Patriots/NFL 2022 Regular Season Part 2: 7-8 week 17 vs. Dolphins

Status
Not open for further replies.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I don't have any stats in front of me but I thought Bedard said they never really did a lot of the zone stretch runs in regular season games Mac did play in. So maybe the biggest difference will be the OL has simply gotten better from where it was early on minus Wynn of course.

The longer Zappe plays well, the less patience fans will have for Mac if he falters. That's probably the biggest thing to watch in all this. Does Mac have that psycho in him that it's his job and he's determined to put Zappe back in his place on the bench? I hope he does. Will he crumble under the pressure?
The 50/50 balls, no play action, which is Mac’s bread n butter.

Reactions: CDJ

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
Yeah that’s fair I agree because I don’t think the gap between them is massive, if you’re winning ride it out. I just don’t think that’ll happen when you start playing real teams, Mac gives you a better shot to win running this current offense not the one he got killed in.

Just people wanting to ship Mac outta town after 2 starts from the 3rd stringer is silly.

grandma, are you seeing the Mac Jones second year irreversible decline?

Decline1.jpg

grandma say 'I see two elite young QB talents drafted in consecutive years. Zappe sees the short field well and can run a short-gain offence, but Thornton was wide open downfield and behind the defence on several occasions and Zappe didn't throw the ball because he doesn't have the arm strength to cut loose. Jones has the better pedigree and is the better player. Jones is a better ball-handler in the backfield; better at faking, better at hiding the football. Jones is quite capable of throwing the deep ball which he proved time and again at Alabama. I see Jones taking back over with a vengeance once inserted. But Zyzz will make excellent backup until he demands trade and then they trade him for a high second-rounder and third the following year.'

Sign me up.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I can't find the Doug Kyed report but Mac Jones brokering his return/playing style with the Patriots? Who the bleep is Mac Jones again?

A mistake Ben? A mistake is a typo, an incorrect spelling. This was deliberate and you got caught.

No idea if it was a deliberate attempt to do damage or if it's just stupidity.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
I can't find the Doug Kyed report but Mac Jones brokering his return/playing style with the Patriots? Who the bleep is Mac Jones again?

No idea if it was a deliberate attempt to do damage or if it's just stupidity.
How long has he been doing this to know to vet sources first? It was deliberate and he got caught. Which makes you wonder how many times he has done it before and how many going forward.

Reactions: LSCII

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I don't know how Volin keeps his job through this. It calls into question every source he's ever used. Keeping him just tells you The Globe already knows his credibility is nonexistent.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I don't know how Volin keeps his job through this. It calls into question every source he's ever used. Keeping him just tells you The Globe already knows his credibility is nonexistent.
Ha it's not like this is the first rodeo for the Globe when it comes to stuff like this!

Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Ha it's not like this is the first rodeo for the Globe when it comes to stuff like this!

I said at the time that even if Cullen was cleared on a technicality (what he wrote wasn't technically wrong, just woefully---and I think intentionally---misleading to anyone using common sense) the Globe needed to fire him. Doubt they'll do the smart thing now, and for the same reason, a technicality. This didn't happen in the Globe's coverage, so they'll say it is outside their purview. But that shouldn't matter because it's hurting the Globe's credibility when one of their reporters got caught employing zero journalistic integrity.

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
How long has he been doing this to know to vet sources first? It was deliberate and he got caught. Which makes you wonder how many times he has done it before and how many going forward.
Even if not deliberate, it's at BEST, impossibly lazy and professional malpractice.

I guess my journalism degree is old-fashioned, but the very first thing they taught us was "make sure you know you're telling the truth." The second thing we learned was that's because "whatever outlet you work for isn't interested in having to issue a retraction or worse." The third thing was "and you'll be out of a job and unemployable in the profession."

As in many fields, it would appear standards are substantially *different* than previous incarnations.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
It’s hardly surprising coming from Volin, guy has a literal turnip for a brain. Boston media market seems shockingly forgiving towards this kind of malpractice. Volin isn’t the first to be excused and he certainly won’t be the last

Sad, but it is what it is. I don’t pay attention to sports media anymore. It’s worthless imo.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Who does Brady pick next year the 49ers or Dolphins?

Does he go home or go to the city where his kids and wife/ex wife are?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad