WJC: 2022 Team Russia roster talk

olgerd

Oct 19, 2021
What about Perevalov? I didn't see his name in this thread, but he has very good stats in the MHL. And he has already made his debut in the KHL.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Do you have an update for us? Is he a little bit closer now?
Yes, he had a 5 point night, well done to the kid. 6 points in 5 games is certainly much better than 1 in 4.

What about Perevalov? I didn't see his name in this thread, but he has very good stats in the MHL. And he has already made his debut in the KHL.
I don't think guys that play MHL-only have a chance. Even less so when they are 17. Maybe in a year when the team is starved for offense but it certainly doesn't apply to this one.

olgerd

Oct 19, 2021
Don't think guys that play MHL-only have a chance. Even less so when they are 17. Maybe in a year when the team is starved for offense but it certainly doesn't apply to this one.
Michkov can be called is MHL-only?

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
The question is how many underagers should be on the team?

No, he should be on the U18 team this season. There are more than enough top notch forwards there for the U20.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
It quickly changed, he might be amongst the leader for goals in the OHL come december
That just complicates things. In a good way. Every time I try to make up a forward roster off the top of my head I notcie I forget a whole bunch of players worthy of considering. There are simply so many this year.

olgerd

Oct 19, 2021
One month before the roster announcement. My opinion:

Chibrikov-Khusnutdinov-Michkov
Miroshnichenko-Ponomaryov-Gushchin
Poltapov-Svechkov-Yurov
Petrov-Ivantsov-Pashin
Guslistov

Mukhamadullin-Kuznetsov
Chayka-Kirsanov
Novikov-Koromyslov
Grudinin

Askarov
Ivanov

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
One month before the roster announcement. My opinion:

Chibrikov-Khusnutdinov-Michkov
Miroshnichenko-Ponomaryov-Gushchin
Poltapov-Svechkov-Yurov
Petrov-Ivantsov-Pashin
Guslistov

Mukhamadullin-Kuznetsov
Chayka-Kirsanov
Novikov-Koromyslov
Grudinin

Askarov
Ivanov

With Tankov playing great Khusnutdinov will probably play winger. Guslistov will play before Ponomarev and Svechkov, he's a KHL starter after all.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Yes, all those 17 year-olds definitely deserve a spot over the guy playing 18 minutes per night in the KHL. Apt, apt analysis.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
No matter what, I will be surprised if Russia won't win the gold. You just have the biggest depth. That group of forwards intimidate me more than Canada even if they have some big prospects as well.
The gold is Russias to lose ;)

Sweden will miss Raymond a lot even if they have some great D´s and talents like Lekkermäki etc.
The Finnish players and their development looks like... It has stagnated or something. Actually, some of them look like worse players today than one year ago. I hope I´m wrong though.

Your forwards... Miroshnichenko, Khusnutdinov, Michkov, Yurov, Pashin, Svechkov etc. Wow, will be exciting to follow your team as well.
Michkovs Zorro goal against Sweden, he has some killer instincts for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: BMann and Eye of Ra

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
So the final pre tournaments before the WJC are over and I will make a wishlist:

Chibrikov - Guslistov - Michkov
Khusnutdinov - Svechkov - Yurov
Miroshnichenko - Ponomaryov - Gushchin
Poltapov - Ivantsov - Pashin
Ovchinnikov

Mukhamadullin-Kirsanov
Chayka-Koromyslov
Novikov-Grudinin
Kuznetsov

Askarov
Ivanov
Guskov

Reactions: NatusVincere

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
So the final pre tournaments before the WJC are over and I will make a wishlist:

Ovchinnikov

Mukhamadullin-Kirsanov
Chayka-Koromyslov
Novikov-Grudinin
Kuznetsov

Askarov
Ivanov
Guskov

If they don't get gold I will be very disappointed. Tremendously talented and great depth as Svedu has said. Does Petrov make this or the u18 ?

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
If they don't get gold I will be very disappointed. Tremendously talented and great depth as Svedu has said. Does Petrov make this or the u18 ?
IMHO he should be on the U18 for now, just like some others(Perevalov)

hockey maniac

Sep 25, 2020

Ovchinnikov

Mukhamadullin-Kirsanov
Chayka-Koromyslov
Novikov-Grudinin
Kuznetsov

Askarov
Ivanov
Guskov
How about Tankov? He impressed me this year.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
A real promising roster, but I'm a little worried about the lack of size among forwards.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
How about Tankov? He impressed me this year.
Just as I say all the time, he has good numbers and in any other year he would probably make the team, but look, the guys who I put on the 4th line have better numbers in the same league. This is the year when not making the WJC roster does not necessarily mean the prospect won't become a good pro.

Brucelenok

Aug 9, 2016
In a long time, I gotta say Russia gotta be favorites coming this tournament. One of their deepest rosters in a long long time. Can't recall it to be that deep and talented in long time to be honest, top to bottom. I will be surprized if they get less than the silver.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Just as I say all the time, he has good numbers and in any other year he would probably make the team, but look, the guys who I put on the 4th line have better numbers in the same league. This is the year when not making the WJC roster does not necessarily mean the prospect won't become a good pro.

Tankov is way bigger and better skater, than Ivantsov. He does PK as well. He actually looked better, than Ivantsov at the tournament, he just was mostly one man army, as his wingers didn't look that great.

Ivantsov's role is playmaking top6 center, but he won't get this role at the WJC. Tankov can play bottom6 ok. Another important thing, Tankov can singlehandedly create scoring chances and goals, while Ivantsov can't.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad