Patriots/NFL 2022 Regular Season - 2-3: Week 6 at Browns

Status
Not open for further replies.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
The league is very, very compelling right now.

Tampa is a mess. Green Bay is a mess.
Both New York teams look good.
Bills and Chiefs are a cut above.
Eagles stave off Dallas and remain undefeated.
Just when it looks like San Fran has turned the corner, they lay an egg against Atlanta.
Vikings are 5-1.

I do think Brady wills Tampa to at least 10 wins and a Division Title in that garbage NFC South. However, can you imagine him going out with a DNQ?

Zappe has kept New England in the mix, granted they haven’t beaten anyone. Still, I stick with the kid.

Reactions: Troublesome 85

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Quick, better photoshop out the current Patriots players and coaches who attended! And if Brady didn't go the same sheep would be saying SeE hE neVeR caREd ABoUt KRaFT/uS. He quit on us!

The skipping training camp has now been directly linked to his impending divorce. I'm not gonna lecture someone on how they should handle that.
there were Pats players there too but thats ok

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
How the hell can the OL get in sync with the QB when the QB couldn't be bothered to attend training camp (not OTAs, training camp!) and takes every Wednesday off?? It takes time to get everybody working together, you don't just snap your fingers & it happens.

It's true Tampa Bay doesn't have the offensive weapons this season but it's also true their #1 QB hasn't put in the time necessary for the starting offensive unit to jell. They're not mutually exclusive.
I they were piling up false starts and otherwise playing well, sure I'd tend to agree with you.

The fact is, their line just sucks. Only player who looks good is Wirfs.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Because it's utterly pathetic, that's why. Y'all motherf***ers want to believe that this schmuck who has a handful of good games is going to be somebody when the truth is he's another one hit wonder whose beating up on cream puffs. Like stop it. You're better than that. It's cute when Jaguars fans do it with Gardner Minshew or Lions fans when they find a QB that can do more than breathe and be a warm body. It's nauseating when bobo Patriots fans and media do it to an overrated stiff because of one three game stretch after seeing how the rest of the NFL lives for two years after two decades of unadulterated dominance under Brady and Belichick. Like get a grip. If the Patriots are dumb enough to make this guy the permanent starter, they deserve what's coming to them for that idiotic arrogance.

It’s pathetic to get excited about Zappe coming in and doing well? LMAO.

I know you’re a big Mac guy, but you don’t need to hate on Zappe for coming in and having success. What a weird take but considering the source, understandable.

Like did Mac sign a ball for you or something?

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
@EvilDead have you watched Mac Jones this year? He's been one of the worst QBs in football. He might be more talented than Zappe but based on Zappe's progression from Western Kentucky (not the bright lights of SEC football every week where you are playing top competition) to what we saw yesterday in just his 2nd start it's perfectly fine to be intrigued by that. I have no idea what his ceiling is but it's healthy to view this as a challenge to Mac Jones. Stop pouting and stop turning the ball over or else.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
there were Pats players there too but thats ok

Did they all mist training camp? Skipping Wednesday practice? Not fly to Cleveland with their team? Then play like shit while berating their teammates?

Why are you focusing on the one thing no one is really taking an issue with? (Besides your desire to protect a huge f***ing weirdo.)

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Did they all mist training camp? Skipping Wednesday practice? Not fly to Cleveland with their team? Then play like shit while berating their teammates?

Why are you focusing on the one thing no one is really taking an issue with? (Besides your desire to protect a huge f***ing weirdo.)
probably made more logistical sense to meet them in Pittsburgh which was cleared with the team I assume. Brady getting heated on the sideline is nothing new and I think before that he was sack fumbled.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
@EvilDead have you watched Mac Jones this year? He's been one of the worst QBs in football. He might be more talented than Zappe but based on Zappe's progression from Western Kentucky (not the bright lights of SEC football every week where you are playing top competition) to what we saw yesterday in just his 2nd start it's perfectly fine to be intrigued by that. I have no idea what his ceiling is but it's healthy to view this as a challenge to Mac Jones. Stop pouting and stop turning the ball over or else.
You are basing this on the smallest sample size possible. You also seem to forget that, for some reason, Mac wasn't given all of his weapons on the field and had to throw to chumps like Lil'Jordan Humphery and running single TE sets. Furthermore, Zappe played one year of real college ball and padded his stats against struggling programs like Rice, Middle Tennessee, Old Dominion, Florida Atlantic, and FIU. When he played real teams like Michigan State, Indiana, and Army he couldn't dig them out a win. He's no different to an 80s WAC QB or 80s Houston run and chute QB like David Klingler or Andre Ware and it showed if you payed any attention to his highlight reel in both his only college football season and Senior Bowl tape. Once teams figure him out and once he's asked to do more than his limited playbook, teams will do to him what they did to the guys I mentioned above. He's getting by right now because Belichick has the defense running on all cylinders and is somehow able to scheme up the offense in a way that makes the most of Zappe's limited skills.

I dunno. I also find it awfully convenient that the team is allowing all the offensive players that were "in Patricia's doghouse" are magically out now and being played to maximize Zappe. Just saying.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Um no he was very good against Ravens

8 passes over 20 I believe

The Red Zone interception on Parker and third one was last play of game he got hurt

He’s been under seige

Still I deal him to GB for the same package the Texans got from Cleveland

Team Mac but happy with Zappy

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
The league is very, very compelling right now.

Tampa is a mess. Green Bay is a mess.
Both New York teams look good.
Bills and Chiefs are a cut above.
Eagles stave off Dallas and remain undefeated.
Just when it looks like San Fran has turned the corner, they lay an egg against Atlanta.
Vikings are 5-1.

I do think Brady wills Tampa to at least 10 wins and a Division Title in that garbage NFC South. However, can you imagine him going out with a DNQ?

Zappe has kept New England in the mix, granted they haven’t beaten anyone. Still, I stick with the kid.

Something tells me Robert will have something to say about that with Bill.

The Red Zone interception on Parker and third one was last play of game he got hurt

He’s been under seige

Why would you deal an injured franchise QB and get a minimal return? That literally makes no sense unless you can get two firsts back at minimum. You trade the back up in Zappe to some sucker who wants to over pay.

Also this is something else people don't seem to want to acknowledge. Mac has taken more shots than any rookie QB in NFL history and the O Line has been atrocious with him under center. Let's see how Zappe does when he takes the same kind of shots from a real pass rush.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Why would I be expecting a QB at Western Kentucky to beat Michigan State, etc? Maybe you are an expert and will be proven right about Zappe long term but it is absolutely not unreasonable to have Mac heal up another week and then put more on Zappe's plate next week to see what he can handle. Mac Jones is not a proven elite QB. He was fine last year and not good to start this year. I'm fine getting Mac back in there as the starter but he better stop pouting and start producing.

You can skip over the facts of skipping training camp if you want. Hope you never go through a divorce!

Also:

Not flying with the team? I'm gonna say that would have zero impact on how an NFL game unfolds.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
probably made more logistical sense to meet them in Pittsburgh which was cleared with the team I assume. Brady getting heated on the sideline is nothing new and I think before that he was sack fumbled.
Right. If anything go after the Bucs for caving to everything Brady wants. Or come to the realization that that's probably what you would have to do with ANY 45 year old QB.

He’s been under seige

You can cherry pick any portions of one game but the stats are what they are. Mac has been one of the worst QBs in football. Doesn't mean it's all his fault just that Zappe potentially taking the job should not be viewed as some colossal injustice to tennis brat Mac Jones.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Why would I be expecting a QB at Western Kentucky to beat Michigan State, etc? Maybe you are an expert and will be proven right about Zappe long term but it is absolutely not unreasonable to have Mac heal up another week and then put more on Zappe's plate next week to see what he can handle. Mac Jones is not a proven elite QB. He was fine last year and not good to start this year. I'm fine getting Mac back in there as the starter but he better stop pouting and start producing.

I dunno...I'd be pretty annoyed about the fact that the fickle fans and media keep talking up this scrub as if he's done something and keep branding me as Trent Dilfer when he was literally second in Rookie of the Year voting and got onto the Pro Bowl first crack. Also while Mac isn't an elite QB, he's certainly in the top half of the league when he's not getting his skull caved in and has an o-line.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Not a single person has branded him Trent Dilfer. All people have done is comment on the QB play this year between a 2nd year first round pick and Bailey freakin Zappe. But maybe it's just Bill out to sabotage Mac.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
You can cherry pick any portions of one game but the stats are what they are. Mac has been one of the worst QBs in football. Doesn't mean it's all his fault just that Zappe potentially taking the job should not be viewed as some colossal injustice to tennis brat Mac Jones.

That's revisionist history given that everyone in the know was rating Mac as on the verge of getting into the top 10 a year ago based on metrics from Pro Football Focus. Jones has struggled out the gate, which wasn't a shock given they had Blutarski at OC with tweedle dum Joe Judge as his compadre. The issue is that people think that those issues are gone because of the fact this no name hick backup came in with a limited playbook a la Jacoby Brissett and won two games. The aforementioned Brissett had the same cut down play book and won his first rookie start. What happened since then? He's was lit up non stop when he was starting in Indy and got a full playbook and has never been the same since. My point is you are doing as much cherry picking as you accuse those who are critiquing him are doing. Let's see Zappe with a full playbook. I mean, unless Bill and Bluto don't trust him because they think he's limited or something, surely Zappe can run the exact same carbon copy offense Mac was forced to dive head first into when he had rookie season surely.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
That's revisionist history given that everyone in the know was rating Mac as on the verge of getting into the top 10 a year ago based on metrics from Pro Football Focus. Jones has struggled out the gate, which wasn't a shock given they had Blutarski at OC with tweedle dum Joe Judge as his compadre. The issue is that people think that those issues are gone because of the fact this no name hick backup came in with a limited playbook a la Jacoby Brissett and won two games. The aforementioned Brissett had the same cut down play book and won his first rookie start. What happened since then? He's was lit up non stop when he was starting in Indy and got a full playbook and has never been the same since. My point is you are doing as much cherry picking as you accuse those who are critiquing him are doing. Let's see Zappe with a full playbook. I mean, unless Bill and Bluto don't trust him because they think he's limited or something, surely Zappe can run the exact same carbon copy offense Mac was forced to dive head first into when he had rookie season surely.

Not even in the same stratosphere as what Zappe showed yesterday. I am not guaranteeing that Zappe will turn into a long term starting QB but downplaying what he has done so far is foolish. I'm not sure what magical playbook you are looking for when he threw for 300 yards yesterday. Why would they give Bailey Zappe the same gameplan/playbook as a 2nd year first round pick at QB? That doesn't make any sense. What does make sense is a slow build where you add more each week and see what he can handle. I just don't see how this is so unreasonable right now, especially if Mac is not 100%. If Zappe was god awful I'd take Mac back in there at 75%.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Mazz: Why Bailey Zappe should remain the Patriots Starting QB

This might as well read "Why the Pats made a big mistake not drafting Rick Mirer in the 1993 NFL Draft".

1666027302503.png

Like look at this horse shit.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Mazz: Why Bailey Zappe should remain the Patriots Starting QB

This might as well read "Why the Pats made a big mistake not drafting Rick Mirer in the 1993 NFL Draft".

View attachment 595046

Like look at this horse shit.
I am not reading that whole article but there is nothing wrong with the part you posted. But fine, put Mac back in as starter. Just don't defend him if the pouting and poor play continues. That's gonna make for an awkward Gillette Stadium crowd.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan

Not even in the same stratosphere as what Zappe showed yesterday. I am not guaranteeing that Zappe will turn into a long term starting QB but downplaying what he has done so far is foolish. I'm not sure what magical playbook you are looking for when he threw for 300 yards yesterday. Why would they give Bailey Zappe the same gameplan/playbook as a 2nd year first round pick at QB? That doesn't make any sense. What does make sense is a slow build where you add more each week and see what he can handle. I just don't see how this is so unreasonable right now, especially if Mac is not 100%. If Zappe was god awful I'd take Mac back in there at 75%.

Yes I agree not in the same stratosphere...

...Brissett actually played tougher teams than Zappe and still managed to perform decently all things considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad