GDT: 2022 Trade Deadline Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
lol moore, ducks legend for all of 1 day

One of my favorite silly Sportscenter bits was when they did a retrospective on Rasheed Wallace's one game stay with the Atlanta Hawks before getting traded again. Wish it was archived somewhere, they went all out with music and a solid deadpan performance from the anchor.

Also remember reading a weird friendship between two guys who are obsessed with collecting any merchandise of Mike Piazza as a Florida Marlin.

Getting back to Moore, I wonder if Vegas will actually use him or if he's ticketed for the AHL and they can activate Alec Martinez.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
July 2021: Vegas trades Nick Holden (1 year, 1.7 mil left) and 3rd rounder to Ottawa for Dadonov

March 2022: Vegas trades Dadonov and 2nd rounder to Anaheim for John Moore (1+ year, 2.75 AAV) and Ryan Kesler (1x6.875)

Doing some algebra, they dealt 2nd+3rd rounders to end up with a worse contract? Although I think Kesler helps them out with LTIR shenanigans?

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Uh, he said the PP was shit and was discussing production being pretty good despite the PP being shit.

You didn’t read what he said and then made a complaint about advanced stats that don’t exist.

Our PP is 29th in xGF/60 and 2nd (in the bad sense obviously) in xGA/60.

Our PP is not unlucky. Our PP doesn’t have good underlying advanced numbers. Our PP sucks dead donkey dick all day long in Macy’s window.
It’s nice that you added the stylistic touch about the Macy’s window. Really put an artistic spin on your comments.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Forgot about Phil Kessel. According to CapFriendly, he still had a partial NTC which listed eight teams he'd accept a trade to. But he could have easily listed eight teams he knew would have have no interest thus turning into a full NTC. He just had his first kid three weeks ago, so perhaps he's content with sticking around / now's not the best time to move.

Arizona used its third salary retention spot with the Johan Larsson trade, so they couldn't retain on Kessel if they had wanted to.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Forgot about Phil Kessel. According to CapFriendly, he still had a partial NTC which listed eight teams he'd accept a trade to. But he could have easily listed eight teams he knew would have have no interest thus turning into a full NTC. He just had his first kid three weeks ago, so perhaps he's content with sticking around / now's not the best time to move.

Arizona used its third salary retention spot with the Johan Larsson trade, so they couldn't retain on Kessel if they had wanted to.

His sister sent out this tweet which makes it seem like he wanted out. Maybe the interest wasn’t there

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
His sister sent out this tweet which makes it seem like he wanted out. Maybe the interest wasn’t there

That's a distinct possibility as well. Even if they had found another team to eat 50% (3.4 mil), it doesn't look like many playoff teams had cap space left. Looking at CapFriendly, the three who could have theoretically fit him in:

Minnesota -- lots of wingers already, needed a center if anything
NY Rangers -- lots of wingers
Nashville -- could have made sense, but maybe they just weren't interested

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I just now remembered with todays Islanders re-signings.

Remember when Lou didn’t negotiate during season because of “distractions”?

I mean, he did sign both Brodeur and Stevens more than once in-season. I think it was training camp/preseason for Marty one of the times, but I know he signed both in December one year. Stevens would have been a UFA but Marty was still way too young for UFA.

He did sign Zajac a couple of days in training camp here in 2013.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
I just now remembered with todays Islanders re-signings.

Remember when Lou didn’t negotiate during season because of “distractions”?

I mean, he did sign both Brodeur and Stevens more than once in-season. I think it was training camp/preseason for Marty one of the times, but I know he signed both in December one year. Stevens would have been a UFA but Marty was still way too young for UFA.

He did sign Zajac a couple of days in training camp here in 2013.

I think Lou has adapted to the times in this regard. It's like when everyone was questioning whether the Leafs would give Matthews the maximum bonus package because Lou never let an ELC go over the maximum AAV as Devils GM, and then he gave Matthews the maximum and it was a moot point.

That said, when you adapt to the times in this way and your move is to sign Clutterbuck and Parise, maybe it's better to stick to the old-fashioned way of doing business.

Reactions: Bleedred

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
200.gif

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
@sabremike Looks like I was right about Hamonic being a shit head you don't want in a locker room...

I wonder if guys on Ottawa were shaking hands with and hugging Dorion after this trade like they were when acquired Alexandre Burrows?

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
When Bobby Brink or whoever the hell the picks we traded became become players of consequence then I'll actually give a f***.

Until then it was a wash

It’s Brink and Khusnutdinov. I wouldn’t be surprised if both are good players. They’re great prospects. It was a solid bet to make but oh well his back was beyond f***ed and he couldn’t regain form

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad