WJC: 2022 Team Slovakia roster talk

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Tournament is still a while away but I think these 2004 and 2005 borns sent a message. If the 2002 and 2003 players aren’t at their best form, we are taking your spot at this tournament. Nice to have some solid competition in the Slovak WJC nomination

Reactions: jaro

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
I believe these players are locks or 90% guaranteed:
Dvorsky, Slaf, Nemec, Knazko, Stacha, Becar, Kolenic, Kaslik, Latkoczy, Krajc, Myklukha, Demek, Mesar.

Players who have a good chance (will still have to fight for roster spot):
Petrovsky, Molnar, Ciernik, Faith, Jedlicka, Groch, Kmec, Strbak, Petrovicky, Michalik, L.Nemec

Players on the outside looking in (could still end up on final roster but will take a push:
Geci, Baco, Zlnka, Sramaty, Zubak, Jombik, Lasak, Kupco, Fatul, Mosko

With goalies Latkoczy is lock and Elias is looking like one too, not sure who they will take as the other one.

Maybe a bit selfishly but I would really like the Ciernik - Dvorsky - Molnar line to be there at WJC.

What would your lineup look like?

Reactions: Antiillafire

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
What would your lineup look like?
So much can change in the next few months, but right now this is how I think the roster will look:

Slafkovsky - Dvorsky - Chromiak
Mesar - Myklukha - Demek
Kolenic - Kaslik - Krajc
Jedlicka - Michalik - Repcik

Knazko - Becar
Stacha - Nemec
Petrovicky - Kmec
Zubak - Groch

Latkoczy
Elias
Marinov

Here is how I hope the roster is though:

Mesar - Kaslik - Demek
Molnar - Myklukha - Krajc
Kolenic - Jedlicka - Repcik

Knazko - Becar
Stacha - Nemec
Petrovicky - Kmec
Groch - Strbak

The pairings of Knazko - Becar and Stacha - Nemec were great last year, they should keep the same. It comes down to whether the coach will select more 02’s or more 04’s. I put Molnar in there because I think by time December comes around he will have adapted to playing with men even better and his speed could be a great asset. I see Kmec having a very successful season in the WHL and his toughness and break out ability would be nice to have on this team.

Last edited:

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
So much can change in the next few months, but right now this is how I think the roster will look:

Mesar - Myklukha - Demek
Kolenic - Kaslik - Krajc
Jedlicka - Michalik - Repcik

Knazko - Becar
Stacha - Nemec
Petrovicky - Kmec
Zubak - Groch

Latkoczy
Elias
Marinov

Here is how I hope the roster is though:

Mesar - Kaslik - Demek
Molnar - Myklukha - Krajc
Kolenic - Jedlicka - Repcik

Knazko - Becar
Stacha - Nemec
Petrovicky - Kmec
Groch - Strbak

The pairings of Knazko - Becar and Stacha - Nemec were great last year, they should keep the same. It comes down to whether the coach will select more 02’s or more 04’s. I put Molnar in there because I think by time December comes around he will have adapted to playing with men even better and his speed could be a great asset. I see Kmec having a very successful season in the WHL and his toughness and break out ability would be nice to have on this team.

Nemec should be the Nr. 1 Defensman.

Reactions: hellwar9

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
Could be some real solid Center depth for us at the tournament. Dvorsky, Kaslik, Demek, Repcik, Jedlicka, Myklukha.

I agree. However. some of them will play the wings. I would bet on someone from the trio of Kaslik, Demek and Jedlicka. Geci is still in the game, in the summer he may not have looked ideal in the U20 national team, but at that time he was still during the hard summer trainings. And who knows, Petrovsky may surprise us all and he will have a rocket start and a great season at the OHL. Center after a long time may not be our problem.

Reactions: Antiillafire

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
The medal is a realistic target and it won´t be an upset. Although, some of these guys are so talented that they might not be available in two years due to NHL duties.
Very true. Even next year they should be a good team and have their big three of Nemec, Slafkovsky, and Dvorsky.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Players born in 2002 and 2003 are far too weak to aim for the medal.

Impossible to bet on players of 16-17 years in such a tournament.

We will have to wait for the 2024 edition to see Slovakia scare. And that will depend on the presence of Nemec, Slafkovsky and Dvorsky who are likely to play in NHL at this time.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia

We will have to wait for the 2024 edition to see Slovakia scare. And that will depend on the presence of Nemec, Slafkovsky and Dvorsky who are likely to play in NHL at this time.
It is true but we shall see. We won’t be a medal contender this year but I could see us getting a result similar to team in 2015 if greatness can happen. The keys are all there. Look at Germany in 2019, they gave a big scare into top teams. This top 6 could be one of the best we’ve had in quite a few years:

Mesar - Kaslik - Demek

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Not great for the U20 tournament. It's just good to show that Slovakia is better than Germany and Switzerland.

This year, the medal goal is for the U18 tournament. Here, the chances of a medal are good. But Canada will have a crazy team, 2004 Russian generation is excellent and USA remains formidable in this tournament

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
This year, the medal goal is for the U18 tournament. Here, the chances of a medal are good. But Canada will have a crazy team, 2004 Russian generation is excellent and USA remains formidable in this tournament
Slovakia has been relegated to the lower division and will play against Japan or Norway instead of USA, Canada, Russia this year.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Slovakia has been relegated to the lower division and will play against Japan or Norway instead of USA, Canada, Russia this year.

I had forgotten. The Covid will have cost a serious chance at a medal. Obviously, it's going to be an uninspiring butcher's shop. With the progress of the middle nations, it would be more relevant to expand the elite championship to 12 nations with 3 groups of 4 nations and ranking matches.

Rusty7550

Aug 11, 2018

I think our 2002 are solid and underrated. They played very well at the Hlinka Gretzky cup in 2019. Guys like Chromiak, Knazko, Kaslik, Latkoczy, Stacha, Petrovicky etc. are solid. These guys with some 03s and 04s + Dvorsky can be a good team. Probably not a medal team but they can do some damage.

Rusty7550

Aug 11, 2018
It is true but we shall see. We won’t be a medal contender this year but I could see us getting a result similar to team in 2015 if greatness can happen. The keys are all there. Look at Germany in 2019, they gave a big scare into top teams. This top 6 could be one of the best we’ve had in quite a few years:

Mesar - Kaslik - Demek
That 2nd line looks good but I would put Demek as a centre. Mesar - Demek - Kaslik. Kaslik is a winger. We need guys who plays at center position in their clubs, not only in national team. Last year, only Myklukha knew how to win a feceoffs.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
That will get ugly fast. I remember when Czech u18 got relegated... Jiri tlusty and company. It was pretty lopsided just like this will be for Slovakia.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Start of season roster prediction:

Mesar - Demek - Kaslik
Faith - Myklukha - Krajc
Repcik - Jedlicka - Baco

Stacha - Nemec
Knazko - Becar
Petrovicky - Kmec
Groch - Jombik

Latkoczy
Elias
Marinov

PP1:
Slafkovsky - Dvorsky - Kaslik
Chromiak - Nemec

PP2:
Myklukha - Demek - Mesar
Knazko - Faith

PK1:
Kaslik - Krajc
Knazko - Nemec

PK2:
Jedlicka - Repcik
Stacha - Kmec

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
Start of season roster prediction:

Mesar - Demek - Kaslik
Faith - Myklukha - Krajc
Repcik - Jedlicka - Baco

Stacha - Nemec
Knazko - Becar
Petrovicky - Kmec
Groch - Jombik

Latkoczy
Elias
Marinov

PP1:
Slafkovsky - Dvorsky - Kaslik
Chromiak - Nemec

PP2:
Myklukha - Demek - Mesar
Knazko - Faith

PK1:
Kaslik - Krajc
Knazko - Nemec

PK2:
Jedlicka - Repcik
Stacha - Kmec

That's how I can imagine it too. Although, Jombik probably doesn't. For now, he has a problem keeping in the line-up in the Finnish junior league. In his place I can imagine, for example, Denis Bakala, he should play the first defense pair in Presov and he wasn't bad at all in the summer national games. Or someone younger.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Man, it really sucks Slovakia is not gonna play in highest division with this dream team. Slovakia could have ended up winning it all. Its gonna be total domination in the current division,. I could see games ending like 10-0 to Slovakia.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad