GWT: 2022 Summer Friendlies

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Arsenal plays Nurnberg today and I'm sure other friendlies are kicking off. Not sure I'll be able to watch but here we go

Arsenal lining up in an interesting way:

Nketiah
Nelson - ESR - Pepe
Maitland-Niles - Lokonga
Tierney - Mari - R. Walters - Bellerin
Turner​

You'd think that Nelson, AMN, Mari, and Bellerin are all in the sales window. Walters is the only real youth player, although Balogun, Marquinhos, Salah Oulad M'Hand, Patino, and Sousa are all on the bench (so is Okonkwo, who could be the second half netminder). Second half I would guess we see:

Jesus
Martinelli - (Balogun?) - Marquinhos
Elneny - Patino
Sousa - Gabriel - Walters - Cedric
Okonkwo/Runarsson​

Last edited:

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
Jesus scores immediately.

So much garbage left on this team though.

Elneny ties it with a proper strike from outrange!

Jesus again! What a turnaround when we have actually players on the field.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
So much garbage left on this team though.

Elneny ties it with a proper strike from outrange!

Jesus again! What a turnaround when we have actually players on the field.
What a turnaround when y’all are playing mid table 2. Bundesliga teams

Reactions: HeHateMeFrisbee

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
What a turnaround when y’all are playing mid table 2. Bundesliga teams

I know it’s preseason and everything but i don’t care about that now. It’s just fun to see the difference between the good players and the bad players on our team. Nothing less.

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
Defense isn't setting things on fire it would appear, but Jesus seems to be fitting in

It’s almost none ordinary in the defense so wouldn’t expect anything great there. Jesus is lethal in the box. Always in the right spot. That ability isn’t depending on the opposition. He just have it.

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
Disrespectful by Klopp not fielding a stronger team here. It’s a rival and he should see it that way and not as a random friendly.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Utd playing their A Team. LFC playing their C minus team. Klopp has already used 21 players. It’s a run out for them. Good for Utd though.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
You were saying?
Yeah I’m saying. Klopp is giving three different groups like 30 minutes each. It’s a run out. LFC started two u19 defenders, one of which is really a midfielder and made mistakes on the first two goals. Third goal was a mistake by the 6th string CB. Utd haven’t had to do a lot of work exactly. All their assists have come from young LFC defenders that Klopp wanted to check out. That’s was preseason is for though

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Yeah I’m saying. Klopp is giving three different groups like 30 minutes each. It’s a run out. LFC started two u19 defenders, one of which is really a midfielder and made mistakes on the first two goals. Third goal was a mistake by the 6th string CB. Utd haven’t had to do a lot of work exactly. All their assists have come from young LFC defenders that Klopp wanted to check out. That’s was preseason is for though
I was referring to Liverpool bringing their A team on. United meanwhile have a B or C squad on with the likes of Amad, Iqbal and Charlie Savage on.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I was referring to Liverpool bringing their A team on. United meanwhile have a B or C squad on with the likes of Amad, Iqbal and Charlie Savage on.
Yes that’s what preseason is for. LFC‘s A team is playing 30 minutes from 60ish to 90ish. Utd A team played the first half. Not really a big deal though just preseason. Don’t think either team is doing anything revolutionary here. Lineups speak for themselves. LFC using 32 players today.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I cannot imagine actually caring about the result of a pre-season game.

The only usefulness of them, especially the early games, is seeing how individual players are flowing. 4-0 or 0-4 does not matter at all.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It going to get to crazy about a friendly. Thought there were some positives despite the score line. Hit some posts today. Some bad finishing. Utd a week ahead of LFC in their preparation. These things happen in preseason. I thought Martial was very good today. him and Bailly definitely trying to impress ETH. Good for them. A couple of the LFC players flashed but still work needs to be done.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Nunez with the Mario Gomez "finish".

And I see Liverpool fans may have gotten more food for this type of stuff:

1657652238917.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad