WJC: 2022 Team Slovakia roster talk

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
This is not that unrealistic, add Krajc and it might be bang on.

Has krajc really made that many strides since last year? I watched him and was not really impressed, he’s not a scorer and isn’t really good defensively. To me, he’s like Faith but without a touch of goal scoring flair.

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
He was one of the best players in the recent matches against Czech republic. It obviously does not reflect his whole season, but I think he has a good chance to be on WJC team

Last edited:
Reactions: hellwar9

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
For now, i think it could be something like that?

Chromiak - Dvorsky - Slafkovsky
Mesar - Myklukha - Krajc
Faith - Kaslik - Kolenic
L.Nemec - Michalik - Baco
Jedlicka

Knazko - S. Nemec
Stacha - Becar
Groch - Petrovicky
Zubak

Latkoczy
Elias
Beke

Krajc is currently a better player than Faith. Although Faith has better hockey iq and stickhandling, Krajc has better skating and two - way play, and I'm not even saying that he is physically better than Faith. Faith must have a really excellent summer preparation and strengthen, otherwise he may not even get to the WJC. In the 4th line on the wing, Libor Nemec would be much better than Servac Petrovsky. Libor Nemec game is almost the same style as Juraj Slafkovsky. Although Servac Petrovsky has improved his two-way game this season, he is a sniper and an offensive player, in the 4th line he would be lost. As for the first and second lines, it comes to me from the pair Dvorsky - Slafkovsky and Mesar - Myklukha they have chemistry and I think they would play better this way but it's already on the coaches.

Reactions: JotAlan

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
For now, i think it could be something like that?

Chromiak - Dvorsky - Slafkovsky
Mesar - Myklukha - Krajc
Faith - Kaslik - Kolenic
L.Nemec - Michalik - Baco
Jedlicka

Knazko - S. Nemec
Stacha - Becar
Groch - Petrovicky
Zubak

Latkoczy
Elias
Beke

Krajc is currently a better player than Faith. Although Faith has better hockey iq and stickhandling, Krajc has better skating and two - way play, and I'm not even saying that he is physically better than Faith. Faith must have a really excellent summer preparation and strengthen, otherwise he may not even get to the WJC. In the 4th line on the wing, Libor Nemec would be much better than Servac Petrovsky. Libor Nemec game is almost the same style as Juraj Slafkovsky. Although Servac Petrovsky has improved his two-way game this season, he is a sniper and an offensive player, in the 4th line he would be lost. As for the first and second lines, it comes to me from the pair Dvorsky - Slafkovsky and Mesar - Myklukha they have chemistry and I think they would play better this way but it's already on the coaches.

Great team! Maybe I would trade Faith for Molnar or at least add Molnar. I believe he will make the team, he must have a similar year to Mesar last season.

Reactions: hellwar9

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
I agree. Molnar is one of the possibilities. We will see how he can establish himself in the top tier Slovak men's league.
We will also have to see how the 2002 and 2003 players develop next season. Personally, I think some 2002s could be hard to leave off roster if they make more progress.

james12

Mar 31, 2018
Slafkovsky, Nemec, Dvorsky, Mesar, Chromiak and Knazko..what a powerhouse. And lots of other promising talents. Goalie wont be a weakness, D core lacks a depth a bit - still solid though. And on the top of that its going to be very young team again - expecting a shot (at least in pre-t) for lots of 04 and 05 born players that would play top Slovak league that time.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Slafkovsky, Nemec, Dvorsky, Mesar, Chromiak and Knazko..what a powerhouse. And lots of other promising talents. Goalie wont be a weakness, D core lacks a depth a bit - still solid though. And on the top of that its going to be very young team again - expecting a shot (at least in pre-t) for lots of 04 and 05 born players that would play top Slovak league that time.
For defense, I expect top 4 to get heavy minutes, and than use third pairing guys on PK. Groch is a good physical defenseman that can kill PKs. Although I would like to see more younger guys, I bet petrovicky takes older team than many of us think.

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
A bit off topic, but I feel the need to share, for I find it hilarious:
2902672F-4EF1-4C1A-969E-6EC4736C5647.jpeg

Reactions: Elvs

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Jakub Chromiak is very young but a big talent. Look at Nemec who played when he was just 16 years old in wjc. So maybe Jakub can do that too.

Maybe im too deep in the water now, but maybe its better if the likes of Sykora, Repcik, Zlnka and Gabriel makes the team over some of the older guys.

Chromiak - Myklukha- Slafkovsky
Mesar - Dvorsky - Molnar
Ciernek - Kaslik - Sykora
Zlnka - Gabriel - Repcik

Knazko - S. Nemec
Stacha - Becar
Strbak - Petrovicky
Jakub Chromiak

Latkoczy
Beke
Elias

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Jakub Chromiak is very young but a big talent. Look at Nemec who played when he was just 16 years old in wjc. So maybe Jakub can do that too.

Maybe im too deep in the water now, but maybe its better if the likes of Sykora, Repcik, Zlnka and Gabriel makes the team over some of the older guys.

Mesar - Dvorsky - Molnar
Zlnka - Gabriel - Repcik

Knazko - S. Nemec
Stacha - Becar
Strbak - Petrovicky
Jakub Chromiak

Latkoczy
Beke
Elias
Although I would like something like this, Kolenic is a lock for the team imo. And even Demek who was recently drafted would make a push, but it looks like we have a deeper team than we may have ever had before. Defense is a bit young, I think strbak has shot but I’d replace young chromiak who doesn’t quite have physical tools yet with Kmec who will be in the WHL next year.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008

Mesar - Dvorsky - Molnar
Zlnka - Gabriel - Repcik

Knazko - S. Nemec
Stacha - Becar
Strbak - Petrovicky
Jakub Chromiak

Latkoczy
Beke
Elias

Myklukha has no business to be among the top 6 let alone on the top line. Guy is a midget and weights like a feather. He cannot play along the boards as he get very easily outmuscled.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Myklukha has no business to be among the top 6 let alone on the top line. Guy is a midget and weights like a feather. He cannot play along the boards as he get very easily outmuscled.

I'm not a huge fan of his either

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Although I would like something like this, Kolenic is a lock for the team imo. And even Demek who was recently drafted would make a push, but it looks like we have a deeper team than we may have ever had before. Defense is a bit young, I think strbak has shot but I’d replace young chromiak who doesn’t quite have physical tools yet with Kmec who will be in the WHL next year.

Do you think Marcel Stefancik has a chance?

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Do you think Marcel Stefancik has a chance?
No, 2 years ago maybe when I first saw him. Not anymore though. I’d consider this team will be 2002s and 2004s (Dvorsky - 05) mixed plus Demek and Becar. Than next year almost exclusively 2004 plus Demek and Becar and some 2005s. 2003 is not great birth year, luckily we had 2 solid ones on either side of it

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Chromiak, Slaf, Mesar, Myklukha, Kolenic, Krajc, Demek, Kaslik I consider locks for the team
I believe these players are locks or 90% guaranteed:
Dvorsky, Slaf, Nemec, Knazko, Stacha, Becar, Kolenic, Kaslik, Latkoczy, Krajc, Myklukha, Demek, Mesar.

Players who have a good chance (will still have to fight for roster spot):
Petrovsky, Molnar, Ciernik, Faith, Jedlicka, Groch, Kmec, Strbak, Petrovicky, Michalik, L.Nemec

Players on the outside looking in (could still end up on final roster but will take a push:
Geci, Baco, Zlnka, Sramaty, Zubak, Jombik, Lasak, Kupco, Fatul, Mosko

With goalies Latkoczy is lock and Elias is looking like one too, not sure who they will take as the other one.

Maybe a bit selfishly but I would really like the Ciernik - Dvorsky - Molnar line to be there at WJC.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Slovakia killing Finland right now and reaching final is just another sign that Slovaks should go with the younger players in the upcoming WJC in december. U dont pick the 19 year olds when the 18 and 17 year olds are better.
They're having a great tournament right now but I wonder how they'll do against the older talent of the other countries in the actual WJC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->