Red Sox/MLB 2022 Regular Season V- RED SOX 5-6 IN AUGUST (56-58) - Chris Sale breaks wrist riding a bike

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Field of Dreams and the annual event created by the 1989 movie, likely has seen its final edition after tomorrow's game between Cincinnati/Chicago Cubs:

Fox MLB Analyst and co-owner of the site Frank Thomas saying other construction precludes them from playing this event in 2023;

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Nothing stopping you from becoming one!

I walked you through the Sox pitching situations and why they signed Paxton. You choose to ignore it.

The problem is that Paxton, like Sale, is made of glass and hasn't made the recovery timetable everyone thought he would by this point. Furthermore, if the Sox continue to down slide there's no reason to bring him in now. Paxton and Hill have been big misses by Bloom in terms of pitching, which is a shame because I actually liked the Paxton signing, with the only big hit the Sox have gotten pitching wise was Michael Wacha who has seen his career finally get back on track.

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
The problem is that Paxton, like Sale, is made of glass and hasn't made the recovery timetable everyone thought he would by this point. Furthermore, if the Sox continue to down slide there's no reason to bring him in now.
The reason to bring Paxton back this year is to get a look at him before they have to make a decision on his two-year option this winter.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Bogaerts is starting to find the level his predictive stats say he should be at. And they both continue to not drive guys in

It’s coaching malpractice to have Bogaerts hit after Devers at this point

Bogaerts & Martinez the only players in the lineup last night to go hitless. Combined 0 for 8.

Reactions: CDJ

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Sigh...

I will never forgive them for what they did to him.
Of all the blunders Werner has made over the years, his handling of Orsillo is the worst IMO. It's not just the decision to keep O'Brien over him, it's announcing it in the middle of a season and making him finish out the year as a lame duck, forcing him to go on vacation in the middle of the previous year, not letting him be part of the Remy tribute, etc. Something really weird is around it, I don't know what the deal is, whether Werner just didn't like the guy or what, but it was horrible.

Dave O'Brien has a great voice and was a good radio announcer, but lacks the chemistry with color analysts to work on TV. NESN needs to revamp the broadcast next year and give Monaco the full-time gig. If they let him walk to some other team that needs a PBP announcer I'll never forgive them.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Of all the blunders Werner has made over the years, his handling of Orsillo is the worst IMO. It's not just the decision to keep O'Brien over him, it's announcing it in the middle of a season and making him finish out the year as a lame duck, forcing him to go on vacation in the middle of the previous year, not letting him be part of the Remy tribute, etc. Something really weird is around it, I don't know what the deal is, whether Werner just didn't like the guy or what, but it was horrible.

Dave O'Brien has a great voice and was a good radio announcer, but lacks the chemistry with color analysts to work on TV. NESN needs to revamp the broadcast next year and give Monaco the full-time gig. If they let him walk to some other team that needs a PBP announcer I'll never forgive them.
the problem is.... isn't Worcester a part of the market now since the relocation from Pawtucket.... Portland doesn't get mentioned or broadcasted regionally anymore either since the focus has been on Worcester the last 2 years.... pray Worcester doesn't go the way of Providence and those prospect games go away..... what ever happened to those futures of Fenway games..... especially since Salem and Greenville are out of region.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007

I don't think the Remy tribute was all on the Red Sox. Orsillo didn't cover himself in glory either. Frankly, Orsillo seems like a narcissist to me. With that said, O'Brien adds zero entertainment value to the broadcast. And now we're losing Eck? Brutal.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I don't think the Remy tribute was all on the Red Sox. Orsillo didn't cover himself in glory either. Frankly, Orsillo seems like a narcissist to me. With that said, O'Brien adds zero entertainment value to the broadcast. And now we're losing Eck? Brutal.

Don was guilty in the whole Remy tribute fiasco too. I still don't know why he wouldn't ask San Diego for the day off to be there in person if it meant so much to him.

Eck has carried the broadcast the last few years, and when he's gone it's bland. Him leaving is the perfect chance to just overhaul everything. Monaco/Middlebrooks or I riot.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Don was guilty in the whole Remy tribute fiasco too. I still don't know why he wouldn't ask San Diego for the day off to be there in person if it meant so much to him.

Eck has carried the broadcast the last few years, and when he's gone it's bland. Him leaving is the perfect chance to just overhaul everything. Monaco/Middlebrooks or I riot.
that may have been Bally Sports San Diego, as well

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
A name to keep in mind:

I am happy about that but still 18 though. This team desperately needs some help sooner rather than later.

One of the things I will never forget was the uproar over trading Anderson Espinoza for Drew Pomeranz. I thought Espinoza might be done with baseball by now since he seemed to have disappeared but it looks like he has actually made it to the majors this year. Interesting numbers in limited time. 14 Ks in just 12.2 innings but also 11 walks. Only given up 6 hits. Good for him for overcoming some early adversity in his career. Hope he sticks.

Reactions: McGarnagle

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I am happy about that but still 18 though. This team desperately needs some help sooner rather than later.

One of the things I will never forget was the uproar over trading Anderson Espinoza for Drew Pomeranz. I thought Espinoza might be done with baseball by now since he seemed to have disappeared but it looks like he has actually made it to the majors this year. Interesting numbers in limited time. 14 Ks in just 12.2 innings but also 11 walks. Only given up 6 hits. Good for him for overcoming some early adversity in his career. Hope he sticks.

Pomeranz has had one of the weirdest careers of any pitcher. his numbers are bad on average but it's a case of when he's good he's pretty good, but when he's bad he has complete meltdowns. His ERA was in the 6s but it's because he'd have three scoreless appearances and then give up 4 runs in a third of an inning the next time out. And he wasn't that bad in the second half of the 2018 season after returning from the DL all things considered. I love how Alex Cora put him on the World Series roster but didn't use him for a single pitch of the series despite game 3 going like 21 innings and Eduardo Rodriguez starting game 4 on zero days' rest.

Then somehow he went to Milwaukee and SD and became a shutdown reliever. Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad