GWT: 2022 Summer Friendlies

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
I would defer to one of the United fans here but I think he is probably still behind like Elanga so at best he is probably fourth choice; Behind him, Sancho and Rashford at best. There is definitely a path to minutes though; Ronnie leaving would wrong help him get in the 18 regularly.

Yeah I'd say Elanga is ahead going into this season. Garnacho went on tour but didn't play any minutes whereas Elanga played in every game.

Garnacho's performance against Rayo was better than anything Elanga has shown in preseason so it could change.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Yeah I'd say Elanga is ahead going into this season. Garnacho went on tour but didn't play any minutes whereas Elanga played in every game.

Garnacho's performance against Rayo was better than anything Elanga has shown in preseason so it could change.
I think Garnacho was played reservedly on the tour due to his recovery/rest from the junior tournament. I recall seeing something like that when the squad was picked.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Balde starts as LB for Barcelona against Pumas, for whom Dani Alves plays now.

Edit: And Lewa scores from an acute angle after 2 mins. And then in the next attack provides a sneaky pass for Pedri to finish the 2nd at 4 mins.

Last edited:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Cheers for Xavi and Pedri. Sounded like a mixed reaction for De Jong, though largely positive. Whistles for Braithwaite. Then there was all this:

Absolute legend. Were it down to me he'd still be in the team. 😢

Reactions: luiginb

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
2nd line-up keeps it going at the start of 2nd half: Aubameyang from a Kessie pass.

The most important thing I've taken from this match so far, is what playmaking target man Lewandowski has been. Great set ups for the youngsters, who are willing runners.

Reactions: les Habs

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
The most important thing I've taken from this match so far, is what playmaking target man Lewandowski has been. Great set ups for the youngsters, who are willing runners.

Yeah, I thought he linked up well and of course a very nice finish on his goal.

I said it after one of the US tour matches, but I think we’d miss Frenkie. Some excellent stuff from him in the second half including his goal where he stole the ball and did it all on his own. Hopefully the club gets rid of the dead wood (f*** Pjanic) and can come to an agreement with him. IMO in a full strength XI he’s still a starter.

Anyway, it was Pumas, but a really good display and the competition for places is really having an effect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad