Pre-Game Talk: 2022 World Junior Hockey Championship

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Looking to go the World Jrs. Still deciding on which game to go to. Canada vs Russia pre-lims (cheaper tixs) or Canada vs Finland?

herestohoping

Nov 14, 2009
Do we still do ticket exchanges on here? I forgot I bought 2 seat packages A for this way back in January 2020... Just trying to unload for cost as I just bought a house and need to do some reno's over the holidays.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Maybe Oil Kings should be on the Tube. I think I might go to their games or the Bears before showing up at an Oilers game. This being a conditioned aversion to pain response..

I'm hoping that when Rogers takes over Shaw that they bring back community TV and do junior hockey, like in Ontario. It sucks having no TV coverage of the WHL, except online.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
How many Oilers prospects is playing at the WJC this year? Bourgault for Canada and...Münzenberger for Germany?

Speaking of Münzenberger, had totally forget we drafted him. Apparently has 0+2 and is -6 in 15 games for the University of Vermont in NCAA this season. Guess I'll be watching a few German games to see if he looks to have any type of NHL upside.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
How many Oilers prospects is playing at the WJC this year? Bourgault for Canada and...Münzenberger for Germany?

Speaking of Münzenberger, had totally forget we drafted him. Apparently has 0+2 and is -6 in 15 games for the University of Vermont in NCAA this season. Guess I'll be watching a few German games to see if he looks to have any type of NHL upside.

Has bottom pair potential in about 4 years.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Any Russian playing in North America wont be playing for them.

I'm not sure it's the best strategy but I respect the hell out of it. At the U18 level... Belarus has the team together all year and have yielded some great results.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Do we still do ticket exchanges on here? I forgot I bought 2 seat packages A for this way back in January 2020... Just trying to unload for cost as I just bought a house and need to do some reno's over the holidays.

You might be getting a refund. Sounds like attendance limits are coming in which case just give me the refund as well.

SpoolCat

Mar 1, 2016
It sucks for everyone if there are attendance limits but its the best way. The players are already in a bubble and are vaccinated so they should be fine. The fans could pass it on to the players during the games which could cause a problem. It sucks but a TV tournament is better than none. Hopefully TSN makes enough money to convince Hockey Canada to impose the limits because i'm not sure the government will.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011

Do you know why they’re requesting this? Just curious

It would be like Germany asking to be referred to as Deutschland

Reactions: oilers'72

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated: