Cambridge, MA
oBdwNnW.png

Boston Red Sox 2022 Media Guide.pdf
Boston Red Sox 2022 Media_Compressed.pdf

Last edited:

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

Old friend Brandon Workman didn't make the cut in Texas.
Brandon Workman has one of the weirdest careers of any major leaguer in the last decade.

Unimpressive spot starter becomes very good setup man, has random memorable World Series at-bat in one of the most puzzling managerial decisions in history, wins title, fades back into mediocrity and bounces back and forth between AAA and the majors, then all of a sudden becomes an elite closer for a year, gets traded for a couple good pitching prospects, flops again and is released by two teams, comes back to original team and does a reasonable job in the pen for the remainder of the year. Then doesn't make a roster the following year.

Very weird uneven career. But memorable for sure.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I fully understand that bad weather can happen on any given day -- but considering that there are what? 8 domed stadiums and 6 more teams that are located in Texas, Georgia or California, why would any games be scheduled in the first week of April in:

Chicago, KC, NY, Minnesota, Philly or Detroit?

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I fully understand that bad weather can happen on any given day -- but considering that there are what? 8 domed stadiums and 6 more teams that are located in Texas, Georgia or California, why would any games be scheduled in the first week of April in:

Chicago, KC, NY, Minnesota, Philly or Detroit?
Makes zero sense

Reactions: CDJ and sarge88

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Phillies have short stop & thirdbase problems and Dave Dombrowski extremely pissed at Red Sox ownership - I can see him going after Xander Bogearts next offseason

I know if I was him he’s my number one target

Get a leader a star at short who can eventually move to 3B and give an F U to Red Sox

Last edited:

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
HFBoards Flfantasy draft...took some risks. Accidentally picked a few guys. But I can't wait for the league to get going.

As always:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
The Ramirez contract was very team friendly

Devers is gonna want to be locked up until age 35/36 or he’s gonna want to hit free agency at 26/27/28. You’re not getting him on a 5/6/7 year deal

Edit: also I’m not sure that they will commit to him like that. I want them to because he’s my favorite player but I don’t think they will. He’s probably a 1B/DH realistically long term- they’ll have an established Casas at that point and I don’t think they’ll want to commit 25+ mill with a long term to a DH

Last edited:
Reactions: sarge88

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
The Orioles have renovated left field at Camden Yards, moving the wall back and raising it.

It sort of creates their own Fenway-esque triangle in left-center field.

Can't say I'm a big fan from the pictures.

Reactions: CDJ

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Phillies have short stop & thirdbase problems and Dave Dombrowski extremely pissed at Red Sox ownership - I can see him going after Xander Bogearts next offseason

I know if I was him he’s my number one target

Get a leader a star at short who can eventually move to 3B and give an F U to Red Sox

The Phillies already have the worst team defense in MLB history, Bogaerts would fit in perfectly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad