Player Discussion 2022 Training Camp/Preseason General Discussion

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Gambrell is a perfectly fine guy to have riding the pine and sitting in the press box.

Can play on a 4th line and not hurt you, is ivery cheap, and you don’t care whatsoever about his development or sitting him for 30 straight games if need be.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
How has Sanderson looked for you guys?
Might take him for keeper

Has looked good. Made the most of his PP time so he may get some minutes this year. Will never be a huge points guy but any PP time he gets this year will pay off.

justavisitor

Sep 25, 2022
Good day all.

My first post here, but I have been a sens fans since ron tugnutt and damian rhodes era!!

So I am fine with 2 goalies rotation (even tho one is injured right now) and using young guys. (That's basically how sens were back in the late 90s)

I am not watching hockey as much as I used to, but to me, the thing that I worry the most is coaching. They simply had hard times getting the puck out of the zone last year and it's almost like other coaches would have done better with the resources we had. The saddest news to me last year was Canucks grabbing Bruce Boudreau. (Don't think he wants to come here tho)

But what's done is done. Once the winning culture sets in, and when you know you have talents in your group that can occasionally break up the game by oneself, the whole team will play differently. And that's why winning team can still win despite many injuries sometimes. That's why I am not that keen on getting the top 4 D with huge paying price. All it takes is one defensive guy gets injured, and we will be back to searching for our top D. Winning culture and systems are more important imo

Hasn't been this excited since the pens-sens eastern final. And may the tide be finally by our side this time!

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Good day all.

My first post here, but I have been a sens fans since ron tugnutt and damian rhodes era!!

So I am fine with 2 goalies rotation (even tho one is injured right now) and using young guys. (That's basically how sens were back in the late 90s)

I am not watching hockey as much as I used to, but to me, the thing that I worry the most is coaching. They simply had hard times getting the puck out of the zone last year and it's almost like other coaches would have done better with the resources we had. The saddest news to me last year was Canucks grabbing Bruce Boudreau. (Don't think he wants to come here tho)

But what's done is done. Once the winning culture sets in, and when you know you have talents in your group that can occasionally break up the game by oneself, the whole team will play differently. And that's why winning team can still win despite many injuries sometimes. That's why I am not that keen on getting the top 4 D with huge paying price. All it takes is one defensive guy gets injured, and we will be back to searching for our top D. Winning culture and systems are more important imo

Hasn't been this excited since the pens-sens eastern final. And may the tide be finally by our side this time!
Welcome to the forum!

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
The Sens will ice the most competitive lineup IMO. I think there is zero chance that Gambrell is playing 4C until the TDL. If he is playing 4C it would only be for a few weeks to a few months before a guy like Kastelic made him completely expendable. We haven't even finished training camp yet and Kastelic may have already made him completely expendable now.
I prefer Katelic as the 4th line centre too, but I doubt they carry Kastelic, Gambrell & then also sign Brassard. They can have all three if they send Kastelic to Belleville which is what I think they do. Gambrell is fine as a 13th forward, but I didn't want them to re-sign him because I wanted Kastelic as the 4th line centre. My guess is that they sign Brassard & he shares the spot with Gambrell & send Kastelic to Belleville & recall him when needed until there is room on the roster for him to be here full time. We'll see.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yak

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Will never be a huge points guy but any PP time he gets this year will pay off.
Can't agree with this at all.

He has the skills and IQ to put up lots of points as soon as this season.

He may already have the best shot on our D corp and has a knack for getting it on net.

Based on the early returns of the 2 PP setups there will also be plenty of opportunity for him to rack up points there too. Dismiss his offensive potential at your own risk!

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Gambrell is a perfectly fine guy to have riding the pine and sitting in the press box.

Can play on a 4th line and not hurt you, is ivery cheap, and you don’t care whatsoever about his development or sitting him for 30 straight games if need be.
Would you sign Brass? I would, if even just to waive him immediately & hope he clears. I think he has the most versatility to play up outside of our top 9 (and Ridley).

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Good day all.

Welcome aboard!

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I’d like to see Norris and Stu switch spots.

Tkachuk Stu Batherson
Debrincat Norris Giroux
Motte Pinto Joseph

I think Norris would be a better fit between Debrincat and Giroux than Stu.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I’d like to see Norris and Stu switch spots.

Tkachuk Stu Batherson
Debrincat Norris Giroux
Motte Pinto Joseph

I think Norris would be a better fit between Debrincat and Giroux than Stu.

I still think we'll want to see Norris and DBC on different lines but who knows.

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
Good day all.

One of us, one of us, gooble gobble!

Union2017

Welcome to Ottawa, Michael Andlauer.
Feb 23, 2018
Ottawa
Guess who's back?

1664998442796.png

• Wow
Reactions: DrEasy

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I’m more concerned that SN will dump it again after the live broadcast..

It’s listed as being aired, I guess just in French, but it’s there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad