.

:ff2010
Takes place next weekend. Finals are 2 weekends after. I believe everything is in St. Paul, Minnesota.
Also for Wisconsin is Panthers prospect Lindmark (rd 5, #137 '19). Special COVID exempt fifth year senior who I highly doubt is signed once his season ends.

I imagine Devine signed by mid-April.

Playoffs?

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017

:ff2010
Takes place next weekend. Finals are 2 weekends after. I believe everything is in St. Paul, Minnesota.
Also for Wisconsin is Panthers prospect Lindmark (rd 5, #137 '19). Special COVID exempt fifth year senior who I highly doubt is signed once his season ends.

I imagine Devine signed by mid-April.

Playoffs?
Yeah, don’t see us signing Lindmark - maybe to an AHL contract, but you might as well give that to some other guy who's shown more promise.

Reactions: Prominence Problem

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL

Anyone heard of this guy?

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Yeah, don’t see us signing Lindmark - maybe to an AHL contract, but you might as well give that to some other guy who's shown more promise.
I believe he missed majority of '20 Season with injury.
A really good defensive Forward, that is excellent at PK & a wizard at FO's

Anyone heard of this guy?
Haven't really paid too close of attention to the NCAA hockey this year.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Knight with 3rd shutout in 4 games
5th SO on the year, and while his SV% is low, his GAA is respectable at 2.46, while winning 9 of his last 10 decisions.

They are currently 5th in the conference with less than 10 games to go. Hopefully he can get hot in the playoffs.

Last edited:

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
5th SO on the year, and while his SV% is low, his GAA is respectable at 2.41

They are currently 5th in the conference with less than 10 games to go. Hopefully he can get hot in the playoffs.

It's miles better than anyone else on the team. Save % isn't a great all around metric except within the team, same like +/-

Reactions: BabyBennettov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad