F - Jeremy Lapointe, Sean McGurn, Declan McDonnell
D - Charlie Callaghan, Raegan Wiles
G - Olivier Adam

Rookie of the Year - Jeremy Lapointe
Defenceman of the Year - Adam McCormick
Goalie of the Year - Griffen Outhouse
MVP - Austen Keating
Coach of the Year - Gardiner MacDougall

Wounded Warriors Team (impact players who missed significant time).
F- Brady Burns, Mika Cyr, Emmett Sproule
D - Justin MacPherson, Sam McGinley
G - Zachary Paputsakis (not sure on this one ...)
You're not going to get 5 UNB on the 1st team.

Drummer

Better Red than Dead
Mar 20, 2009
Freddy Beach, NB
www.vredshockey.com
Looking back at Rob, Bruins Fan, Dale and my predictions - Rob and Bruins Fan have the best predictions (same selections) with a score of 29, Dale was at 27 and I was 25 (picked X to be last) out of 35.

Congrat's

5pts for correct pick, reduce by one for every step away.

Drummer

Better Red than Dead
Mar 20, 2009
Freddy Beach, NB
www.vredshockey.com
Regular season is over. Punditry now for All-Star Team. My picks:

AUS 1st Team All-Stars ...

Should UNB have the entire 1st team - Yes, but they won't; Goaltender will be Raaymakers (SFX) and one of the DMen will be Dion (Moncton)

On the 2nd team, you will get either Richard or Outhouse along with the UNB DMan dropped from the 1st team and

Dman of the Season is either McCormick or Landry
Goalie will be Raaymakers because he's on the 1st Team, but it's hard to see them ignoring both UNB Goaltenders, but they've done it before (Fullertron/Yeomans-2011)

Reactions: FreddyFoyle

Drummer

Better Red than Dead
Mar 20, 2009
Freddy Beach, NB
www.vredshockey.com
Playoffs (Round 1)
#3 SFX (2-0 sweep) over #6 Acadia
#4 SMU (2-1) over #5 UPEI

The SMU series is the hardest to figure out. SMU won the season series 4-1, but have lost 2 of their last three games and one of those loses was against UPEI at home.

Sets Up
#1 UNB vs #4 SMU (or #5 UPEI)
#2 UdeM vs #3 SFX

Reactions: AUS Fan

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
Keating is the easy pick for MVP since he led in points… however Taylor Hall has a Hart Trophy because the award is for the player most valuable to his team and with all of the fire power UNB has you could definitely argue Struthers is more valuable to his team. I think he’d get my vote
I'm thinking the same for Gards. Not saying it's easy to go undefeated, but with a team like UNB it's easy to go undefeated. Derek Cormier might be a "better" choice, with their 2nd place finish after some losing streaks during the season. I'm not putting money on anything because I know how the sausage is made.

dm8895

V-Reds , McJesus Stan , Beer Leaguer
Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
Couture did all he could with 57 saves against X. The Axemen had a four minute powerplay in overtime but didn't create any scoring chances.
I haven’t paid for the playoff streaming yet. Going to before the next game but wasn’t home tonight. Any change in the webcasts or same as always?

timbitca

Feb 15, 2007
JLL Press Box
Same webcast as always.

Watched most of the overtime (once I got back from our volleyball game). X clearly had the upper hand, when I turned it on they missed 2 breakaways and a 3-on-1 within no more than 5 minutes. I was expecting Acadia to score at that point.

Campy

Jan 27, 2019
Raaymakers started that OT winner with a pass to Callaghan who fed a streaking Nelson...boxey has Phillip and Clavelle with assists which are both incorrect. Hoping that gets corrected, always love a goalie assist especially on a game winner

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
Good game at SMU tonight with the Huskies winning 4-3. Game 2 is Sat on the Island. I may go to Acadia and watch that game.

Reactions: Rob

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Is that the only pick you have issues with? This is how sausage is made.
I probably would’ve had Hawel on the 2nd team, but I have no issues with the three forwards chosen. I do think Outhouse should’ve gotten a spot, but I understand picking guys who played significantly more minutes. So in that case I would’ve gone with Couture/Raaymakers as the two goalies.

Also, LaPointe/Couture were probably better choices for RotY.

timbitca

Feb 15, 2007
JLL Press Box
StFx vs U de M
SMJ vs UNB

Friday and Saturday night at U de M and at UNB. Should be interesting.

What a showing by Couture, 136 saves in two (more like 3.5) games. Great showing by Acadia, they should have earned a 3rd game with those two performances.

Reactions: Rob

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
I don’t think there is any secret what Acadia should be targeting this summer. They desperately need some scoring. It just felt like a matter of time last night before X got one…Acadia wasn’t generating much offense as the game went on.

Reactions: AUC Regular and Rob

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
I don’t think there is any secret what Acadia should be targeting this summer. They desperately need some scoring. It just felt like a matter of time last night before X got one…Acadia wasn’t generating much offense as the game went on.
That's been their problem all year. Hard working team that can't finish. If not for Couture the game would have been over very early. Watching the game I could see they were running on fumes. SFX had more jump. I got back to Halifax around 1:30 but it was worth it to watch a great goaltending display by Couture. I also wonder why ACA has so many injuries. For most of the season they've had 4 or 5 guys out. Is it conditioning? Other teams don't seem to have that many injured players.

Those players must have stunk to high heaven during the fourth overtime.
Great effort by the lower seed teams to keep the games close.
I was wondering if SFX and the officials had any food between periods. The refs looked tired late in the OT sessions.

Reactions: AUC Regular and Rob

timbitca

Feb 15, 2007
JLL Press Box
Those players must have stunk to high heaven during the fourth overtime.
Great effort by the lower seed teams to keep the games close.
That's been their problem all year. Hard working team that can't finish. If not for Couture the game would have been over very early. Watching the game I could see they were running on fumes. SFX had more jump. I got back to Halifax around 1:30 but it was worth it to watch a great goaltending display by Couture. I also wonder why ACA has so many injuries. For most of the season they've had 4 or 5 guys out. Is it conditioning? Other teams don't seem to have that many injured players.

I was wondering if SFX and the officials had any food between periods. The refs looked tired late in the OT sessions.

They need more scoring for sure, need a bit of luck on the injury side too, not that that doesn't happen to all teams but they were shorthanded more often than not the whole season and played the game last night with 15 skaters + 2 goalies. By the 4th overtime it was just a matter of time that X got one past Couture, as good as he was it was bound to happen and his teammates just had given it their all and were totally out of gas, as were the referee's lol

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
Semi final dates are set -

Fri & Sat Feb 23, 24

SMU @ UNB
SFX @ UdeM

Tues & Wed Feb 27 & 28

UNB @ SMU
UdeM @ SFX

Fri Mar 1

SMU @ UNB
SFX @ UdeM

Last edited:

dm8895

V-Reds , McJesus Stan , Beer Leaguer
Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
UNB in 4 - SMU squeaks one out, had a few close games this year , have to imagine at some point UNB has a night some bounces don’t go their way.

St.Fx in 4 - Raaymakers is the difference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad