GWT: 2022 Summer Friendlies

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Also even though it is preseason I like that Darwin could well have had three goals again. Ederson made a really good save but this guy just knows where to run to in order to get good chances. And finishes really well too.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Also even though it is preseason I like that Darwin could well have had three goals again. Ederson made a really good save but this guy just knows where to run to in order to get good chances. And finishes really well too.

How has his passing/link-up play looked? Always thought that was his main weakness.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
How has his passing/link-up play looked? Always thought that was his main weakness.
It’s nothing to write home about but LFC didn’t get Darwin for passing/link-up play. LFC got Darwin to pass the ball into the net. They are changing their style with him. If they need passing/linkup they will Bering Bobby on. Darwin isn’t going to be asked to do that. Darwin though has very good game intelligence and he is making good runs forward. Always running to get into the ball. It’s a good thing.

Reactions: JeffreyLFC

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Awful at first, great against Leipzig and City. Glad he didn’t go to any of our rivals cause we’d be screwed. Some of the potentially bad passing will be excused by how much he runs to win the ball back.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA

1659212637637.png

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Lyon (not qualified for Europe) with what is close to a starting lineup is playing away at Inter (Serie A runners up) with close to a starting lineup.
Score is 2-2 with Lyon hitting two posts.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
The best quality of Nunez is by far his movement. He is always trying to go to open space and run in behind defenders. He has so many chances every game because of that movement and acceleration. He will miss many chances but he will also score a ton. He is so different than any other forward we got under Klopp. He is not there to create space for Salah or Diaz like Firmino, he is there to score goals and move behind the defense to get feed by our mid, fullback and Salah/Diaz.

Reactions: booyakasha

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
The best quality of Nunez is by far his movement. He is always trying to go to open space and run in behind defenders. He has so many chances every game because of that movement and acceleration. He will miss many chances but he will also score a ton. He is so different than any other forward we got under Klopp. He is not there to create space for Salah or Diaz like Firmino, he is there to score goals and move behind the defense to get feed by our mid, fullback and Salah/Diaz.
agreed. very active.
also, IMO for a tall forward, he seems to chameleon his way around his markers without notice.
not sure whether it is deceit, or agility...but fun to watch non the less.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
agreed. very active.
also, IMO for a tall forward, he seems to chameleon his way around his markers without notice.
not sure whether it is deceit, or agility...but fun to watch non the less.
Both...there was a moment in the game he played against the US back in June where he ran past everyone on the field like he was Usain Bolt. And then at the end there was another where he just walked his way into a great position while nobody was paying attention.

He did the exact same thing in the preseason games against Leipzig numerous times. He also did it against Liverpool numerous times in the CL and honestly I thought he was better against van Dijk than almost anyone else has been. But that one dude posted a video of him missing a chance in Thailand or whatever. Lol.

Reactions: booyakasha

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Dest doesn’t seem to have a spot here. It would be better for all parties including his NT if he were to leave

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
Lyon (not qualified for Europe) with what is close to a starting lineup is playing away at Inter (Serie A runners up) with close to a starting lineup.
Score is 2-2 with Lyon hitting two posts.

Yeah and Rennes were beaten by Aston Villa.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah I loved the part where he lost the ball at the end.
Haha that's the part you're seeing in this extract :biglaugh:
Some people have a hard time admitting they are plain wrong about a player.
Dumbele, low IQ player, donkey, etc etc etc... Yup yup.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Did you miss the part where I called him our best player last year and was happy for him to stay if he keeps it up? The frustrating part with him is that a lot of his chances end up like that, with him losing the ball, and there's where the low IQ comes in. However, Lewandowski should have scored there and then we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
And the high IQ comes from getting into those situations out of nothing because he anticipates so well what the defensemen do.
On the goal he scored yesterday he started the whole thing and eliminated 4 players from the play on one move and then after that rather than stand there he moves into a freed channel and provides a solution for the ball handler.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Zero complaints on how Dembouz played yesterday and in preseason in general. As far as I'm concerned he's been a gem. Game changer if he can maintain this form. I won't hold my breath as their are options on the bench to cover for him. But I',m loving what i\m seeing.

Reactions: Evilo

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Zero complaints on how Dembouz played yesterday and in preseason in general. As far as I'm concerned he's been a gem. Game changer if he can maintain this form. I won't hold my breath as their are options on the bench to cover for him. But I',m loving what i\m seeing.
Can't think of many players as electrifying.
He’s still only 25. He could just be entering his prime now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad