WJC: 2022 Team Slovakia roster talk

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
I think our lineup next year could be a bit like this

Latkoczy (Elias, Beke)

(HM: Opatovsky, Noskovic, Marinov, O. Nemec)

Knazko - S. Nemec
Stacha - Becar
Zubak - Petrovicky
Groch

(HM: Fatul, Jombik, Ketner, Seliga, Socha, Natny, Strbak)

Slafkovsky - Myklukha - Chromiak
Mesar - Geci - Faith
Kupco - Kaslik - Kolenic
Jedlicka - Michalik - Baco
Rehak

(HM: Krajc, Mastic, Lasak, Hajnik, Sramaty, Demek, Ozvald, Stumpel, Stefancik, L. Nemec, Sykora, Petrovsky, Zlnka, Sotek, Gabriel, Ciernik, Molnar, Dvorsky)

Reactions: De Montreal

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
I think our lineup next year could be a bit like this

Latkoczy (Elias, Beke)

(HM: Opatovsky, Noskovic, Marinov, O. Nemec)

Knazko - S. Nemec
Stacha - Becar
Zubak - Petrovicky
Groch

(HM: Fatul, Jombik, Ketner, Seliga, Socha, Natny, Strbak)

Slafkovsky - Myklukha - Chromiak
Mesar - Geci - Faith
Kupco - Kaslik - Kolenic
Jedlicka - Michalik - Baco
Rehak

(HM: Krajc, Mastic, Lasak, Hajnik, Sramaty, Demek, Ozvald, Stumpel, Stefancik, L. Nemec, Sykora, Petrovsky, Zlnka, Sotek, Gabriel, Ciernik, Molnar, Dvorsky)
Many players from the last WJC, hopefully they will use their gained experience in the next year(s).

Reactions: hellwar9

james12

Mar 31, 2018
Latkoczy
Opatovsky
Korec/Elias (they're equally good)

Knazko - Becar
Stacha - Nemec
Mosko - Laurencik
Petrovicky

question marks: Strbak (U20 in Jokerit is a must), Natny, Fatul, Groch, Zubak

Chromiak - Myklukha - Slafkovsky
Mesar - Petrovsky - Zlnka
Ciernik - Kaslik - Kolenic
Krajc - Rehak - Baco
Faith

question marks:
- U18 NT coach said he's convinced that there will be some 05's in the U20 squad 'cause they're very talented and hard-working
- for now I could imagine only Dvorsky or Molnar potentially making the team - the problem is that Dvorsky is top6 center and it would be hell of a work for him to overcome Myklukha and Petrovsky when it comes to complex two-way game, though it's still possible; the same with Molnar
- I assume Ciernik will be playing Allsvenskan hopefully - if so, he must be there; Zlnka is a great skater
- 03 players such as L.Nemec, Kupco, Geci, Stefancik won't be at the level of 04's I've written above and since they're natural top6 guys and have defensive absences (maybe except Stefancik) I think none of them will make it. Sramaty, Demek, Stumpel I didn't like them so much thus far.
- What about Matthew Knies? He's top 50 for 2021 Draft and I'd be delighted if he represented Slovakia (USA won't let him go tbh 'cause he's very good)

Reactions: Jabs102501

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
Latkoczy
Opatovsky
Korec/Elias (they're equally good)

Knazko - Becar
Stacha - Nemec
Mosko - Laurencik
Petrovicky

question marks: Strbak (U20 in Jokerit is a must), Natny, Fatul, Groch, Zubak

Chromiak - Myklukha - Slafkovsky
Mesar - Petrovsky - Zlnka
Ciernik - Kaslik - Kolenic
Krajc - Rehak - Baco
Faith

question marks:
- U18 NT coach said he's convinced that there will be some 05's in the U20 squad 'cause they're very talented and hard-working
- for now I could imagine only Dvorsky or Molnar potentially making the team - the problem is that Dvorsky is top6 center and it would be hell of a work for him to overcome Myklukha and Petrovsky when it comes to complex two-way game, though it's still possible; the same with Molnar
- I assume Ciernik will be playing Allsvenskan hopefully - if so, he must be there; Zlnka is a great skater
- 03 players such as L.Nemec, Kupco, Geci, Stefancik won't be at the level of 04's I've written above and since they're natural top6 guys and have defensive absences (maybe except Stefancik) I think none of them will make it. Sramaty, Demek, Stumpel I didn't like them so much thus far.
- What about Matthew Knies? He's top 50 for 2021 Draft and I'd be delighted if he represented Slovakia (USA won't let him go tbh 'cause he's very good)
7 U18 players? Come on, let's not get crazy. Geci should be there, I don't think Petrovsky and Zlnka are better than him. Faith should also be a lock for the team, then Jedlicka, Michalik and Demek have a good chance. As for Ciernik, he has only played 10 u20 games so far, which is a very small sample to evaluate his real quality

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
7 U18 players? Come on, let's not get crazy. Geci should be there, I don't think Petrovsky and Zlnka are better than him. Faith should also be a lock for the team, then Jedlicka, Michalik and Demek have a good chance. As for Ciernik, he has only played 10 u20 games so far, which is a very small sample to evaluate his real quality

Right? People are quick to try and jump to the future players where things look more promising but people need to remember this is not an u17 or u18 tournament , experience is big.

Reactions: hellwar9 and kudla

james12

Mar 31, 2018

Geci definitely shouldn't be there as of now. He's mediocre of a skater and his defensive awereness is everything but of a good quality. I don't want to dispraise your opinion - I take it, but since I've seen almost every game of every 03 and 04 (with exception of some 03's in CZE) that are in potential consideration for WJC thus far this season, I dare to stand on what I said.

Petrovsky is better player in overall than Geci regardless the age - thats my opinion. Better skater, playmaker, uses his skill more efficiently. Whatsmore, Geci hasn't played for really long time. Really cannot understand why do you think he's better player.

Jedlicka, Michalik - okay, in fact they're bottom 6 and could fit there. They're interchangable with players like Rehak, Krajc, etc. Doesn't really matter.

Demek must have been a bad joke. No comment for this.

It's a matter of view but I'd rather take players that can skate (Zlnka, Ciernik, Mesar) than ones who have obvious problems to at least try to keep up with the international pace (Faith, Demek, whoever).

As for Ciernik, I agree with what you said.

Right? People are quick to try and jump to the future players where things look more promising but people need to remember this is not an u17 or u18 tournament , experience is big.

I know these guys and I think that there will be other leaders that ones I omitted. Knazko, Slafkovsky, Nemec, Stacha, Latkoczy all have that capacity.

Last edited:

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
What about Matthew Knies? He's top 50 for 2021 Draft and I'd be delighted if he represented Slovakia (USA won't let him go tbh 'cause he's very good)

Did he qualify to Slovak national team? I think, he must playing 2 season in Slovakia, because he was born in USA and never played here.

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
Did he qualify to Slovak national team? I think, he must playing 2 season in Slovakia, because he was born in USA and never played here.
Exactly or another possibility would be in case he owns only Slovak passport but this is nonsense since he was born and lives in the USA.

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
Okay, from what I've seen for the last matches, Dvorsky should get to the next WJC without any problems. The guy can create chances, he can read the game, he wins the bully, he skates well, he plays well with the puck but also without the puck. His position game, hockey iq, stickhandling, I was really surprised and fascinated. Despite his age, I would put him on the line with Slafkovsky and Chromiak and it could be a really dangerous line.

Reactions: james12

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Okay, from what I've seen for the last matches, Dvorsky should get to the next WJC without any problems. The guy can create chances, he can read the game, he wins the bully, he skates well, he plays well with the puck but also without the puck. His position game, hockey iq, stickhandling, I was really surprised and fascinated. Despite his age, I would put him on the line with Slafkovsky and Chromiak and it could be a really dangerous line.

His first goal was also nice to watch. Interesting prospect.

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
His first goal was also nice to watch. Interesting prospect.

I agree. He will probably return to Sweden next season, but if he dominates the Swedish junior, I think he should be in the WJC. Myklukha could move to the second line with Mesar and it could also be a good pair. It's been almost a year, but Dvorsky really fascinated me. Slovak player didn't really interest me like that for a really long time.

Rusty7550

Aug 11, 2018
I agree. He will probably return to Sweden next season, but if he dominates the Swedish junior, I think he should be in the WJC. Myklukha could move to the second line with Mesar and it could also be a good pair. It's been almost a year, but Dvorsky really fascinated me. Slovak player didn't really interest me like that for a really long time.
I think from all 05 born players, he's got the best chance to play at the WJC next year. Great skater with very good size and more importantly, he's a center which is big weakness of pretty much all Slovak national teams. I don't like to predict line up one year before the tournament but I think it will be similar to Hlinka-Gretzky cup team from 2019 but with more 04s.

james12

Mar 31, 2018
Chromiak - Dvorsky - Slafkovsky would be perfect line offensive wise but who would defend there? :D

I'm convinced Dalibor will be there, I personally like him more than Slafkovsky.

Don't sleep on players like Molnar, Petrovsky, Zlnka..they dominate in U18 national program. Molnar will get top6 IT in Nitra next season, but will he be that good to sneak into top6 for WJC? (not suitable in bottom6)

james12

Mar 31, 2018
Defensman?

Surely will work against USA, Canada or Finland...wtf..Modern hockey is 5 to attack and 5 to defend at high speed and if you have 3 best forwards with either defensive absences (Dvorsky) or poor discipline getting back (Chromiak) in one line, your system will crash sooner or later.

Reactions: kudla and hellwar9

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
Surely will work against USA, Canada or Finland...wtf..Modern hockey is 5 to attack and 5 to defend at high speed and if you have 3 best forwards with either defensive absences (Dvorsky) or poor discipline getting back (Chromiak) in one line, your system will crash sooner or later.
I think Martin will be better defensively next year. Playing with men will help him.

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
Slafkovsky can also defend. He is a really universal player. But I agree with the statement that modern hockey is 5 to attack and 5 to defend at high speed. Our coaches know this and have been trying to promote it for the last 2 years in all age categories. We still don't have many centers to choose from. At the moment I see it on Myklukha, Dvorsky, Geci and Michalik. Kaslik could be moved to wing. Petrovsky is a dark horse for me. Although he performs very well in the lower tier league, the better player in the U18 project team probably didn't play, but it will be important where he goes next season and whether he will move to an even higher level.

Reactions: james12

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020

In the last world championship, the team had 4 u18 (3 u17), 10 u19 and 11 u20. I don't see any nonsense if it's 6-8 u18 players because they are very talented, 5-6 u19 and the rest u20. In my opinion, I should take a more talented team and give these young people international experience so that in the coming years they will dominate.
I believe that Nemec, Slafkovsky, Mesar, Elias, Petrovsky, Dvorsky and maybe Molnar, Ciernik and Strbak can make the team.

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
We´re going to win the whole tournament. :D Maan, it should be such a good roster.

I think the idea is not so much to win matches, but to develop talent. Still, I think the team even young is talented enough to finish in the top 8. And who knows, in 2023 or 2024, there will be a chance of medal.

Reactions: stastny12

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Chromiak - Myklukha- Slafkovsky (Scoring)
Mesar - Dvorsky - Faith (Scoring)
Kolenic - Kaslik - Jedlicka (Shut down)
Petrovsky - Michalik - Baco (Both)
Geci

Knazko - Becar
Nemec - Stacha
Petrovicky - Groch
Jombik

Latkoczy
Marinov
Elias

Reactions: JotAlan

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
Geci

Knazko - Becar
Nemec - Stacha
Petrovicky - Groch
Jombik

Latkoczy
Marinov
Elias

I would go from:

Chromiak - Myklukha- Slafkovsky
Mesar - Dvorsky - Faith
Kolenic - Kaslik - Jedlicka
Petrovsky - Michalik - Baco
Molnar

Knazko - S. Nemec
Stacha - Becar
Zubak - Petrovicky
Groch

Latkoczy
Beke
Elias

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
Geci

Knazko - Becar
Nemec - Stacha
Petrovicky - Groch
Jombik

Latkoczy
Marinov
Elias
This is not that unrealistic, add Krajc and it might be bang on.

you guys are forgetting ciernek
He is not good enough yet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad