GWT: 2022 Summer Friendlies

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
He’s still only 25. He could just be entering his prime now.
His hunger has to be maintained but also keeping his footy simple. He’s still playing for a contract so we will see.

Watching united against Rayo Garnacho looks really good. Easily the best player on the field today.

Reactions: Venkman

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
His hunger has to be maintained but also keeping his footy simple. He’s still playing for a contract so we will see.

Watching united against Rayo Garnacho looks really good. Easily the best player on the field today.
Needs to stay healthy and learn how to finish.

Garnacho is definitely on to keep an eye on. He is pretty close too.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Needs to stay healthy and learn how to finish.

Garnacho is definitely on to keep an eye on. He is pretty close too.
That too lots of proving to do and it’s only preseason but so far so good.

Pretty close?

I’m just thinking if he’s going to get substantial minutes he might have an outside chance at the WC

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
That too lots of proving to do and it’s only preseason but so far so good.

Pretty close?

I’m just thinking if he’s going to get substantial minutes he might have an outside chance at the WC
I would defer to one of the United fans here but I think he is probably still behind like Elanga so at best he is probably fourth choice; Behind him, Sancho and Rashford at best. There is definitely a path to minutes though; Ronnie leaving would wrong help him get in the 18 regularly.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I would defer to one of the United fans here but I think he is probably still behind like Elanga so at best he is probably fourth choice; Behind him, Sancho and Rashford at best. There is definitely a path to minutes though.
Ya then that’s probably not going to cut it.

Martinez flawless 60 mins. He should start but we shall see. He’s probably their best cb tbh

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
He had one goal last year in La Liga
And? Guy scored 12 goals in 26 L1 games as an 18 year old. He can score with both feet. When played on the wing, scoring is not his particular responsibility.
Guy can finish, no problem. Heck, he just scored 3 goals in 2 games.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
And? Guy scored 12 goals in 26 L1 games as an 18 year old. He can score with both feet. When played on the wing, scoring is not his particular responsibility.
Guy can finish, no problem. Heck, he just scored 3 goals in 2 games.
He’s basically a 1 in 5 goal scorer since going to Barca. That’s not great. Doesn’t mean he is a bad player, but 1 in 5 is underwhelming. Was about 1 in 5 for Dortmund too. That’s not great finishing

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

very young team and some guys that didn’t get minutes yesterday. Bajcetic (CDM) and Mabaya (RB) are the ones that have raised their stock significantly this summer

He hasn't been healthy in years. He's a very good finisher.
1 in 5 over the last 6 years doesn’t scream good finisher. But we will see

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Seems like Strasbourg went pretty strong today which is fine. I am a bit surprised Jones is not playing

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I'm not gonna watch the game but I get the feeling that Carvalho is literally a Coutinho regen and is going to bang in goals for us like it's nothing. Eerily similar when he has the ball. Very astute signing and I expect him to play really well this match as the main man.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I'm not gonna watch the game but I get the feeling that Carvalho is literally a Coutinho regen and is going to bang in goals for us like it's nothing. Eerily similar when he has the ball. Very astute signing and I expect him to play really well this match as the main man.
Can’t wait for him to be overrated and Barca drop 150 mill on him then.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Why are Liverpool playing two days in a row?
It is a good question.

From what many can see, Klopp thinks this season is going to be about having a really deep squad, especially with the 5 subs and condensed FA / cup schedule. So, he’s really out to try and get as many players match minutes as possible. They’ve also got a closed door friendly Wednesday with Villa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad