GDT: 2022 Trade Deadline Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Might be some small moves. I'll be surprised if anything major happens.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
We have a ton of forwards coming off of IR / down in Utica i want to see

Ideally we move 2/3 towards and Subban to make room for some youth

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Vesey and maybe Zacha’s all I really see going out. There’s no interest in PK. Maybe Johnsson but I doubt it. That seems more like a next years move.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Your Johnsson hate boner’s the dumbest shit. The guy is a totally fine middle 6er who is in no need of a buyout.

i've seen dumber shit...

sadly its not even worth it to buy him out. oh well, here's to trade deadline day!

///

Buyout Breakdown​

YEAR BASE SALARY (CASH)BUYOUT SAVINGSBUYOUT CAP HIT
2021-22
Contract details by year
$250,000$500,000$2,900,000
2022-23
Contract details by year
$250,000$500,000$2,900,000
2023-24
Contract details by year
$250,000-$250,000$250,000
2024-25
Contract details by year
$250,000-$250,000$250,000
$1,000,000

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
I want to know what the actual quote is. Last time he brought up Bratt all he said was that other teams are interested which yeah teams are going to be interested in a 23 year old star. Doesn’t mean he’s anywhere near available
I'm waiting to see if Frank really puts Bratt on his trade board. I think this is just a joke tweet. I'll lose respect for Seravalli if he does after putting Blackwood on it unless one of them actually is traded tomorrow.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I'm waiting to see if Frank really puts Bratt on his trade board. I think this is just a joke tweet. I'll lose respect for Seravalli if he does after putting Blackwood on it unless one of them actually is traded tomorrow.

Maybe he’s trolling in the replies as well but it looks like he’s being serious. I really think the likely scenario is Frank brought up Bratt again as a player other teams are interested in and people are losing their minds thinking he’s readily available.

Blackwood being on the trade board and not being moved is nothing to lose respect over. Friedge also said there’s tension. Blackwood not being moved could just be down to him being injured and a team wanting to hold off until the offseason to do it. I still don’t have an appetite for moving him unless the relationship’s just beyond severed. I want to see him healthy again and see if he can return to form. Blackwood returning to form would almost certainly be better for us than anyone we’d end up bringing in besides like Husso and him keeping up the strong play.

I don’t really know who these people are but there’s this which seems like the must more likely situation

Last edited:

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
The fact that there wasn’t even a thread made on the trade board leads me to believe people are blowing whatever comments were made way out of proportion. If Frank said Bratt’s just available I have to imagine a thread would’ve been made.

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
Maybe he’s trolling in the replies as well but it looks like he’s being serious. I really think the likely scenario is Frank brought up Bratt again as a player other teams are interested in and people are losing their minds thinking he’s readily available.

Blackwood being on the trade board and not being moved is nothing to lose respect over. Friedge also said there’s tension. Blackwood not being moved could just be down to him being injured and a team wanting to hold off until the offseason to do it. I still don’t have an appetite for moving him unless the relationship’s just beyond severed. I want to see him healthy again and see if he can return to form. Blackwood returning to form would almost certainly be better for us than anyone we’d end up bringing in besides like Husso and him keeping up the strong play.
If it is just interest from other teams for Bratt I don't think that's enough to put him on the board. Same with Blackwood "maybe available before the deadline". He's not even skating afaik. Yes I know injured players can be traded but he made it sound like Blackwood would be available to practice if not play.

I agree with the "soured relationship"

I mean if it's a general trade board that goes into the summer that's one thing. It shouldn't be on the deadline trade board.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
If it is just interest from other teams for Bratt I don't think that's enough to put him on the board. Same with Blackwood "maybe available before the deadline". He's not even skating afaik. Yes I know injured players can be traded but he made it sound like Blackwood would be available to practice if not play.

I agree with the "soured relationship"

I mean if it's a general trade board that goes into the summer that's one thing. It shouldn't be on the deadline trade board.

But also if there was more than just interest from other teams don’t you think more people would be talking about it? Frank’s the only one with Bratt’s name in his mouth. This would be the one to cause you to lose respect if any because it really just seems out of left field and completely made up if he is in fact saying Bratt’s on the block (which again I doubt he’s saying)

Also with Blackwood I mean there could just be interest at this deadline and maybe it doesn’t get done now. Not everyone on the list ends up getting moved and Frank’s not the only one to have mentioned Blackwood

Last edited:

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
But also if there was more than just interest from other teams don’t you think more people would be talking about it? Frank’s the only one with Bratt’s name in his mouth. This would be the one that should cause you to lose respect if any because it really just seems out of left field and completely made up if he is in fact saying Bratt’s on the block (which again I doubt he’s saying)

Also with Blackwood I mean there could just be interest at this deadline and maybe it doesn’t get done now. Not everyone on the list ends up getting moved and Frank’s not the only one to have mentioned Blackwood
Yeah I'm giving him benefit of the doubt until he posts Bratt on the board.

The most recent board only has twenty players and Blackwood isn't on it so I'm assuming he took him off.

But this was his exact quote:

Blackwood is a couple weeks away from working his way back to the lineup after a left heel injury. He may be ready to go before the trade deadline.

I haven't heard anything about Blackwood skating on his own. How is that a couple weeks away, maybe ready to go before the deadline?

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I'm not expecting much today. I hope Sevs doesn't move. I'm leaning towards not wanting Zacha to move as well. Maybe someone like Vesey or Johnsson would be good to ship off if there were any takers. I have a feeling Boston is very interested in Zacha but will probably only offer a 2nd round pick. I just don't see value in a trade like that for us.

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
I think its just going to be Vesey. I hope we claim the Finnish goalie. If we just do that I will be happy.

Other moves like Zacha, Blackwood, potentially Johnsson will be during the Summer.

13BearerOfHope

Hoppsassa Gügüü
Oct 12, 2019
Big day for Fitzi. I hope we can place Zacha and Vesey for good return. If not, then also ok. I am not one of those who need to see a trade. Sometimes best to wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia