GDT: 2022 STANLEY CUP discussion thread Part 9. Final. Tampa Bay Lightning 3 (0) vs Colorado Avalanche 4 (1)

Pick your winner here

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Lol its 100% the same thing for me bud
I dont like him as a person, but one of my favorite players, especially to watch, he's a hell of a talent the f***in prick
His PP halfcocked pass to the bumper is one of my favorite passes, so smooth
He's just so deceptive with the puck. I never know what he's going to do. And his passing is unreal.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Well, in 2020, TB lost the 1st game of the series to Dallas then won the next 3 games. Vasilevsky had to be a lot better than Kuemper in this one, as Colorado was able to create more dangerous chances overall.

Would like to see Kadri get back in the lineup. Colorado will need him.

Reactions: Cournoyer12

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
What the hell happened to Ron Maclean? I mean he used to bring some levity but he’s really reaching for material. And it comes in at the most awkward times now.

“Hey guys did you know that on this day in 1739 they invented air? Boy we sure do breathe a lot of it now don’t we? Also, it’s a good thing we invented the wheel.

Back to you Kelly…”

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
What the hell happened to Ron Maclean? I mean he used to bring some levity but he’s really reaching for material. And it comes in at the most awkward times now.

“Hey guys did you know that on this day in 1739 they invented air? Boy we sure do breathe a lot of it now don’t we? Also, it’s a good thing we invented the wheel.

Back to you Kelly…”
He’s way past his due date, makes me really miss Dave Hodge!

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
663f60d4-ce28-4b39-98ec-24c19f8a6c49.gif

Reactions: Habano

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
He looks finished.

Bergevin would definitely sign him if possible, this is a good test for Hughes
Killorn is a better and smarter version of Josh Anderson.

The age profile doesn’t match the Habs’ needs but I’d rather Killer than Anderson any day of the week. He was a monster last playoffs.

Justsayin

Jul 2, 2019
Killorn is a better and smarter version of Josh Anderson.

The age profile doesn’t match the Habs’ needs but I’d rather Killer than Anderson any day of the week. He was a monster last playoffs.
I'm not disagreeing, but I wonder how good Anderson would look playing for a great team rather than a horrible team. It's amazing how much better some of our recent departures have looked for their new teams.

Reactions: themilosh

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
I'm not disagreeing, but I wonder how good Anderson would look playing for a great team rather than a horrible team. It's amazing how much better some of our recent departures have looked for their new teams.
Maybe Anderson can play better or look better with better teammates but he is a one trick powerhorse who doesn’t make plays of his own and it’s gotten stale already. It’s not like he’s a Tom Wilson type either.

If he has excessive trade value id kick the can on that. Due to his bad stinky production numbers, no matter his heaving size, he is cap inefficient.

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
Well, in 2020, TB lost the 1st game of the series to Dallas then won the next 3 games. Vasilevsky had to be a lot better than Kuemper in this one, as Colorado was able to create more dangerous chances overall.

Would like to see Kadri get back in the lineup. Colorado will need him.
2020 Dallas isn't anywhere near 2022 Colorado though

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
The pace of last nights game was borderline breakneck. Figure the Bolts will find something to slow it down a bit, seems that the Avs are just a bit quicker. However regardless of the tempo Tampa still has a large advantage in nets. Vasi was not perfect last night but Kuemper was not severely tested that often. He also gave up a softie last night, maybe rust but I expect Francois to make an appearance in this series.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I know. I'm just saying, it's not like they've never lost game 1 before.

Tampa is a great team but their Final opposition has never been Avs level.
Heck, we were in the Finals last year...We were the weakest regular season team to make the POs and over an 82 game - regular division season, we probably don't even make the POs.
Dallas was a good team but again, nowhere near Avs level.
The speed and skill of this current Avs team is just nuts. The question is who will tire out first, Tampa's defense or Colorado's forwards.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
The pace of last nights game was borderline breakneck. Figure the Bolts will find something to slow it down a bit, seems that the Avs are just a bit quicker. However regardless of the tempo Tampa still has a large advantage in nets. Vasi was not perfect last night but Kuemper was not severely tested that often. He also gave up a softie last night, maybe rust but I expect Francois to make an appearance in this series.

What you saw is a typical night for Avs.
As much as people say Tampa's got the experience, they won't let a 1-3 lead by opposition destabilize them, same is true of Avs. They've had Teams crawl back out of holes because of their average goaltending but they always kept battling through it.

They showed a stat on TV of Vasi vs Western teams and I believe his Sv% is under .900 in the 5 (now 6 games) he's played against Colorado.
Good luck competing vs Colorado in a showdown.

Colorado so far in these POs average more than 1.5 gpg more than Tampa, yet they only allow .37 more goals...
That's is significant edge to Colorado.
Of course stats are always subject to change, but not this Avs team is serious biz.

Reactions: Cournoyer12

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
I said this a few months ago, but they did try to kick Ron Maclean out and replace him with Strombo....Maclean just riding on having his familiar features and voice on air these days...
I really didn’t mind Strombo, seemed like a likeable fella !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad