Red Sox/MLB 2022 REGULAR SEASON III - THE RED SOX 4-10 IN JULY (47-43)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I want to see the Sox get an ace that go toe to toe with McClanahan
This I can say is almost a certainly not to happen. In this era of baseball I guess I have learned to accept this. They aren't gonna trade for an ace. But they absolutely should be looking at 1B, OF and RP. That is not too much to ask. Still enough talent on this team to compete and not throw in the towel.

Reactions: KrejciMVP

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Nobody is expecting the Red Sox to win the WS every year. Nobody has ever said that. I do expect the Red Sox to be able to field an actual, competent first baseman for the first time in 3 years. I do expect them to not look like the bad news bears running the based and playing defense. I do expect them to do more than dumpster diving for relievers.

If fans can't express anger/frustration over the four game series we just witnessed and the overall incompetence within the division this year than I don't know what we're doing here. I don't want to be a Rays fan where nobody actually cares about the day to day results. I am a Red Sox fan.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I love that Sox fans haven’t learned their lesson about trading major prospect capital for relief pitching. It’s only failed about a thousand straight times dating back to like Gagne. Gagne, Hanrahan, Melancon, Thornburg, Bailey. Hell you can even say Addison Reed and Craig Kimbrel underwhelmed (aside from the one great Kimbrel year). What’s the definition of insanity again? Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results?

95% of relievers are volatile. It’s smart to throw a bunch of stuff at the wall and see what sticks. That’s how they have one of the best relievers in baseball right now in Schreiber.

The bullpen isn’t really a problem to me imo. Once people get back healthy they’ll add Whitlock and people will start to slot into appropriate spots. The offense has stagnated and pretty much the entire rotation is injured. Those are the real issues here

Last edited:
Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Considering I haven't said one word on who I would give up in a potential trade this is pointless. All I said is the areas they should be EXPLORING are 1B, OF, RP. I am not in Chaim Bloom's inner circle. I do not know who is available and what it would take to acquire them. Just that these are the areas they should be looking at instead of simply punting.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Baseball is the one sport you can’t say “f*** the farm system” without having big consequences eventually.

Unfortunately, it’s also the one sport that it takes guys a while to develop.

When you deplete the system, it’s going to hurt and we’ve seen that until recently.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
No I’m just saying that when the division is running this close a bad week will drop you like that. So it is disingenuous but all you do is bash this franchise so it isn’t surprising.

And if I’m being condescending then you’re being out of control doom and gloom. You just constantly CONSTANTLY bash Bloom in this thread. It’s pretty much daily and oftentimes more than once. It’s tiring and makes you sound ignorant . I’ve been overly critical of this team all season in this thread too but that’s because I think they’ve been awful most of the year. But I actually have patience with this franchise because they’re trying to become the Dodgers and Rays and compete for a World Series every year as opposed to winning one then not threatening for four years then competing for another one with a totally new team. Because that’s what this franchise has become.

You seem to have no ability to recognize that the farm system has improved incredibly, they’ve made great strides on the IFA market, drafting has improved and they’ve made moves to compete yearly for potentially 10-15 years. But you need instant gratification apparently and longterm doesn’t matter to you. You have made that clear
Oh it’s not daily, if the Sox win he completely disappears

So I guess the good news is when the process inevitably works we won’t have to see him in here ever again.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Baseball is the one sport you can’t say “f*** the farm system” without having big consequences eventually.

Unfortunately, it’s also the one sport that it takes guys a while to develop.

When you deplete the system, it’s going to hurt and we’ve seen that until recently.
Dombrowski emptied the farm and how are those prospects working out elsewhere? I don't hear or see much about them at all and he got a WS out of it.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
All I do is bash the franchise. Yep, guess I will have to go back and quote myself again now. Such a lazy, lazy take.

The condescending piece was not directed towards you. And no, I don't need instant gratification. I just expect a better product from a big market team coming off the season they had last year. They should have been able to build off of that. Instead they're toiling around, doomed by bad defense and baserunning, black hole at 1B, spotty bullpen. So while I do not expect them to win a WS every year, for this year I expect better than what I have seen. Is that a problem?

Congrats on being positive that one time. You don’t have to quote yourself I already saw it.

Are you not reading what I wrote? I just said it’s fine to criticize them this year. I’ve been doing it all year too. It’s the constant bashing of Bloom and the “trust the process” posts you make belittling him. You’re acting like they’re the Reds.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Congrats on being positive that one time. You don’t have to quote yourself I already saw it.

Are you not reading what I wrote? I just said it’s fine to criticize them this year. I’ve been doing it all year too. It’s the constant bashing of Bloom and the “trust the process” posts you make belittling him. You’re acting like they’re the Reds.
And if you think I was positive one single time, you just read what you want to read. Nothing I can do about that.

And the trust the process stuff isn't meant to belittle Bloom. It's meant to belittle the ballwashers.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
All I do is bash the franchise. Yep, guess I will have to go back and quote myself again now. Such a lazy, lazy take.

The condescending piece was not directed towards you. And no, I don't need instant gratification. I just expect a better product from a big market team coming off the season they had last year. They should have been able to build off of that. Instead they're toiling around, doomed by bad defense and baserunning, black hole at 1B, spotty bullpen. So while I do not expect them to win a WS every year, for this year I expect better than what I have seen. Is that a problem?

And if they didn’t end up one win from the WS, and say: missed the playoffs, you’d be here screaming for Chaim to be fired.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Dombrowski emptied the farm and how are those prospects working out elsewhere? I don't hear or see much about them at all and he got a WS out of it.
Hit and miss with a lot of them. Margot was one of the Rays best players until injury. Moncada looks bad this year but generally has been good. Kopech is good. Dombrowski generally did a good job knowing which prospects to move. He did an amazing job identifying Devers as an untouchable early in his career, he had the same opinion of Mata when he was in rookie ball iirc

The problem is you can only empty the farm out once if you don’t rebuild it, which dombrowski had no interest in doing. Having great farm depth allows you to go out and make trades that fill key spots without hurting the long-term outlook. Dodgers are the prime example of that, but we’ve seen the Padres be able to do that a lot recently too

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
And if they didn’t end up one win from the WS, and say: missed the playoffs, you’d be here screaming for Chaim to be fired.
Two wins from the WS but nope, wrong again. The COVID year was a disaster/reset year. Even if they missed the playoffs last year that was significant improvement. I am irritated by the step back from last year to this year. But guess what...if they miss the playoffs this year I won't be calling for Chaim to be fired. Just that it's fair game to question him and that SOME pressure should be on him.

Oh man, the crying over Anderson Espinoza :laugh:

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Two wins from the WS but nope, wrong again. The COVID year was a disaster/reset year. Even if they missed the playoffs last year that was significant improvement. I am irritated by the step back from last year to this year. But guess what...if they miss the playoffs this year I won't be calling for Chaim to be fired. Just that it's fair game to question him and that SOME pressure should be on him.

Oh man, the crying over Anderson Espinoza :laugh:

Last year gave fans false hope that the rebuild was over. It’s a process for a reason. The Red Sox played out of their minds last season to be honest.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
An NL scout called Miguel Bleis the best prospect in the FCL

TRUST THE PROCESS

Sox Prospects have him at 7th and he’s only an FCL prospect. He’s 18 years, 6’3” only 170 lbs and is a potential 5 tool player.

Can’t wait to follow his progression. There’s a lot of intriguing players on the FCL team.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I guess it depends on ones expectations. I wasn’t expecting a WS contender quite yet, though I do hold out hope that they get really hot at the right time.

If you look at them as WS or bust then it’s probably not worth watching them. I like watching them because I like baseball and I like seeing who is establishing themselves as potential impact guys on the next WS-favorite Red Sox team (as opposed to the current Wildcard Sox)

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005
Yes, indeed! Trust the process! It’s a *process*. Something they haven’t had since Theo. They’re not just gonna go out and run the team like a random know-nothing miserable douche fan because of a bad series in July. Here to help.

You’re not allowed to root for them when they’re really good in the near future, we will remember.
I’m nitpicking, but I’d argue that Cherington had a process. Henry didn’t trust it, or at least didn’t appreciate its deliberate pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad