WJC: 2022 Team Russia roster talk

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
There was to my suprise no thread about Russia so i will make one.

Im not a russian hockey prefessor but something like this perhaps?

Yurov-Khusnutdinov-Michkov
Miroshnichenko-Ponomaryov-Guslistov
Chibrikov-Svechkov -Pashin
Kisakov-Zlodeyev-Poltapov
Ovchinnikov

Mukhamadullin-Kuznetsov
Chayka-Kirsanov
Koromyslov-Kostenko
Lukasevich

Askarov
Guskov
Ivanov

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Chibrikov - Khusnutdinov - Michkov
Kisakov - Guslistov - Gushchin
Miroshnichenko - Svechkov - Yurov
Ponomaryov - Ovchinnikov - Pashin
Zlodeyev

Mukhamadullin - Kuznetsov
Chaika - Kirsanov
Lukashevich - Kostenko
Shumilov, Mintyukov, Koromyslov

Askarov
Guskov
Ivanov

The team actually looks very strong. Unlike the U18 team this one doesn't have any defense problems, and goalies should be good as well.

Forward group... yeah, they and Canadians should be on another level, than other teams. So I think everything will depend on coaching.

Reactions: NatusVincere

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Chibrikov - Khusnutdinov - Michkov
Kisakov - Guslistov - Gushchin
Miroshnichenko - Svechkov - Yurov
Ponomaryov - Ovchinnikov - Pashin
Zlodeyev

Mukhamadullin - Kuznetsov
Chaika - Kirsanov
Lukashevich - Kostenko
Shumilov, Mintyukov, Koromyslov

Askarov
Guskov
Ivanov

The team actually looks very strong. Unlike the U18 team this one doesn't have any defense problems, and goalies should be good as well.

Forward group... yeah, they and Canadians should be on another level, than other teams. So I think everything will depend on coaching.

Max Barbashev and Andrei Bakanov are a couple another names to keep track of .

Reactions: User9992

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
So majority of Team Russia U20 will play at Sochi Open, that starts tomorrow. I'm lazy to type the whole roster. Just wanna say, that all the major prospects are there. Including Yurov and Koromyslov, who are of 2022 draft. Michkov and Miroshnichenko are playing at Hlinka right now. The team will play against KHL clubs: SKA, Avangard, Avtomobilist, Traktor, Sochi. It's going to be an interesting competition.

Flynn84

Apr 27, 2006
So majority of Team Russia U20 will play at Sochi Open, that starts tomorrow. I'm lazy to type the whole roster. Just wanna say, that all the major prospects are there. Including Yurov and Koromyslov, who are of 2022 draft. Michkov and Miroshnichenko are playing at Hlinka right now. The team will play against KHL clubs: SKA, Avangard, Avtomobilist, Traktor, Sochi. It's going to be an interesting competition.
Goalkeepers: Yaroslav Askarov, Dmitry Nikolaev (both - SKA), Egor Guskov (Lokomotiv);

Defenders: Vladimir Grudinin, Nikolay Makarov (both - CSKA), Arseny Koromyslov, Kirill Kirsanov (both - SKA), Maxim Fedotov (Torpedo), Vasily Machulin (Dynamo M), Kirill Steklov (Vityaz), Timofey Davydov (Avangard), Yegor Savikov (Lada), Alexey Varennik (Siberia);

Forwards: Danil Gushchin (Muskegon Lamberjax), Daniil Aimurzin (Salavat Yulaev), Fedor Svechkov, Daniil Lazutin, Nikita Chibrikov, Marat Khusnutdinov (all - SKA), Ilya Fedotov (Torpedo), Kirill Bakanov (both - Sochi), Bogdan Trineev, Alexander Kisakov, Dmitry Zlodeev (all - Dynamo M), Danila Yurov (Metallurg Mg), Kirill Kondyrev (Vityaz), Nikita Guslistov (Severstal)

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Why no Ovchinnikov, Pashin, Ponomarev, I wonder.

They probably want a look at other players. Bakanov, Gushkin, Fedotov etc have not had as much National team experience recently and are less known to coaches.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Overall Russia looked better in the 1st, could score more, but let in a goal. 1-1. Avangard plays all its top players btw.
I would not say that. If I know, Hrubec, Yakupov, Sharipzyanov & Knight are not playing today.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

what are the odds of Dmitri Kostenko making the WJC's?

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Larionov said, Michkov and Miroshnichenko would play at U20 4 Nations Tournament in August in Czechia, he'd even already found a center for them. But they don't play on the same line at Hlinka.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Lost 3-2 to Sochi. Winning 2-0 in the 1st, but let in 2 goals in the last 5 min of the game and lost it. Chibrikov and Svechkov scored goals. 2nd for Chibrikov at the tournament.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Is Ovchinnikov going to get any consideration for this team?

It looks like he's injured, because he didn't play for his club as well. I'm pretty sure, it all depends on his play in the season. If he makes Sibir and plays in the KHL, he will play at WJC for sure. If not... well, he will have to blame himself. Sibir extended him recently, so he'll get his chances, no doubts about it.

Reactions: Lil Tuzzi Bert

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012
It looks like he's injured, because he didn't play for his club as well. I'm pretty sure, it all depends on his play in the season. If he makes Sibir and plays in the KHL, he will play at WJC for sure. If not... well, he will have to blame himself. Sibir extended him recently, so he'll get his chances, no doubts about it.
Any idea about kirill tankov ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad