WJC: 2022 Team Slovakia roster talk

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
What a gongshow this team has become.

Ciernik didn't make the team as he would not be granted an entry to Canada. You have to question kid's intelligence not to get vaccinated.

Krajc and Lasak decided to leave the team's camp before the final nomination by themselves.

Elias is also out because of an illness.

Final nomination:

F
Roman Faith
Jakub Demek
Oleksij Myklucha
Oliver Stümpel
Martin Mišiak
Matej Kašlík
Samuel Honzek
Maroš Jedlička
Jakub Kolenič
Libor Nemec
Michael Laurenčík
Dalibor Dvorský
Servác Petrovský
Ľubomír Kupčo
Peter Repčík
Adam Sýkora

D
Boris Žabka
Jozef Viliam Kmec
Dávid Nátny
Adam Stripai
Denis Bakala
Šimon Bečár
Rayen Petrovický
Šimon Groch
Maxim Štrbák

G
Šimon Latkóczy
Patrik Andrisík
Tomáš Boľo
:help:
Laurencik is actually a dman, elite prospects has it wrong. That just shows how bottom of the barrel along Slovak players we are scraping here…

I question your intelligence he has right to not to get vaccinated
Yeah he does, it also cost him an opportunity to play a prominent role on this Slovak roster in front of NHL scouts, and In December will cost him his spot for that tournament as well.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Ciernik didn't make the team as he would not be granted an entry to Canada. You have to question kid's intelligence not to get vaccinated.

Krajc and Lasak decided to leave the team's camp before the final nomination by themselves.

Didnt they know it before? More question are going to Lasak and Krajc. Why did they leave the team? Whats wrong?

Conspiracy Theorist

Jan 30, 2016
What a gongshow this team has become.

Elias is also out because of an illness.

Final nomination:

F
Roman Faith
Jakub Demek
Oleksij Myklucha
Oliver Stümpel
Martin Mišiak
Matej Kašlík
Samuel Honzek
Maroš Jedlička
Jakub Kolenič
Libor Nemec
Michael Laurenčík
Dalibor Dvorský
Servác Petrovský
Ľubomír Kupčo
Peter Repčík
Adam Sýkora

D
Boris Žabka
Jozef Viliam Kmec
Dávid Nátny
Adam Stripai
Denis Bakala
Šimon Bečár
Rayen Petrovický
Šimon Groch
Maxim Štrbák

G
Šimon Latkóczy
Patrik Andrisík
Tomáš Boľo
:help:
I wouldn't take the poison shot either. Certainly not because wannabe dictator Trudeau said so.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Laurencik is actually a dman, elite prospects has it wrong. That just shows how bottom of the barrel along Slovak players we are scraping here…

Yeah he does, it also cost him an opportunity to play a prominent role on this Slovak roster in front of NHL scouts, and In December will cost him his spot for that tournament as well.
Seems to me the shame should be on the tournament organizers and the group think and not a healthy athlete sticking to his rights.

It's 2022. Not 2019.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Potential PP and PK:

Kaslik - Demek - Petrovsky
Petrovicky - Dvorsky

Sykora - Myklukha - Faith
Kmec - Jedlicka

Demek - Sykora
Petrovicky - Kmec

Petrovsky - Kolenic
Bakala - Groch

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
Well, the Latvia's win over Czechs means the end of Slovakia in the tournament, no QF. What a dogshit team it's been. Absolute shambles. That should be the end of Fenes as well. What a claun.

Dvorsky has been a major disappointment. One lousy goal against Latvia. No energy, no drive, no compete in his game. Just coasted out there. I would not waste a 1st pick on him let alone call him a top 10 prospect.

The good thing is we don't have to watch Latkoczy, Petrovicky or Faith in the national jersey ever again.

Reactions: Antiillafire

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Well, the Latvia's win over Czechs means the end of Slovakia in the tournament, no QF. What a dogshit team it's been. Absolute shambles. That should be the end of Fenes as well. What a claun.

Dvorsky has been a major disappointment. One lousy goal against Latvia. No energy, no drive, no compete in his game. Just coasted out there. I would not waste a 1st pick on him let alone call him a top 10 prospect.

The good thing is we don't have to watch Latkoczy, Petrovicky or Faith in the national jersey ever again.
Only players I liked were Libor Nemec, Sykora and Petrovsky. Kaslik was decent as well.

Groch, Zabka, Bakala, Stripai. Some of the worst U20 dman I’ve seen play in the last 15 years. Do they even teach these guys how to skate and pass?? Its amazing that Oliver Turan would look like a star next to these guys.

As for forwards, Faith useless, he must be a huge locker room guy because he can’t play hockey at all and somehow got assistant captain. Demek looked slow as hell, way worse than Ruzicka or Roman at 19. Jedlicka - did Zvolen illegally inflate his numbers? There’s no way this guy had 38 pts in 44 games.
Stümpel - no comment, self explanatory.
Dvorsky is good with the puck and has good iq but he plays way to slow and lacks intensity, he waits to much for plays to happen rather than make them himself. But I can’t be too hard on him, playing with Faith would make Mcdavid look bad.

The rest of the guys are young, I can’t be too hard on them but can blame coaching as their was basically zero game plan the entire tournament. Fenes makes zero in game adjustments and holds no players accountable. He might be a good U18 coach, but U20 is a different level and game.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland

Finn coming into peace.
You have full right to feel disappointed but seriously said what you can expect
when you're missing elite talent like Chromiac, Mesar, Slafkovsky and Nemec.

That Slovakia which got embarrassed 11-1 vs Canada and 9-3 vs Finland
was probably weakest and worst Slovakia what i have seen playing last 5-10 yrs.
It's great to see after Demitra, Satan, Stumpel, Palffy, Handzus, Chara, Hossa and Bondra era
Slovakia is once again started to produce elite NHL talent.

Don't be too hard for Dvorsky he was probably youngest player in entire tournament.
There are clear reasons why Dvorsky is ranked TOP5 in 2023 NHL draft
one bad U20 WJC's will not vanish or change that and his time to shine is U18 WJC's next spring.

And if you want examples how hard it is to play U20 WJC's when you're underage
look what Brad Lambert has done in Team Finland he's also scored 1 goal
but he's also got benched twice in this tournament so Dvorsky cannot be that bad.

I'm eagerly waiting that day when Finland and Slovakia plays gold medal game in IIHF worlds.
Maybe that could happen as soon as next year perhaps.

Last edited:

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Ok, lets take it as a preparation tournament for the real WCH U20 in December. :)

Defense was horrible. And i cant remember, how may lost and broken sticks i have seen in a game from Slovak players....

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
We knew that defense will be a problem but we did not expect it to be this big. In every game against favourites we literally gifted 3-5 goals, not mentioning our discipline in the last match.

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
It is really hard to judge this tournaments as there were obviously some objective reasons behind this terrible result. With all the key absences we had the youngest team in the tournament (18,56y comparing to oldest Finns 19,4y). Depth is our system is not good enough, so we just cannot replace guys like Nemec, Knazko, Slafkovsky, Mesar, Chromiak...
Yet, nobody expected such defensive disaster. I was hoping for some reaction from coaching team. Your D is heavily struggling with setting up the play, but they get no support. At least ask one of your forwards to backup and stay back unless the puck goes out of the zone.
Same with Finns PP yesterday, they played copy+paste and kept scoring goal by goal. Yet, we did not see any impact of coaching team.
Anyway, I am looking forward to regular WJC in December. My guess is, we will have both Nemec, Mesar in the team. Only Kaslik, Myklukha, Latkoczy will be really missed from this team.

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
Slovakia simply missed too many regular players,. A team like Finland has the best possible roster pretty much,

Rusty7550

Aug 11, 2018
Slovakia simply missed too many regular players,. A team like Finland has the best possible roster pretty much,
Yeah but still, we shouldn't play like this even if we sent U16 team. Before the tournament 2 players decided to leave this team, a lot of injuries, Alex Ciernik situation. There was definitely something wrong or maybe our players simply didn't wanted to play hockey in august. I don't know. The only positive thing is that we had once again very young team and a lot of players can play in December so it should be better, i hope.

Reactions: Hockeyfrilla

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Yeah we have almost all our TOP players in the team.
But one missing that's a goalie Joel Blomqvist who's TOP goalie 2002 born age group in Finland.
I see still us as a challengers in these U20 WJC's but if we are lucky and enough good
in elimination round games then we might have chance to win gold but Canada is always Canada so lets see.

Reactions: Hockeyfrilla

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
We knew that defense will be a problem but we did not expect it to be this big. In every game against favourites we literally gifted 3-5 goals, not mentioning our discipline in the last match.
Yesterday's game vs Finland Slovakia was really horrific i don't question that.
And what comes to those boneheaded penalties ( especially Sykora's 5+20 ) were absolutely brutal.

If coaching-staff cannot keep any discipline in the team then you have wrong coaching staff.
I don't know what a heck Slovakia's head coach were thinking when he thought that
over physicality and penalties will help Slovakia to win a game.

You cannot win international tournament if you sitting into penalty box most of the time in game.
There's smarter ways to win hockey games than taking idiotic penalties.

And sugar of the bottom was Adam Sykora.
What a hell he was thinking when he was kneeing Joakim Kemell.
That brainfart was enough dangerous to cause serious knee injury for a Kemell
which would've cost him rest of these U20 WJC's and possibly whole season in SM liiga.

Sykora will not get suspended now because Slovakia is out.
But in SM liiga that kneeing would've ended disciplinary investigation.

In SM liiga rulebook says that all 5+20 penalties goes to investigation
and if video referee sees suspension is needed then it is at least 5 games suspension immediately.
I truly hope that Sykora learns his lesson and next time he plays smarter.

When you're alternate captain and you have A in your jersey
that means you have to be a example for your teammates and lead your team with an example
but also it means that you cannot play like total idiot and do something
dangerous which can injure your opponent or have you ever seen leader player
like Barkov, McDavid, or Crosby taking boneheaded 5+20 penalties?.

I wish all the best for U20 Team Slovakia and come back stronger and better next U20 WJC's in December.

Rusty7550

Aug 11, 2018
Yesterday's game vs Finland Slovakia was really horrific i don't question that.
And what comes to those boneheaded penalties ( especially Sykora's 5+20 ) were absolutely brutal.

If coaching-staff cannot keep any discipline in the team then you have wrong coaching staff.
I don't know what a heck Slovakia's head coach were thinking when he thought that
over physicality and penalties will help Slovakia to win a game.

You cannot win international tournament if you sitting into penalty box most of the time in game.
There's smarter ways to win hockey games than taking idiotic penalties.

And sugar of the bottom was Adam Sykora.
What a hell he was thinking when he was kneeing Joakim Kemell.
That brainfart was enough dangerous to cause serious knee injury for a Kemell
which would've cost him rest of these U20 WJC's and possibly whole season in SM liiga.

Sykora will not get suspended now because Slovakia is out.
But in SM liiga that kneeing would've ended disciplinary investigation.

In SM liiga rulebook says that all 5+20 penalties goes to investigation
and if video referee sees suspension is needed then it is at least 5 games suspension immediately.
I truly hope that Sykora learns his lesson and next time he plays smarter.

When you're alternate captain and you have A in your jersey
that means you have to be a example for your teammates and lead your team with an example
but also it means that you cannot play like total idiot and do something
dangerous which can injure your opponent or have you ever seen leader player
like Barkov, McDavid, or Crosby taking boneheaded 5+20 penalties?.

I wish all the best for U20 Team Slovakia and come back stronger and better next U20 WJC's in December.
Honestly, I don't think Sykora wanted to do that on purpose. He's a good kid. You would have to be Matt Cooke level of psycho to try to destroys someone's knee on purpose. It almost seems like he wanted to play the puck but Kemell quickly changed direction. I don't know, it was weird. But Kemell is OK, that's important

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
I cannot even imagine any intention from Sykora. He is one of the best kids I have seen in hockey for years. Just a bad late decision, but it looked very dangerous. I am glad Kemell is OK.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Honestly, I don't think Sykora wanted to do that on purpose. He's a good kid. You would have to be Matt Cooke level of psycho to try to destroys someone's knee on purpose. It almost seems like he wanted to play the puck but Kemell quickly changed direction. I don't know, it was weird. But Kemell is OK, that's important
Of course one ejection from kneeing won't make Sykora Brad Marchand type rat player.
But knee hit is most dangerous hits in hockey and there's no room for those by any means.

You're right on that important is that Kemell is OK and he's able to play.
I'm sure Sykora knows damn well that he screwed up big time in that incident but that's it.
Sykora's has to learn his lessons on that and next time he needs to be smarter.

Reactions: Egresch

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Of course one ejection from kneeing won't make Sykora Brad Marchand type rat player.
But knee hit is most dangerous hits in hockey and there's no room for those by any means.

You're right on that important is that Kemell is OK and he's able to play.
I'm sure Sykora knows damn well that he screwed up big time in that incident but that's it.
Sykora's has to learn his lessons on that and next time he needs to be smarter.

Will Sykora receive a ban for one game on the next WCH U20?

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005

I feel like he's been the best Slovak goalie in a while. Hard to blame him for getting left out to dry by his mates. That fluke goal vs Latvia wasn't even really his fault.

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
I feel like he's been the best Slovak goalie in a while. Hard to blame him for getting left out to dry by his mates. That fluke goal vs Latvia wasn't even really his fault.
That fluke goal cost them the QF at the end of the day. I don't know who to blame for that goal if not him. He didn't track that shot well.
Also against Czechs he was rubbish, got janked against both Canada and Finland, let in a softie against Latvia.
Overall his game was far from anything to remember.

• Haha
Reactions: kudla

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
That fluke goal cost them the QF at the end of the day. I don't know who to blame for that goal if not him. He didn't track that shot well.
Also against Czechs he was rubbish, got janked against both Canada and Finland, let in a softie against Latvia.
Overall his game was far from anything to remember.
The puck was going wide and went off the inside of his pad lol. It was super unlucky. Sometimes there's no one to blame for a fluke goal.

The reason he was yanked against Canada and Finland was mercy.

I feel bad for Slovak fans - they did what they had to do in beating Latvia. It was their neighbors who let them down by deciding not to play the first 2 periods vs Latvia. Czechs are now paying for their lackadaisical effort, as they'll face a dominant US team in the QF instead of a very beatable Swedish team.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad