2022 QMJHL Draft

HKY99

Oct 2, 2020
Surprised cam Taylor’s name has not been mentioned, he would be top 4 for D on Pei
I like L. Waugh, Justin Smith, Denver Arsenault, M. MacLean, J. MacKinnon and Cam Talyor as well for PE, a lot of interesting D-men though the Maritimes for sure. I don't know alot about the Quebec kids, but I'm sure they a couple of highend Defensemen also.

1971fan

Jul 13, 2021
Also Matthew macdonald is also not mention, he’s grown and looked good at ID camps, not a great skater but seems to score and I would take over a couple other island kids mentioned

1971fan

Jul 13, 2021
Goalies- George gallant, L mackinnon, J macdonald, R Aiken…….D- top 4 would be L Waugh, j smith, m maclean, c taylor…..after that be j mackinnon, a diamond, a MacEeachern, L Gregory

1971fan

Jul 13, 2021
Forwards- r campbell, e Nicholson, t wood, e dickson, m power, I like him but very small, m Arsenault, m macdonald, d sharkey, c griffen and w white

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
I like L. Waugh, Justin Smith, Denver Arsenault, M. MacLean, J. MacKinnon and Cam Talyor as well for PE, a lot of interesting D-men though the Maritimes for sure. I don't know alot about the Quebec kids, but I'm sure they a couple of highend Defensemen also.

Quebec is actually extremely forward heavy for the 06s in my opinion. Some depth for rounds 3 to 6 in defenseman, but very few elite Ds.

If you want an elite D in the first round, you better get Phillips or Fortier-Gendron or you could be in trouble in this draft in my opinion. That said, Phillips looks like he is playing for Pittsburgh Penguins U15 on eliteprospects next season, don't know if that means NCAA for him.

HKY99

Oct 2, 2020
Quebec is actually extremely forward heavy for the 06s in my opinion. Some depth for rounds 3 to 6 in defenseman, but very few elite Ds.

If you want an elite D in the first round, you better get Phillips or Fortier-Gendron or you could be in trouble in this draft in my opinion. That said, Phillips looks like he is playing for Pittsburgh Penguins U15 on eliteprospects next season, don't know if that means NCAA for him.

Yes I heard that Phillips is on the Pens Roster for next fall, he could be thinking about the NCAA route, keeping all options open isn't a bad plan when you're 15yrs old...That means top D in NS would be up for grabs between Cole Macphee, Ryan Fletcher, Ben Robertson and MacKenzie

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019
Yes I heard that Phillips is on the Pens Roster for next fall, he could be thinking about the NCAA route, keeping all options open isn't a bad plan when you're 15yrs old...That means top D in NS would be up for grabs between Cole Macphee, Ryan Fletcher, Ben Robertson and MacKenzie
Let's hope Philips is in fact planning on NCAA otherwise the last 3 draft classes prove that you can stay in Atlantic Canada and still develop into a first round Q prospect. As a matter of fact...several who have gone away and then return, don't end up further ahead and out $100K U.S. Mac's will miss him on a Team looking at making a run for a Telus Cup.

wayupnorth

Nov 22, 2018
Nothing wrong with kids going away for school and hockey and nothing wrong with kids staying for school and hockey, I dont know why people continue to be concerned with this. You can develop in both places. Choices and options are good to have. It’s not all about hockey when you consider further ahead, whatever you mean by that.

Reactions: RBZ and HKY99

HKY99

Oct 2, 2020
Let's hope Philips is in fact planning on NCAA otherwise the last 3 draft classes prove that you can stay in Atlantic Canada and still develop into a first round Q prospect. As a matter of fact...several who have gone away and then return, don't end up further ahead and out $100K U.S. Mac's will miss him on a Team looking at making a run for a Telus Cup.
Yes the Mac's will miss him 4 sure and Shields is another NS kid who chose the US path, not sure if Shields was a Mac prospect or not...Quebec kids seem to stay in there province and play where some Maritime kids go the Prep route whether CAN or US, IMO I think it has more to do with there home association/program than anything else, the prep schools offer learning systems, playing with better players and being on the ice everyday which they can't get at home. The kids that are recruited for prep schools are high end players and most are on free rides to play in US or Can, doubt if any are paying more to play in the US than if they would have stayed at home.

Reactions: wayupnorth

PuckGuy902

Jul 12, 2021
Sure draft picks from each Atlantic province in random order :
NS:
Will Shields
Quinn Kennedy
Reese Pietsche
Coen Miller
Owen Phillips

NB:
Gabe Smith
Connor Arsenault
Jaxon Pierce
Alex Pelletier
Brayden Campbell
Colby Train
Jeremie Richard
Nico Boudreau

PEI:
Evan Nicholson
Ross Campbell
Carson Griffin
Ethan Dickson
Tyler Wood
Lincoln Waugh
Justin Smith
George Gallant

NFLD:
Matt Butler
Liam Noble
Kyle Greene
Sean Hogan

1971fan

Jul 13, 2021
I don’t see brayden campbell there all, I would insert maclean and taylor for Pei, also I’m not trying to be negative but I think will shields is overrated

1971fan

Jul 13, 2021
I do have an 06 kid and he’s has been mentioned as one of the top kids on Pei, I have watched these kids for years playing with and against each other and im allowed to give my opinion about these kids. If u disagree with why im wrong with kids I have mentioned please explain why you don’t agree and I will explain why I like the kids I do

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
I don’t see brayden campbell there all, I would insert maclean and taylor for Pei, also I’m not trying to be negative but I think will shields is overrated

It depends what you like in a player. He has a similar skillset as Jordan Dumais from Halifax, who also got underrated because of certain flaws. With that said, like Dumais, I think Shields will be a producer at the junior level regardless.

Reactions: maritimehockey01

1971fan

Jul 13, 2021
I don’t think campbell is bad player just don’t think he’s a sure pick and I like shields but not as much as I once did. That’s all

hawkeye east

May 31, 2021
Campbell is still a solid player…..likely a 6-9 guy. Great skater ….. heard he’s headed stateside with Junior Bruins U16s. Think that’s the same league as the Jr Penguins. After a solid season down there he could jump up a bit.

hawkeye east

May 31, 2021
Shields is a sure fire top pick( top 2 rounds) …. Succeeded at every level in every league. Hard to argue with the top 4 ns guys ( Phillips, Kennedy, shields, piezchte) being first few round picks in the Q.

hawkeye east

May 31, 2021
Same goes for Arsenault, smith, Richard in Nb….. other names mentioned are definitely picks not sure where they will land but most likely 3-6. Personally I find PEI and NFLD a bit of a crap shoot too. Watered down leagues ….. I think this season with inter provincial play and the Gatorade challenge may decide a lot for all these kid.

Prospectsfinest

Jan 24, 2020
I do have an 06 kid and he’s has been mentioned as one of the top kids on Pei, I have watched these kids for years playing with and against each other and im allowed to give my opinion about these kids. If u disagree with why im wrong with kids I have mentioned please explain why you don’t agree and I will explain why I like the kids I do

That wasn’t directed at you specifically but it happens every year, a new group of posters join to push certain kids. Reading the post you made I wonder how anyone can make a statement positively for a PEI player that is marginal and the next line make a statement of negativity towards a top 2 round guy. It don’t make sense.

1971fan

Jul 13, 2021
Shields I watched this year a few times on line and I simply wasn’t impressed as much as I used too by him. That’s all. I know he’s a good but simply thought he wasn’t as good from seeing him live last time. Campbell simply don’t jump out as a sure pick from what I’ve seen of him over the years. Taylor played spring this spring with all the top 06s and he has improved cause my kid played there too and he’s stats are good from what I’ve seen and maclean is a good puck moving D that I like a lot too

1971fan

Jul 13, 2021
The nfld kids I can’t comment on and obviously I’m gonna comment on island kids who I like and that’s who I know the most especially after this year

1971fan

Jul 13, 2021
Sorry so I was simply replying about names on list that I know that were listed as sure picks but I simply commented on shields of ns and campbell from Nb and can’t comment on nfld listed kids but I replied more on island kids for the reason I know them. That’s why I replied how I did to list

Justlooking79

Jul 18, 2021
C. Taylor & B. Croft led the U15 Mount Saints in the 2nd half. Hearing both have committed to the U17 team for next season. Look for these 2 to have a great season and being placed on that list somewhere close to the top as well.
Croft led the 2006 spring league before returning home to Nova Scotia before lockdown, he & Taylor just came off a great showcase this weekend in Pei. R.Aiken is also someone to watch this upcoming season between the pipes.
There are a lot of names people aren’t listing that are going to make a huge splash this coming year wait and see

1971fan

Jul 13, 2021
I knew mount has showcase this weekend, if taylor committed to mount then I’m kinda disappointed cause I was hoping to see him in ktown, I can’t comment on Croft as I don’t know him

HKY99

Oct 2, 2020
I knew mount has showcase this weekend, if taylor committed to mount then I’m kinda disappointed cause I was hoping to see him in ktown, I can’t comment on Croft as I don’t know him
I heard the Mount had a showcase, were any of you Islanders there to watch? any top kids there or who looked good? just curious

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->