Cambridge, MA
oBdwNnW.png

Boston Red Sox 2022 Media Guide.pdf
Boston Red Sox 2022 Media_Compressed.pdf

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
finding ways to lose close games against good teams, just like last years team when things were going bad for them

This one is directly on Houck, Whitlock closes that out in the 9th if Tanner is in Canada

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Watching talking baseball on NBC sports Boston. For the record i though they should have explored moving on from Dalbec this offseason thinking he wouldn't duplicate his hot stretch to end the year. Maximize his value. That's certainly shot now.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Barnes is a f***ing disaster ever since they cracked down in sticky stuff.

4Ks through 28 batters faces this year.
Had 15 of his first 28 K'ed last year.

Velocity down, spin rate down. Doesn't even look like a reliable MLB pitcher at this point.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
The Sox are what they are. If we were a bad team we'd be getting blown out by New York, Tampa, and Toronto, but most of our losses have been close games, 3 walkoff losses, a couple extra inning games.

We don't have the x factor to win the close and late games (a legit closer might change that). The starting pitching hasn't been outstanding but it hasn't been bad either. The lineup could be doing worse than it is. And for every blpen disaster there's been ballsy performances from the relievers as well. I think this is basically a .500 ball club as constructed, but the quality of competition makes them fall 4 games under .500

A healthy Sale and an impact bat in the lineup (Casas or a trade target) and a few series against Baltimore and Oakland and people will start pumping their tires again.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I mostly blame the bats and personal decisions that hurt the team and impact how they have to deploy Whitlock

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
What a bad night for Henry last with that huge Penguins loss.
Not to pick on you, Donnie, because you're certainly not alone, but I don't understand why John Henry gets singled out for owning more than one pro sports franchise.

Bob Kraft owns three, and no one cares.

Steve Pagliuca owns two, and is trying to buy Chelsea FC in what is likely to be the most expensive sports franchise purchase in the history of the planet, and no one cares.

I have no idea why Red Sox fans think their owner has to give them his undivided attention, as if he hasn't hired competent executives to run day-to-day operations for all of his sports franchises. Nor do I understand the perception that his ownership of Liverpool or the Penguins is draining resources away from the Red Sox. I'm not sure about the Penguins' finances, but in the five years leading up to Covid, Liverpool reported a profit of more than $175 million.

Reactions: Smitty93

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Not to pick on you, Donnie, because you're certainly not alone, but I don't understand why John Henry gets singled out for owning more than one pro sports franchise.

Bob Kraft owns three, and no one cares.

Steve Pagliuca owns two, and is trying to buy Chelsea FC in what is likely to be the most expensive sports franchise purchase in the history of the planet, and no one cares.

I have no idea why Red Sox fans think their owner has to give them his undivided attention, as if he hasn't hired competent executives to run day-to-day operations for all of his sports franchises. Nor do I understand the perception that his ownership of Liverpool or the Penguins is draining resources away from the Red Sox. I'm not sure about the Penguins' finances, but in the five years leading up to Covid, Liverpool reported a profit of more than $175 million.
He has 100% every right to own another one. But to own the Penguins and be at that game in Pittsburgh when the Bruins were in town and rooting for the home team is 100% tone deaf.

Bob Kraft owns others but they are in market.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
The Sox are what they are. If we were a bad team we'd be getting blown out by New York, Tampa, and Toronto, but most of our losses have been close games, 3 walkoff losses, a couple extra inning games.

We don't have the x factor to win the close and late games (a legit closer might change that). The starting pitching hasn't been outstanding but it hasn't been bad either. The lineup could be doing worse than it is. And for every blpen disaster there's been ballsy performances from the relievers as well. I think this is basically a .500 ball club as constructed, but the quality of competition makes them fall 4 games under .500

A healthy Sale and an impact bat in the lineup (Casas or a trade target) and a few series against Baltimore and Oakland and people will start pumping their tires again.

I'd be surprised to ever see a healthy Sale again.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Dalbeck's strikeout in the 5th inning was amazing. Takes a fastball, belt high, out over the plate (not on the corner). Shouldn't have been, but I was really stunned.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I’d feel bad for Barnes if he didn’t get that extension. His arm is toast. Not much he can do about it. I did see one 95 at least but he’s been 92/93 this year and quite frankly he’s probably not big league quality with that unless he’s in mop up duty

Last edited:

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Yeah, the only thing is that they cried that the Red Sox were doing it to the league while they were doing it themselves
Except theirs stopped in 2016, which is proven in this letter from the MLB. The Red Sox did not, they continued.

• The letter does not accuse the Yankees of sign-stealing after the crucial date of Sept. 15, 2017, when Manfred announced that from that day forward electronic sign stealing would be subject to more severe punishments. In fact, the letter does not accuse the team of stealing signs at any point during the 2017 season.

The Astros and Red Sox were later punished for real time, electronic sign stealing after 9/15/17. Boston relayed sign sequences to runners on second base during the 2018 season, when they won the World Series. Houston, according to sources with direct knowledge, participated in real-time electronic sign stealing with no runners on base during the 2017 World Series, which they won.

Maybe "duplicitious" regarding prior to 2016 however, not at all after that date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad