Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Hey guys

One of the last things Buffaloed did was to purchase a Pickem game for HF

Survivor is now live and it is a season-long completion

The rules are simple - every week you pick a team that you think will win that week BUT once you use that team you can not use them again

You are allowed one miss during the season - get 2 wrong you are eliminated

By Tuesday 2 other pickem pools will be created where you pick every game with no spread and with the spread.

Hopefully, we can have some fun with this.

Last edited:

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Hey guys

https://forums.hfboards.com/pickem/picks/nfl-survivor.1/make-pick?week_id=1

The rules are simple - every week you pick a team that you think will win that week BUT once you use that team you can not use them again

By Tuesday 2 other pickem pools will be created where you pick every game with no spread and with the spread.

FYI I clicked on the link and it took me to a page saying "Oops We ran into some problems"

I like Survivor games and used to be big into pick'ems, but the last few years I've not been so good at them, I just don't follow the league as closely as I used to.

Also, 6 days until the Pats kick off and I'm not very excited TBQH. The end of last season getting embarrassed by the Bills combined with a questionable offseason and Matt Patricia being our offensive coordinator for some reason makes me feel apathetic at best. But if they come out and have a couple good wins in the first few weeks I'll jump back on the wagon.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
FYI I clicked on the link and it took me to a page saying "Oops We ran into some problems"

I like Survivor games and used to be big into pick'ems, but the last few years I've not been so good at them, I just don't follow the league as closely as I used to.

Also, 6 days until the Pats kick off and I'm not very excited TBQH. The end of last season getting embarrassed by the Bills combined with a questionable offseason and Matt Patricia being our offensive coordinator for some reason makes me feel apathetic at best. But if they come out and have a couple good wins in the first few weeks I'll jump back on the wagon.
@McGarnagle try this link

Reactions: McGarnagle

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
It's always a risk to bet against a Belichick coached Pats team but they look very pedestrian in all phases of the game so far in preseason. For a coach/GM that praises football "smarts" and football "physique" they don't appear to excel at either, possibly outside the DT and SS..

It will be interesting to see if they can develop and get onto a performance curve to peak heading into the playoffs (if they even make it there), but I just don't see it this year. Just feels like an average team with some OK, some good, but no great players.

Time will tell but seeing this after the amazing run of the past 2 decades should make everyone reflect on how great it was, and that you need some luck, some exceptional players and coaches to get the team to buy-in, to make it to the big dance. We were so very fortunate to have had that on a platter for so many years and here's to hoping the next generation of players and coaches can grow into the unit and bring some more hardware to NE.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Tom Brady drama funny he left us for her and now she may be leaving him.
I 100% believe she was part of the whole Miami tampering plot, then when that fell apart she reluctantly went to Tampa as a backup plan. She clearly wanted him to retire last year so they can relocate to Miami and get into some billionaire business together, but Tom still wants to play football and I think this summer's fake retirement and the Miami plot being exposed thanks to Flores' lawsuit (which Bill set in motion with the non-accidental accidental text) put them at loggerheads. At the end of the day, Tom chose football.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I can see 10-7 based on the schedule this year but that’s predicated on a massive win streak in the middle of the season which seems super unlikely. So who knows

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
I 100% believe she was part of the whole Miami tampering plot, then when that fell apart she reluctantly went to Tampa as a backup plan. She clearly wanted him to retire last year so they can relocate to Miami and get into some billionaire business together, but Tom still wants to play football and I think this summer's fake retirement and the Miami plot being exposed thanks to Flores' lawsuit (which Bill set in motion with the non-accidental accidental text) put them at loggerheads. At the end of the day, Tom chose football.
Gisele is most definitely the smarter of the two based on the interviews, reports and background I've seen over the years on them. Could be wrong but I'd take the bet 7 days a week.

As for her getting mixed up in NFL tampering to get him to Miami and the rest, I would have to say that is pretty ludicrous. She has hundreds of millions, as does Tom. No way she wastes her time trying to fabricate that type of move. No reason to do it if you think it thru. When you have hundreds of millions and are focused on family first, you aren't looking for 8 home games to make up for the rest, you are looking for a 24/7 family situation to raise kids right.

One can certainly respect his decision as an athlete given he is still near the pinnacle of his trade... but it is a bit harder to do so if he truly committed to his family to "be there" at 45+ and then balked. Then again, I'm sure his home has like 17 guest rooms in TB so he can enjoy the couch, and the other 17 feather beds as this season goes.

Tom is a jock. Gisele is a mother. That's all she wrote my friend...

Reactions: Gee Wally

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Gisele is most definitely the smarter of the two based on the interviews, reports and background I've seen over the years on them. Could be wrong but I'd take the bet 7 days a week.

As for her getting mixed up in NFL tampering to get him to Miami and the rest, I would have to say that is pretty ludicrous. She has hundreds of millions, as does Tom. No way she wastes her time trying to fabricate that type of move. No reason to do it if you think it thru. When you have hundreds of millions and are focused on family first, you aren't looking for 8 home games to make up for the rest, you are looking for a 24/7 family situation to raise kids right.

One can certainly respect his decision as an athlete given he is still near the pinnacle of his trade... but it is a bit harder to do so if he truly committed to his family to "be there" at 45+ and then balked. Then again, I'm sure his home has like 17 guest rooms in TB so he can enjoy the couch, and the other 17 feather beds as this season goes.

Tom is a jock. Gisele is a mother. That's all she wrote my friend...
I’m sure Gisele is a great mother, but she’s also a fantastic business woman. Miami is definitely her scene and I could absolutely see her wanting Tom to play there. Now I don’t think she was coordinating anything behind the scenes, but I bet she was telling Tom where she wants to go next and I have a hard time believing that place was Tampa. Miami is trendy, Tampa is hulk hogan and strip clubs (not that there’s anything wrong with that)

I believe I even laughed about her having to go to Tampa when Brady signed there.

We’ll see where they end up when Brady retires if they stick together. If it’s Miami then I think that answers a lot of questions.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Anything from 6-11 to 10-7 wouldn’t surprise me, they’re mostly in purgatory at the moment imo. Probably will depend on at what point they ditch the zone running/ stretch runs. If they do it early they’ll have more wins. I honestly don’t understand changing the run scheme, there’s one new O-lineman and Harris/Stevenson are power guys. It’s not like running the football was a weakness last season, I felt pretty good about their run game. Beat the Bills with it and it alone.

If a guy like Strong takes over at some point then sure start getting him running outside the tackle and see if his speed can rip off chunk plays. But I don’t think they have the personnel for that with Onwenu and Brown being starters. They’re not mobile, athletic lineman. They’re maulers. Let them blow up the people directly in front of them, don’t have them needing to leak into the 2nd level. Eventually that’s where the line may be headed with the selection of an athletic specimen like Strange but they’re not ready for that as a unit yet imo

Also I missed it earlier but they added WR Laquon Treadwell to the PS. Was a major bust but actually had an ok season last year as a depth receiver in Jacksonville, an offense that didn’t produce a lot through the air (I know this as I have Trevor Lawrence in my keeper league)

Last edited:

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Hey guys

First time joining and playing. Should be fun!

Reactions: Fenway

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
This is staggering

How long, exactly, is the waitlist, anyway?

The Patriots don’t typically project wait times, Stacey James, the Pats’ vice president of communications, said in an e-mail to the Globe, but, for context, he added, “I do believe those who joined the wait list in 2003 became eligible this year.”

What about Brady’s departure? Could it mean at least that now more people are moving off the waitlist? That’s the word in waiting circles.

Alas, rumors/prayers not withstanding, James said it is not true. “Only 480 new season tickets have been issued since 2019,” he e-mailed, “but the wait list has grown by 6,258 season tickets since then.”

The renewal rate this past off season — 98.5 percent — was among the highest it’s been, he said. In 2021, the renewal rate was 98.8 percent, and in 2019, it was 98.1 percent.

If you’re a spectator-in-waiting, life on the list is not the worst. For your $100 per seat deposit (returnable if you bow out), there are perks, including the ability to purchase tickets to the draft party before they go on sale to the public; an invitation to come to the stadium at no cost to watch an away game with season ticket members; and pre-sale access to concert tickets.

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
This is staggering

How long, exactly, is the waitlist, anyway?

The Patriots don’t typically project wait times, Stacey James, the Pats’ vice president of communications, said in an e-mail to the Globe, but, for context, he added, “I do believe those who joined the wait list in 2003 became eligible this year.”

What about Brady’s departure? Could it mean at least that now more people are moving off the waitlist? That’s the word in waiting circles.

Alas, rumors/prayers not withstanding, James said it is not true. “Only 480 new season tickets have been issued since 2019,” he e-mailed, “but the wait list has grown by 6,258 season tickets since then.”

The renewal rate this past off season — 98.5 percent — was among the highest it’s been, he said. In 2021, the renewal rate was 98.8 percent, and in 2019, it was 98.1 percent.

If you’re a spectator-in-waiting, life on the list is not the worst. For your $100 per seat deposit (returnable if you bow out), there are perks, including the ability to purchase tickets to the draft party before they go on sale to the public; an invitation to come to the stadium at no cost to watch an away game with season ticket members; and pre-sale access to concert tickets.
I got on the wait list in 1996 and got my seats in '98. It's all about taking my kids now, but I don't see myself giving the seats up any time soon.

Funny that the lowest renewal rate (still over 98%) was after the last Super Bowl win.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
My prediction is 9-8. They will be anywhere between 7-10 and 10-7. I will split the difference. I think the offensive co-ordinator thing will be a problem, and Bill will both chose one of the two in actuality and then take on some of the responsibilities himself. (There are whispers he is already doing more on the offensive side of the ball.)

The talent is a little above average on both sides of the ball as usual. They do need a faster, more dynamic wr and rb as usual also. They will win week one in a close game because Tua is terrible and I doubt coach MacDaniel is mature enough to match his football socks never mind match wits with Bill.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I’m not super high on the Pats this year but honestly I’m having a difficult time finding 10 losses on the schedule. They’re certainly lucky they don’t have a harder schedule this year

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
I’m not super high on the Pats this year but honestly I’m having a difficult time finding 10 losses on the schedule. They’re certainly lucky they don’t have a harder schedule this year
After giving a serious look at their schedule, I agree more or less. It is a middling strength of schedule, with the first half being much easier than the second half. All but one of your tough games are at home in the first half... I still sense 9 and 8 but could be 10-7 with the likely fast start.

Edit: unlike my Dolphins who have four rough ones out of the shoot and a couple of tough road games early.

Reactions: N o o d l e s

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Yeah, schedule seems more favorable than last year, but still not easy.

Dolphins W*
Steelers W
Ravens L
Packers L
Lions W
Browns W*
Bears W
Jets W
Colts W*
Jets W
Vikings L*
Bills L
Cardinals L
Raiders W*
Bengals L
Dolphins L*
Bills L

I say 9-8 with some wiggle room either way. Anything from 7-10 to 10-7 is in play. Any of the asterisked ones could go the other way, and I think I'm being pretty generous with the Browns and Vikings (but there's always one game a year we come out absolutely flat against a lesser opponent). Second half of the year is pretty brutal. Have to assume they go 1-1 against the Dolphins, and depending on whether they lose the first game in september or the last one in January they could either start the year 1-3 and everyone will panic or finish the year 0-3 and everyone panics. TBQH they could realistically lose every game from the Vikings through the end of the year and I wouldn't be shocked. Schedule could work in their favor though if the Bills already have their spot locked up going into week 18 while the Pats are alive for a WC and McDermott wants to rest starters.

Last edited:

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Yeah, schedule seems more favorable than last year, but still not easy.

Dolphins W*
Steelers W
Ravens L
Packers L
Lions W
Browns W*
Bears W
Jets W
Colts W*
Jets W
Vikings L*
Bills L
Cardinals L
Raiders W*
Bengals L
Dolphins L*
Bills L

I say 9-8 with some wiggle room either way. Anything from 7-10 to 10-7 is in play. Any of the asterisked ones could go the other way. Second half of the year is pretty brutal. Have to assume they go 1-1 against the Dolphins, and depending on whether they lose the first game in september or the last one in January they could either start the year 1-3 and everyone will panic or finish the year 0-3 and everyone panics. TBQH they could realistically lose every game from the Vikings through the end of the year and I wouldn't be shocked. Schedule could work in their favor though if the Bills already have their spot locked up going into week 18 while the Pats are alive for a WC and McDermott wants to rest starters.
Pretty much in agreement with you on the schedule breakdown. Might swap a couple of wns and losses, but it comes out the same. I think they beat the Dolphins both times but lose to the Raiders for instance, but pretty much same end result.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Just remember the Patriots are
Bill Belichick's team. He will not give up the control of calling plays this season. He will talk to whoever he has as the play caller for the game about what he wants, and in situations where he feels he wants to input the plays he will take over the offense through the phones. Not to worry about this issue. I am more concerned about the offensive line; if they are not effective, the passing and run games will be impacted, and Mac Jones will be under attack on each play. The defense can't win every game. From what I have seen, I say 7-10, but when I add BB, it could be 9-8 or 8-9. Is 9-8 enough to make the playoffs? I don't think so. We could have the #1 TE in Henry Hunter and if Jonnu Smith steps up this season, they could win us a game. If Nelson Agholor has a great season, he could win us a game. The WR's Meyer and Parker could win us a game. Surprise Surprise player could win us a game. All this says if any combination of these guys having a great season with Mac Jones the 9-8 or 8-9 could change to 12-5 or 11-6 and this may get then the wild card.

Go Pats

Reactions: rfournier103

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Am I crazy in thinking that the entire success of this offense comes down to Cole Strange and Michael Onwenu?

Our RB core is top-third of the league. Henry is a great TE and Jonnu Smith has bounceback potential. They've taken steps to improve the WR core. Brown and Wynn on the outside are fine if healthy (though health is a major concern with Wynn). Andrews is a great center. And Mac is a good QB in this league if he's protected. But the inside line, we just don't know. If they can give Mac some basic protection and open holes for Harris & Stevenson, this offense has potential to be in the top half of the league. But if they're giving up interior pressure, then we have a long, long year ahead of us.

Onwenu's been adequate but moved around a lot last year, guard, tackle, left side, right side, etc. And the reports on Strange in camp have been mixed. His draft pick was certainly criticized, so he's carrying a lot of pressure. Seems like so much is riding on that.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I really hope I’m wrong, but this team very easily could go 7-10.

If they regress this year; don’t make the playoffs; and really look bad, the Hoodie might be on the hot seat. Barring some unthinkable catastrophe this season, I think Belichick has one more year to straighten things out before Bob and Jonathan start thinking about life after Bill.

Reactions: Maine Fan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad