Patriots/NFL 2022 Regular Season - 2-3: Week 6 at Browns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
OK man, you win. I had no idea the unproven Mac Jones had you as the fan club leader. I hope this one works out for you!

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
I am not reading that whole article but there is nothing wrong with the part you posted. But fine, put Mac back in as starter. Just don't defend him if the pouting and poor play continues. That's gonna make for an awkward Gillette Stadium crowd.

He was literally starting to play better and make Blutarski look somewhat competent by the Ravens game until the O-Line, once again, got him killed. Also, if Zappe is such a good little soldier, this should make him want to earn the spot no?

OK man, you win. I had no idea the unproven Mac Jones had you as the fan club leader. I hope this one works out for you!

It's not about winning.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I have no concerns about Zappe trying to compete for the job. I highly doubt he's thinking the job is his right now. We'll see how Mac handles all of this. Whether he uses this as a kick in the ass or if he continues to pout and turn it over etc. At the very least this should mean the end of Brian Hoyer here. For that I am thankful.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
I have no concerns about Zappe trying to compete for the job. I highly doubt he's thinking the job is his right now. We'll see how Mac handles all of this. Whether he uses this as a kick in the ass or if he continues to pout and turn it over etc. At the very least this should mean the end of Brian Hoyer here. For that I am thankful.

Not gonna lie...part of me, for spite's sake, kind of wants Hoyer in there so the Pats can tank because I'm done with Bill and his bobos.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
What concerns me is that they've never really let Mac fly without the training wheels on. They call very conservatively when he's in there. But Zappe is thrown into the deep end of the pool and making plays with downfield throws and play actions. Maybe it's just that he's playing Detroit and Cleveland instead of Baltimore and the Dolphins, but they treat Mac like a College QB and Zappe like a pro one. So I'm not sure what Mac is capable of yet.

Zappe looks pretty good, but he'll have a lower ceiling. I think at worst he's established himself as a professional backup who'll kick around the league like Josh McCown for 10 years.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
What concerns me is that they've never really let Mac fly without the training wheels on. They call very conservatively when he's in there. But Zappe is thrown into the deep end of the pool and making plays with downfield throws and play actions. Maybe it's just that he's playing Detroit and Cleveland instead of Baltimore and the Dolphins, but they treat Mac like a College QB and Zappe like a pro one. So I'm not sure what Mac is capable of yet.

Zappe looks pretty good, but he'll have a lower ceiling. I think at worst he's established himself as a professional backup who'll kick around the league like Josh McCown for 10 years.
I felt like they were much more open with the offense this year with mac then they’ve been with Zappe (and that should be the case). Zappe has attacked down field more than Mac did last season though. Some of his chunk plays are YAC plays too. I like that Zappe gave Parker a chance to go to and get one early, that’s why they got the guy. For his contested catch ability

Like you said though this could all just a Cleveland-Detroit mirage. It’s certainly not a bad thing to have two young qb’s

Reactions: Oates2Neely

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Honestly, just play whoever is playing the best. My guess is Zappe will stumble at some point, most likely sooner rather than later and Mac will get a shot. Either way neither guy should be comfortable thinking they have the job locked down and that's a good thing to have

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Quick, better photoshop out the current Patriots players and coaches who attended! And if Brady didn't go the same sheep would be saying SeE hE neVeR caREd ABoUt KRaFT/uS. He quit on us!

The skipping training camp has now been directly linked to his impending divorce. I'm not gonna lecture someone on how they should handle that.

The reasons why he skipped camp are immaterial. He wasn't there so he couldn't work with the offense & now they can't execute the plays the way he thinks they should when he's back there instead of their #2 QB. He's got zero business calling them out over it either privately or publicly.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad and CDJ

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
The reasons why he skipped camp are immaterial. He wasn't there so he couldn't work with the offense & now they can't execute the plays the way he thinks they should when he's back there instead of their #2 QB. He's got zero business calling them out over it either privately or publicly.
Lol. Ya going through a divorce means nothing. Just a ridiculous take. Him having a fit is nothing new. It happened here too. It's not a great look but that's who he is. The Tampa OL sucks because of injury. It has zero to do with him not being at camp.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Zappe a young Len Dawson
1666032262848.jpeg

tvillewr4

Jan 2, 2012
Illinois
I’m ready for the experts to start giving some of our rookies the credit they deserve 3/4 impact guys in their rookie year is fantastic and what this team drastically needed

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Mazz: Why Bailey Zappe should remain the Patriots Starting QB

This might as well read "Why the Pats made a big mistake not drafting Rick Mirer in the 1993 NFL Draft".

View attachment 595046

Like look at this horse shit.
The first Pats game I ever attended was the Bledsoe Mirer showdown in 1997.

I don’t think the Bears ever advanced the ball across mid field.

We had seats at the end of the metal row of bleachers and my dad had to yell at these bigger dudes to make some room because there was no space for my 12 year old butt.

1666044036160.jpeg

Reactions: EvilDead

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
The league is very, very compelling right now.

Tampa is a mess. Green Bay is a mess.
Both New York teams look good.
Bills and Chiefs are a cut above.
Eagles stave off Dallas and remain undefeated.
Just when it looks like San Fran has turned the corner, they lay an egg against Atlanta.
Vikings are 5-1.

I do think Brady wills Tampa to at least 10 wins and a Division Title in that garbage NFC South. However, can you imagine him going out with a DNQ?

Zappe has kept New England in the mix, granted they haven’t beaten anyone. Still, I stick with the kid.
If they somehow lose that terrible division to New Orleans or Atlanta this will be the game.

Brady ditched his teammates went to his old owners wedding because he didn't want FOMO of not being seen with NFL players and A listers and then berated his line publicly. They couldn't beat an awful team reinserting Trubinsky. Self promotion won out.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
If they somehow lose that terrible division to New Orleans or Atlanta this will be the game.

Brady ditched his teammates went to his old owners wedding because he didn't want FOMO of not being seen with NFL players and A listers and then berated his line publicly. They couldn't beat an awful team reinserting Trubinsky. Self promotion won out.

probably a little too early to celebrate at 3-3

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Can't believe a 4th round rookie who practiced as a third stringer until two weeks ago has played this well and won his first two starts and we gotta waste all f***ing day being told why he sucks and we're all f***ing rubes for enjoying his success, all while strawmen are slaughtered like pigs at a rib contest.

f***ing hell.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Can't believe a 4th round rookie who practiced as a third stringer until two weeks ago has played this well and won his first two starts and we gotta waste all f***ing day being told why he sucks and we're all f***ing rubes for enjoying his success, all while strawmen are slaughtered like pigs at a rib contest.

f***ing hell.
I had read about Wren Blair before, but had no clue what he looked like and have made zero connection between him and your avatar all these years.

This just popped up on my Facebook and I was like “Oh goodness, it’s EverettMike.”

1666050778203.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad