Patriots/NFL 2022 Regular Season Part 2: 7-8 week 17 vs. Dolphins

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
Barnicle, Cullen, and Volin is quite the trinity of lying/gullible writers that one paper could have over the course of their history. Didn't Borges used to work at the Globe? I know he was at the Herald at the time, but he got duped by a K&C fan pretending to be Don Yee just a few years ago.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Hopefully Jones can join Snyder on his way out the door.

Snyder supported an overtly racist team name for a decade and has been a stain on the league for 20 years he couldn't even build a safe stadium they would be moved back to RFK if it were still standing. Jones is a primadonna owner who messed up a dynasty he had little to no part in creating and doesn't have a team within 1000 miles of him *Texans don't count I'm talking historically* and still sucks. Auction them off to the highest bidder too.

Scumbags.

Bobby Kraft just drafted the best 2 QBs in both the 2021 and 2022 drafts. We need to rip someone off for a Russ Wilson haul for Jones.

Same Bobby Kraft who wants to extend Goodell? Same Goodell who has overlooked how many NFL disasters? Did u read the article?

Lets take off the Patriots tinted glasses for a sec.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
We all know this ends with the Chargers cutting him to get out of the contract then him signing in New England for league minimum and becoming an all-pro again

Has this actually happened here? I have only heard a little about the JC Jackson struggles but I thought it was him struggling in zone/the Charges scheme. Brandon Staley is an absolute moron of a coach so who really knows what is going on there. But hey, certainly not Bill's problem the Chargers have no idea how to use him.

Bobby Kraft just drafted the best 2 QBs in both the 2021 and 2022 drafts. We need to rip someone off for a Russ Wilson haul for Jones.
I mean can we please stop with this. Lawrence has been far better than Mac this year. Let's not pretend like it's a done deal that Mac Jones is better than Trevor Lawrence. And you want to declare that Zappe is already better than Pickett? The Patriots are just a better team than the Steelers. I can't believe I am saying this but we probably beat the Lions and Bears with Kenny Pickett too. That's a compliment for Bill, Patricia and Judge.

Reactions: Tonysil

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Nobody is talking about how f***ing fantastic Cole Strange has been. He's been elite. Now maybe the pick was a reach, but he's lived up to expectations so far.
Agreed

And I’m of the opinion that it’s not a reach if he’s playing this well- not his fault the draft “experts” clearly missed on his eval

Reactions: Mione134

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I still don’t understand some fans complete flip on Mac Jones for Zappe after 2 starts against pretty shit defenses in a more favorable team situation

Neither are amazing but I just don’t get what they’re seeing, he was pretty good last year, he turned to shit over the summer?
They also seem to be of the opinion we didn’t change the offense at all when Zappe came in

Play calling became far more conservative and there’s WAY more play action from under center. Mac had great numbers in those situations this year iirc, they just rarely used it for him

Tbh his injury forced Patricia to simplify and that seems to be the secret to this offense- don’t do anything dumb and put the defense in good situations

I’m personally happy the pats have 2 young QB’s I’m comfy with them starting atm. But it’s Mac’s team unless he regresses in a big way. I just wouldn’t play him until that ankle poses minimal risk of being reinjured

Reactions: The National

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I still don’t understand some fans complete flip on Mac Jones for Zappe after 2 starts against pretty shit defenses in a more favorable team situation

Neither are amazing but I just don’t get what they’re seeing, he was pretty good last year, he turned to shit over the summer?
Mac Jones has been one of the worst QBs in football this year. Might not be all his fault and it's a small sample but that's the answer. If Zappe has a game against the Bears like he did against the Browns I would have no issue if he remained the starter. I don't view that as flipping on Jones. He could win the job back at any moment.

Reactions: nORRis8

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Volin is forever the dumbest motherf***er in the game

It's crazy that he's still here. I remember when he joined The Globe and it was clear that he hated the Patriots and looked at the job as a pit stop on his way to a national job. Clearly things haven't worked out the way he hoped.

Reactions: CDJ and Mione134

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Mac Jones has been one of the worst QBs in football this year. Might not be all his fault and it's a small sample but that's the answer. If Zappe has a game against the Bears like he did against the Browns I would have no issue if he remained the starter. I don't view that as flipping on Jones. He could win the job back at any moment.
If that’s the answer those people need to take a deeper look into why Mac is all of a sudden one of the worse QBs in the league, after being above average last year.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
If that’s the answer those people need to take a deeper look into why Mac is all of a sudden one of the worse QBs in the league, after being above average last year.
Fans don't. It's not up to them who plays QB. They just see a QB getting better with more playing time. I wouldn't bat an eye if Bill sticks with Zappe. As long as the team is winning and playing well I don't care if it's Mac or Zappe.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Fans don't. It's not up to them who plays QB. They just see a QB getting better with more playing time. I wouldn't bat an eye if Bill sticks with Zappe. As long as the team is winning and playing well I don't care if it's Mac or Zappe.
Yeah that’s fair I agree because I don’t think the gap between them is massive, if you’re winning ride it out. I just don’t think that’ll happen when you start playing real teams, Mac gives you a better shot to win running this current offense not the one he got killed in.

Just people wanting to ship Mac outta town after 2 starts from the 3rd stringer is silly.

Reactions: CDJ

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Yeah that’s fair I agree because I don’t think the gap between them is massive, if you’re winning ride it out. I just don’t think that’ll happen when you start playing real teams, Mac gives you a better shot to win running this current offense not the one he got killed in.

Just people wanting to ship Mac outta town after 2 starts from the 3rd stringer is silly.
Oh ya I am definitely not saying to trade Mac. This is setting up for some awkwardness if Zappe plays well again and then Mac takes over and struggles. The Gillette crowd will be interesting...

So if they're going back to Mac everyone better be on the same page with how the offense will be run. I hope even this short period of time has opened Mac's eyes that life in the NFL isn't guaranteed.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Oh ya I am definitely not saying to trade Mac. This is setting up for some awkwardness if Zappe plays well again and then Mac takes over and struggles. The Gillette crowd will be interesting...

So if they're going back to Mac everyone better be on the same page with how the offense will be run. I hope even this short period of time has opened Mac's eyes that life in the NFL isn't guaranteed.
Well yeah also a lot of his frustrations and doubts about the offense turned out to be true, it’s working a lot better the way they were running it last year. They’ve basically abandoned what was causing all the frustration in camp.

But he needs to fully buy back in and play calling needs to be in sync and not the shit they were calling the first few games with him.

Reactions: CDJ

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I don't have any stats in front of me but I thought Bedard said they never really did a lot of the zone stretch runs in regular season games Mac did play in. So maybe the biggest difference will be the OL has simply gotten better from where it was early on minus Wynn of course.

The longer Zappe plays well, the less patience fans will have for Mac if he falters. That's probably the biggest thing to watch in all this. Does Mac have that psycho in him that it's his job and he's determined to put Zappe back in his place on the bench? I hope he does. Will he crumble under the pressure?

Reactions: nORRis8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad