Red Sox/MLB 2022 REGULAR SEASON III - THE RED SOX 4-10 IN JULY (47-43)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1655412930175.png

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Frustrating loss. You gotta win these. Just didn't have it today.

Story is just swinging at air right now. Very annoying.

Duran should of stayed in.

Blah

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Devers and Martinez each get on 3 times.

Bogey, Verdugo and Story follow with a 1 for 15.

Sox need to get ready now, a real major league team is coming to town.

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005

MLB is testing a modified challenge system in the minors this year, which allows teams to appeal to the automated ball-strike system if they disagree with the home plate umpire’s call.

“We’re continuing to experiment in the minor leagues,” Manfred said. “Big kind of development in the challenge-system alternative. The idea of using two different formats is a big change this year. Went down and saw the challenge system, I have to say, I saw three challenges in the minor league game, the first one was so darn fast, I missed it. ‘What happened?’

“I mean, it was like four seconds, literally. I kind of like that. I mean, four seconds is a pretty good replay change. So you know, we need to continue to work on that. There are difficult issues surrounding the strike zone that affect outcomes on the field. And we need to make sure we understand those before we jump off that bridge.”

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

MLB is testing a modified challenge system in the minors this year, which allows teams to appeal to the automated ball-strike system if they disagree with the home plate umpire’s call.

“We’re continuing to experiment in the minor leagues,” Manfred said. “Big kind of development in the challenge-system alternative. The idea of using two different formats is a big change this year. Went down and saw the challenge system, I have to say, I saw three challenges in the minor league game, the first one was so darn fast, I missed it. ‘What happened?’

“I mean, it was like four seconds, literally. I kind of like that. I mean, four seconds is a pretty good replay change. So you know, we need to continue to work on that. There are difficult issues surrounding the strike zone that affect outcomes on the field. And we need to make sure we understand those before we jump off that bridge.”
I do not like this at all.Making a mockery of things now with technology.Enough delays now in baseball .It's getting foolish

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Jarren Duran is sonic like fast. I like what I see from the kid. Good hitting tonight too. You can see the change from last year.

Reactions: DKH

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Half of baseball is 10 or more games out. Already. Terrible
The deadline will be interesting.

The extra wild card will make more borderline teams think they have a shot and keep their expiring contracts, but there's a big gulf between the haves and have-nots otherwise, so it may become a seller's market.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Half of baseball is 10 or more games out. Already. Terrible

It's a fight between the Rays, Jays, and us. It's gonna be a dogfight. The extra WC spot is huge. Just get in. That's all we need to do. Gotta get some upgrades for sure too. But thr goal is to get in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad