U17: 2022 Under-17 Five Nations Tournament

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Not yet. Will watch it either tonight or tomorrow.
I only skipped to the goals, which showed me that the box score here is useless.

The goals by Maxime Bickel to make it 3-2 and by Tim Schütz to make it 5-4 were both clearly unassisted. The one by Bickel was especially egregious. He intercepted a clearing attempt by a Swiss player and scored. No way anybody should have gotten an assist on this (except the Swiss player maybe).

Both goals by Tim Schütz were quite pretty, especially the first one.
I assume that the records are not freely accessible on the web..

Reactions: Reparlana

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
I assume that the records are not freely accessible on the web..

No, unfortunately not. Otherwise I would have shared them here already.

I watch them on HockeyTV.com. A friend chipped in part of the money. He will come by this weekend and we will watch 2 or 3 of the games together. This way I did not have to pay the full price by myself, which made the cost a little more reasonable.

Reactions: Goodman68

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
The Czech team has looked extremely impressive. There are at least 11 players I could see becoming NHL prospects and at least 4 with star potential. I haven't watched much U17 hockey in the past, so I can't tell if this is a normal year and things change as these kids get older, but I feel like this is a pretty special group for Czechia.

Voodoozz

Czechmate
Feb 22, 2016
Pilsen
www.youtube.com
The Czech team has looked extremely impressive. There are at least 11 players I could see becoming NHL prospects and at least 4 with star potential. I haven't watched much U17 hockey in the past, so I can't tell if this is a normal year and things change as these kids get older, but I feel like this is a pretty special group for Czechia.
The defenseman Tomáš Galvas (#4) looks extremely good, a fluid skater with tons of skill and confidence. But overall the skill level of this Czech team is something I haven't seen in a very long time. Jiříček, Titlbach, Klíma, Král, Svozil, Drančák etc. And obviously there's Benák as the sole 2007.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
The defenseman Tomáš Galvas (#4) looks extremely good, a fluid skater with tons of skill and confidence. But overall the skill level of this Czech team is something I haven't seen in a very long time. Jiříček, Titlbach, Klíma, Král, Svozil, Drančák etc. And obviously there's Benák as the sole 2007.

Thank you for posting this!! Really cool to see! Wish I could watch the game against USA!

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016

Yes, this team looks very talented indeed. It's just a shame that the rest of us can't see this tournament.
As for Galvas.. Last year he dominated against both the Finns and the Swedes and dominated in a way that I have never seen in a Czech defender or even a striker.
He is not very big, but I remember his father, he was a very strong defender. If Tomas doesn't lack emphasis, he can be a complex defender and he can easily be the best Czech defender in a very long time.

Reactions: czech and Voodoozz

Voodoozz

Czechmate
Feb 22, 2016
Pilsen
www.youtube.com
Great game for the Czechs against the US and a deserved win. High forchecking and tempo from both teams led to a lot of scoring chances at both ends of the rink. I thought that the Czech team was better 5v5 while the USA were dominant on the PP. Galvas and Titlbach stood out the most to me.

Highlights:

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
Did anyone watch Switzerland vs Slovakia surprised we won against slovakia but lost against germany. I thought germany would be the worst team since they lost pretty heavy to slovakia. Does someone know were highlights are available?

salamandra

Aug 31, 2017
Did anyone watch Switzerland vs Slovakia surprised we won against slovakia but lost against germany. I thought germany would be the worst team since they lost pretty heavy to slovakia. Does someone know were highlights are available?
Slovak players had only 17 hours of rest after the match againts the usa... and missed Kiss (Captain) and Kupec, who were injured.

Reactions: Kuracmugger

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
Slovak players had only 17 hours of rest after the match againts the usa... and missed Kiss (Captain) and Kupec, who were injured.
Missed Pobezal, Maruna, Chovan, Petras and Belusko too. They played at Hlinka and Chovan reportedly wasn't released by Tappara, which is weird.

salamandra

Aug 31, 2017
Missed Pobezal, Maruna, Chovan, Petras and Belusko too. They played at Hlinka and Chovan reportedly wasn't released by Tappara, which is weird.
Yes, and there were some missing players on the swiss side as well. I only wrote, that two important players were injured during the tournament...

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Great game for the Czechs against the US and a deserved win. High forchecking and tempo from both teams led to a lot of scoring chances at both ends of the rink. I thought that the Czech team was better 5v5 while the USA were dominant on the PP. Galvas and Titlbach stood out the most to me.

Highlights:

I really like the individual skills of our players on this team. A very interesting group of players.

Reactions: czechcanadian

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Best American players were Swanson and Park. Carcone not too far behind them. Then a bunch of players who are probably draft picks, but weren't as good as them (Stout, Pitner, McLaughlin, Bewick, Stefanek, and Cornforth). Not the best American team. The team last year was better. Swanson is a really fun player to watch, but he's undersized at 5'7. Park is a two-way center. Don't know why he wasn't picked for the NTDP. I doubt he wouldn't be one of their best players.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Who did you guys who watched the games like on team Switzerland?

Don't read too much into this, since I only watched their game vs. Germany and parts of their game vs. Czechia.
And in the game against Germany I was very focused on the German players, so I really only noticed the Swiss players by name, when the commentator said it.

The players I noticed the most were Daniil Ustinkov and Robin Nico Antenen. Jamiro Reber was someone I had expected more from, but he still had some nice shifts.
I was not impressed by William McNutt in goal against Germany, but he looked ok in the parts I saw vs. Czechia.
The commentators also mentioned that your other goalie Christian Kirsch had a strong game vs. USA.

If I find the time, I could make a highlight video from the Germany game (the games with Germany are the only ones I recorded, when I watched them). But that probably won't happen before the end of this week.

Reactions: Kuracmugger

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
Who did you guys who watched the games like on team Switzerland?
For me: Reber clearly the most talented and the only forward I really liked. Muggli, Ustinkov and Meier all with potential on the back end. Meier has the most work to do but I really like his upside.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad