2022 QMJHL Draft

Justlooking79

Jul 18, 2021
I knew mount has showcase this weekend, if taylor committed to mount then I’m kinda disappointed cause I was hoping to see him in ktown, I can’t comment on Croft as I don’t know him

Can’t say 100 percent about Taylor just what I heard, but Croft and Aiken have signed 100 % with the Saints again this season. Look for them both to have a great year

Reactions: maritimehockey01

Justlooking79

Jul 18, 2021
I heard the Mount had a showcase, were any of you Islanders there to watch? any top kids there or who looked good? just curious

I wasn’t there myself just going on what I heard but as far as young talent Woods, Croft, Sheilds & Arsenault looked to be good upfront, all putting up multiple points. Taylor & Diamond I was told looked good on the Back end and Aiken was solid between the pipes. Look for the Saints to have another great showing at this years draft IMO

Reactions: maritimehockey01

HKY99

Oct 2, 2020
I wasn’t there myself just going on what I heard but as far as young talent Woods, Croft, Sheilds & Arsenault looked to be good upfront, all putting up multiple points. Taylor & Diamond I was told looked good on the Back end and Aiken was solid between the pipes. Look for the Saints to have another great showing at this years draft IMO
Ok thanks, I looked for it to be streamed but it wasn't, they are the names I expected you to say, Connor Arsenault and Shields and did you mean Tyler Wood? or was there another kid there named Woods?

Justlooking79

Jul 18, 2021
Ok thanks, I looked for it to be streamed but it wasn't, they are the names I expected you to say, Connor Arsenault and Shields and did you mean Tyler Wood? or was there another kid there named Woods?

No Problem
Yes I meant Tyler woods, Brady Croft, Will Sheilds & Michael Arsenault
These guys are gonna be fun to watch this season

1971fan

Jul 13, 2021
Heard shields and Tyler wood and Connor Arsenault were looking good, Micheal Arsenault was pretty good too, heard Petipas and taylor and manders looked good and MacEeachern looked pretty good too

Justlooking79

Jul 18, 2021
Heard shields and Tyler wood and Connor Arsenault were looking good, Micheal Arsenault was pretty good too, heard Petipas and taylor and manders looked good and MacEeachern looked pretty good too

where you there ? Sounds like a pretty good showcase

HKY99

Oct 2, 2020
These kids must be on all summer, sometimes the on ice training never stops for some of them, but I guess it's getting close to start ramping up for their tryouts at the end of Aug and early Sept

HKY99

Oct 2, 2020
Campbell is still a solid player…..likely a 6-9 guy. Great skater ….. heard he’s headed stateside with Junior Bruins U16s. Think that’s the same league as the Jr Penguins. After a solid season down there he could jump up a bit.
Pittsburgh Penguins Elite 15U have 2 N.S. kids on there roster Owen Phillips and Michael O'Brien, lots of kids heading to the US in the fall

PuckGuy902

Jul 12, 2021
The Mount team had some decent players last year but not really standouts. If they could add Shields or an Arsenault would definitely help them but they would still struggle if they played a team like the Knights. The mount will likely get some more decent 06s that don’t make the Knights or Wild. The Knights will have the top 06s and the Wild will have some good ones too.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
The Mount team had some decent players last year but not really standouts. If they could add Shields or an Arsenault would definitely help them but they would still struggle if they played a team like the Knights. The mount will likely get some more decent 06s that don’t make the Knights or Wild. The Knights will have the top 06s and the Wild will have some good ones too.

Thought the Mount had better 05s compared to the Knights or Wild last year. It's just that a full team of 05 against top 04s like Huggan, MacLean and Vos and even some 03s isn't going to be easy no matter what.

Justlooking79

Jul 18, 2021
Thought the Mount had better 05s compared to the Knights or Wild last year. It's just that a full team of 05 against top 04s like Huggan, MacLean and Vos and even some 03s isn't going to be easy no matter what.

I agree, and I believe the knights and wild are gonna be strong teams this year with 05 & 06, but don’t count the Mount out just yet, there U18 team will be strong with some returning players in their roster. But I strongly believe with the program the mount has and hearing kids like diamond and Taylor on the back end with Jean, Croft, Balsley all signed up front and Aiken in nets plus who ever Else they sign this season. this team is going to be a tough competitor in the U18 league this year. IMO

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019
I agree, and I believe the knights and wild are gonna be strong teams this year with 05 & 06, but don’t count the Mount out just yet, there U18 team will be strong with some returning players in their roster. But I strongly believe with the program the mount has and hearing kids like diamond and Taylor on the back end with Jean, Croft, Balsley all signed up front and Aiken in nets plus who ever Else they sign this season. this team is going to be a tough competitor in the U18 league this year. IMO
So you are saying, that if all is back to normal, Mount U18 will be playing in the NB-PEI U18 league? I don't think that will be the case at all. The league will move back to some inter-lock games with NSU18 and the Mount will have to sell their program for exactly what it is.....a route that creates visibility to US Prep. If not...why would anyone in their right mind pay 30K to play in the NBPEI league.

Justlooking79

Jul 18, 2021
So you are saying, that if all is back to normal, Mount U18 will be playing in the NB-PEI U18 league? I don't think that will be the case at all. The league will move back to some inter-lock games with NSU18 and the Mount will have to sell their program for exactly what it is.....a route that creates visibility to US Prep. If not...why would anyone in their right mind pay 30K to play in the NBPEI league.

That I can’t say for sure all I am hearing is that the U17’s and the U18 will be playing in the U18 major league this coming year, as well as travelling Quebec, Ontario & State side to tournaments and showcases. They produced a lot last year come draft time, look for them to try and do the same this year as well

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019
So what you are saying is The Mount will play in the NBPEIU18 league as well as travel to the U.S and Quebec. So basically setting their own schedule for the league to work around? Not a chance, exhibition only and probably only within PEI, they will not be part of the league. Not sure I can give them much credit for producing talent either....MacDonald was there 2 years...the rest would have been drafted regardless of where they played. There is no cake and eat it too scenerio here, they are a Prep team in a Prep league.

PuckGuy902

Jul 12, 2021
Yes I agree. I can’t see them playing in the U18 league. I just meant if they played some exhibition games. The 2006 age group won’t be as strong as the 2005 from last year. I think covid helped the mount take in some players they may not have with parents thinking they would have the advantage of being in PEI and being on the ice lots.

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019
Yes I agree. I can’t see them playing in the U18 league. I just meant if they played some exhibition games. The 2006 age group won’t be as strong as the 2005 from last year. I think covid helped the mount take in some players they may not have with parents thinking they would have the advantage of being in PEI and being on the ice lots.
Agree 100%. The distribution of 06's will be interesting to follow. The Knights will have roster spots open and so will the Wild. It's time HPEI gets their S*I% together has players sign 3 year contracts with their respective teams. Would love 2 see 2 solid teams next year.

ccmribcore

May 13, 2021
Might as well give you my projections based on what I've seen so far.

1st round caliber :
- Gabriel D'Aigle (G)
- Elliot Litalien (C)
- Alexis Michaud (C)
- Adam Fortier-Gendron (LD)
- Sacha Boisvert (C)
- Jeremy Leroux (C)
- Owen Phillips (RD)
- William Shields (RW)
- Quinn Kennedy (LW)
- Tyson Fevry (RW)

2nd round (maybe first round) caliber:
- Samuel Leonard
- Justin Poirier
- Reece Pietzsche
- Gabe Smith
- Connor Arsenault
- Ross Campbell

Rounds 2-3
- Alexis Doucet
- Felix Lacerte
- Olivier Lemieux
- Justin Smith
- Thomas Desruisseaux
- Vincent Murray
- Maxim Massé
- Maxime Lafond
- Justin Charbonneau
- Xavier Veilleux
- Mattias Gilbert
- Tyler Wood
- Marek Beaudoin
- Cade Moser
- Evan Nicholson
- Tomas Lavoie
- Dominic MacKenzie
- Bill Zonnon
- Raoul Boilard

Other guys that could go rounds 2-3-4-5 :
- Matthew MacLean
- William Leonard
- Justin Lemay
- Corey Tannahill
- Evan Depaatie
- Marc El-Hawat
- Reed Pettipas
- Spencer Gill
- Kaden Smith
- Matthew Vohra
- Callum Aucoin
- dawson Sharkey
- Mason Power
- Louis-Carl Tremblay
- Guillaume Fillion
- Julien Lanthier
- Anthony Paré
- Jeremie Richard
- Reid Calder
- Coen Miller
- Jacob Beaulieu
- Brett Yuzik

Have not been able to see some of the guys that I have not named, or have not seen them play in a long time. But that should give some names to keep track of. I don't expect this to be that accurate in 12 months.

Anybody who was at the Hockey Quebec U16 camp this week can add perspective/ refinement to that list, since it was, in many cases, the first time they do high pace game for over a year?

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Anybody who was at the Hockey Quebec U16 camp this week can add perspective/ refinement to that list, since it was, in many cases, the first time they do high pace game for over a year?

Desruisseaux was probably the best player there. As for the rest, not too many surprises for me. Guillaume Fillion on D looks like a top 3 round guy.

I'll probably do a more in-depth list soon.

Reactions: Prospect Tracker

PuckGuy902

Jul 12, 2021
Agree 100%. The distribution of 06's will be interesting to follow. The Knights will have roster spots open and so will the Wild. It's time HPEI gets their S*I% together has players sign 3 year contracts with their respective teams. Would love 2 see 2 solid teams next year.

I’m hearing the Wild are securing Sharkey, Dickson, maybe Arsenault at F and maybe Smith, Mackinnon on D. G Gallant looks to be going there too with Thompson moving to Knights.
Knights are securing Campbell, Griffin, Nicholson and Waugh which is pretty impressive.

HKY99

Oct 2, 2020
I’m hearing the Wild are securing Sharkey, Dickson, maybe Arsenault at F and maybe Smith, Mackinnon on D. G Gallant looks to be going there too with Thompson moving to Knights.
Knights are securing Campbell, Griffin, Nicholson and Waugh which is pretty impressive.
It's an even distribution as far as numbers go, but the Knights may have the better 06's with Campbell, Nicholson and Waugh, but I do like Dickson and Smith for the Wild, but the Island kids are lucky that there is room for 10 of them in Major Midget, doubt if the will be the case in N.B.

HKY99

Oct 2, 2020
I've had a chance to watch the NB and PEI 06/07s quite regularly and here is what I have seen.

I really like from NB;

Alex Lavoie- Northern
Nic Nadeau- Moncton
Spencer Gill- Moncton
Zach Wheelee- Moncton
Jaxon Pierce- Fredricton
Gabe Smith- KV
Connor Arsenault- Saint John

Liam Kilfoil has been a standout 07 as well. I don't know if it will happen but I think he has a case to play U18 major as an underage player next year, maybe others disagree with this, I'd be interested to here opinions on this.

For the PEI 06 group it is strong once again as were the 05 group before them. I like what I've seen this year from quite a few;

Ross Campbell
Evan Nicholson
Dawson Sharkey
Matthew MacLean
Hudson Bradley
Mason Power

All from the Eastern Express as well as

Lincoln Waugh
Ethan Dickson
Colby Hudson
Carson Griffin
George Gallant

All from Prince County.

I also like White and Hughes for Central, they were a small bright spot in a tough season for them.

Alex Keus and Austin Walker from Eastern have looked like extremely strong players in the 07 Island group from what I've seen.

Due to the ongoing issue with the major U15 league on PEI with lopsided scores, and the powers at be at HPEI not understanding how they are stunting development of our young players, I would assume we will see this continue.
It is my opinion that HPEI should move to a model where they proactively decide season to season, how the splitting of the district's for player allocation will be completed for the best provincial competition and showcase the best 72-80 U15 players on PEI provincially year to year. I know this is an issue across Canada at every level but it seems to be a consistent issue in PEIs Major U15 league. It happens at the Major U18 level as well and needs to be addressed. If this was cleaned up I think you would see a jump in the number of island born players in major Junior hockey year if year.
Because of this above issue, I assume they may never get a look or consideration but there is also a trio of skaters at the U15 minor level on PEI that I like what I have seen from them this year as well and in my opinion have solid potential in Tyson McGrath, Connor Gotell and Rowan Walker who are in the Eastern Express U15 district.

It is always good to see the Maritime provinces continually graduating a solid number of players into Canadian major Junior hockey and I wish these guys the best of luck on that quest.

I'd be interested to hear others opinions what have gotten to view the 06/07 group from NB and PEI and also to learn more about the prospects in NS and the NB private school league for the 06/07s as well!
I think you missed NB's top defenseman Jereme Richard and Liam Kilfoil is headed for US prep with Mt ST Charles...you have alot of PEI guys listed but probably there best is Tyler Wood, he is another kid who chose US Prep. I also think Justin Smith was Easterns best 06 defenseman

PuckGuy902

Jul 12, 2021
I think you missed NB's top defenseman Jereme Richard and Liam Kilfoil is headed for US prep with Mt ST Charles...you have alot of PEI guys listed but probably there best is Tyler Wood, he is another kid who chose US Prep. I also think Justin Smith was Easterns best 06 defenseman
I agree Richard is good. Seemed to have an edge to his game too last time I seen him. I agree Smith was Easterns top D man. I don’t agree about Wood. I’d put him top 5-6 now. Body language always been atrocious.

HKY99

Oct 2, 2020
I agree Richard is good. Seemed to have an edge to his game too last time I seen him. I agree Smith was Easterns top D man. I don’t agree about Wood. I’d put him top 5-6 now. Body language always been atrocious.
Well 2 out of 3 ain't bad...just thought these 3 kids would compliment your NB/PEI list, Smith and Richard are steady stay at home type of D-men that should transition to U18 nicely and well I guess you're not much of a fan of the Wood kid, lol

ATLHockeywatcher

Feb 25, 2020
Kilfoil and Wheeler in NB are both 2007's not 2006's, that said they are probably better than any 2006 forward in the province in terms of IQ and upside. Richard and Gill are two of the top D men in NB based on the Bantam season, they will log solid minutes with the Flyers next season.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Kilfoil and Wheeler in NB are both 2007's not 2006's, that said they are probably better than any 2006 forward in the province in terms of IQ and upside. Richard and Gill are two of the top D men in NB based on the Bantam season, they will log solid minutes with the Flyers next season.

I didn't know about Wheeler. Thought he was a 2006. Interesting. The 07s in New Brunswick look pretty solid across the board.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad