2022 QMJHL Draft

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019
I wouldn't be surprised. Here in Mtl there's a lot of uncertainty right now. Nobody knows what's going to happen with the 2005 draft and even if they go ahead more or less on schedule those kids won't be ready for major junior without having played any MDAAA. So there will be a backlog of players spilling down to Midget Espoir. I know a couple of kids who went the prep school route last fall and they managed to play a full season while our guys here were spinning their wheels.
The draft will happen and teams will sign their first rounders and a handful of 2nd rounders. They have no choice, they need to keep the cupboards full and can't afford to let a first or 2nd round pick walk to a U.S. prep. It may require a little more patience as they work them into the line-up. I think you will always have the prep school draw for first year U18's, for some it's a great option. If you look thru the U18 rosters in Quebec, there are 17 year olds on every roster that are moving on, there should be room for plenty of top end 06's.

dwgs

Apr 23, 2019
The draft will happen and teams will sign their first rounders and a handful of 2nd rounders. They have no choice, they need to keep the cupboards full and can't afford to let a first or 2nd round pick walk to a U.S. prep. It may require a little more patience as they work them into the line-up. I think you will always have the prep school draw for first year U18's, for some it's a great option. If you look thru the U18 rosters in Quebec, there are 17 year olds on every roster that are moving on, there should be room for plenty of top end 06's.
They'll sign them but will they play them? Maybe mid-season after they've had some time to play MDAAA for a while.

maritimecoach007

Mar 28, 2021
I've had a chance to watch the NB and PEI 06/07s quite regularly and here is what I have seen.

I really like from NB;

Alex Lavoie- Northern
Nic Nadeau- Moncton
Spencer Gill- Moncton
Zach Wheelee- Moncton
Jaxon Pierce- Fredricton
Gabe Smith- KV
Connor Arsenault- Saint John

Liam Kilfoil has been a standout 07 as well. I don't know if it will happen but I think he has a case to play U18 major as an underage player next year, maybe others disagree with this, I'd be interested to here opinions on this.

For the PEI 06 group it is strong once again as were the 05 group before them. I like what I've seen this year from quite a few;

Ross Campbell
Evan Nicholson
Dawson Sharkey
Matthew MacLean
Hudson Bradley
Mason Power

All from the Eastern Express as well as

Lincoln Waugh
Ethan Dickson
Colby Hudson
Carson Griffin
George Gallant

All from Prince County.

I also like White and Hughes for Central, they were a small bright spot in a tough season for them.

Alex Keus and Austin Walker from Eastern have looked like extremely strong players in the 07 Island group from what I've seen.

Due to the ongoing issue with the major U15 league on PEI with lopsided scores, and the powers at be at HPEI not understanding how they are stunting development of our young players, I would assume we will see this continue.
It is my opinion that HPEI should move to a model where they proactively decide season to season, how the splitting of the district's for player allocation will be completed for the best provincial competition and showcase the best 72-80 U15 players on PEI provincially year to year. I know this is an issue across Canada at every level but it seems to be a consistent issue in PEIs Major U15 league. It happens at the Major U18 level as well and needs to be addressed. If this was cleaned up I think you would see a jump in the number of island born players in major Junior hockey year if year.
Because of this above issue, I assume they may never get a look or consideration but there is also a trio of skaters at the U15 minor level on PEI that I like what I have seen from them this year as well and in my opinion have solid potential in Tyson McGrath, Connor Gotell and Rowan Walker who are in the Eastern Express U15 district.

It is always good to see the Maritime provinces continually graduating a solid number of players into Canadian major Junior hockey and I wish these guys the best of luck on that quest.

I'd be interested to hear others opinions what have gotten to view the 06/07 group from NB and PEI and also to learn more about the prospects in NS and the NB private school league for the 06/07s as well!

I guess the 2006 players haven't had the chance to shine much yet because of the situation, especially in Quebec, but I'll go with what I've seen last year in Quebec and what I've seen so far in the Atlantics this year.

Overall, I don't think this is a special draft, much like the 2005s, the 2006s look about average compared to previous years, certainly far from the 03s.

In Nova Scotia, the guys from Halifax look the best... Owen Phillips, Reece Peitzsche and Quinn Kennedy all look like high-end players that could get selected high in the first round.

Dominic MacKenzie is another two-way defenseman with a lot of skill and hockey sense that could be considered a first round talent.

As far as I am concerned the 06s of Nova Scotia are miles above the 05s which were quite weak.

In New Brunswick it's just the opposite. The 05s are pretty strong, but 06s are weaker. I have yet to see a guy I would rank as a first rounder but we will see what time brings.

PEI has another good year. I particularly like Ross Campbell, Matthew MacLean and Justin Smith. Lincoln Waugh, Dawson Sharkey, Mason Power and Ethan Dickson are others to keep track of. Evan Nicholson also has upside. I think it's a fairly strong year for PEI, might have 2 or 3 first round players in there.

When it comes to the Quebec guys, I think Eliot Litalien and Alexis Michaud from Blizzard are close to the top. I haven't seen Xavier Veilleux play yet but his stats are great too.

Adam Fortier-Gendron who already plays in Midget AAA obviously should be considered as a first round talent. Samuel Leonard and Tomas Lavoie should join him next year as good prospects for Esther-Blondin.

Jeremy Leroux and Sacha Boisvert who have gone to play Prep School hockey are two other high-end prospects.

Gabriel D'Aigle from Noir et Or may be the best goalie I've seen at his age so far in Quebec.

Gatineau has a couple of good prospects in Vincent Murray and Marek Legault.

Levis will have a good depth of prospects, most notably with Justin Carbonneau, Thomas Desruisseaux and Matt Gosselin.

It looks like Trois-Rivieres will have a few good players of their own with Alexis Doucet and Felix Lacerte.

Other players that I think could be high picks are Justin Poirier, Olivier Lemieux, Marek Beaudoin, Mathias Gilbert, Evan Depatie, Louka Langlois, Bill Zonnon, Corey Tannahill, Julien Lanthier...

It will be fun to follow this draft class around, a lot of good young prospects as always. Who are some other players that could make a difference in the QMJHL in a few years?

QuebecMaritimeScout

Apr 22, 2021
I guess the 2006 players haven't had the chance to shine much yet because of the situation, especially in Quebec, but I'll go with what I've seen last year in Quebec and what I've seen so far in the Atlantics this year.

Overall, I don't think this is a special draft, much like the 2005s, the 2006s look about average compared to previous years, certainly far from the 03s.

In Nova Scotia, the guys from Halifax look the best... Owen Phillips, Reece Peitzsche and Quinn Kennedy all look like high-end players that could get selected high in the first round.

Dominic MacKenzie is another two-way defenseman with a lot of skill and hockey sense that could be considered a first round talent.

As far as I am concerned the 06s of Nova Scotia are miles above the 05s which were quite weak.

In New Brunswick it's just the opposite. The 05s are pretty strong, but 06s are weaker. I have yet to see a guy I would rank as a first rounder but we will see what time brings.

PEI has another good year. I particularly like Ross Campbell, Matthew MacLean and Justin Smith. Lincoln Waugh, Dawson Sharkey, Mason Power and Ethan Dickson are others to keep track of. Evan Nicholson also has upside. I think it's a fairly strong year for PEI, might have 2 or 3 first round players in there.

When it comes to the Quebec guys, I think Eliot Litalien and Alexis Michaud from Blizzard are close to the top. I haven't seen Xavier Veilleux play yet but his stats are great too.

Adam Fortier-Gendron who already plays in Midget AAA obviously should be considered as a first round talent. Samuel Leonard and Tomas Lavoie should join him next year as good prospects for Esther-Blondin.

Jeremy Leroux and Sacha Boisvert who have gone to play Prep School hockey are two other high-end prospects.

Gabriel D'Aigle from Noir et Or may be the best goalie I've seen at his age so far in Quebec.

Gatineau has a couple of good prospects in Vincent Murray and Marek Legault.

Levis will have a good depth of prospects, most notably with Justin Carbonneau, Thomas Desruisseaux and Matt Gosselin.

It looks like Trois-Rivieres will have a few good players of their own with Alexis Doucet and Felix Lacerte.

Other players that I think could be high picks are Justin Poirier, Olivier Lemieux, Marek Beaudoin, Mathias Gilbert, Evan Depatie, Louka Langlois, Bill Zonnon, Corey Tannahill, Julien Lanthier...

It will be fun to follow this draft class around, a lot of good young prospects as always. Who are some other players that could make a difference in the QMJHL in a few years?

Some guys from Quebec. Gentlemen please give me your thoughts on these players.

Tyron Fevry - Tyron Fevry at eliteprospects.com

Jeremy Leroux - Jérémy Leroux at eliteprospects.com

Sacha Boisvert - Sacha Boisvert at eliteprospects.com

Gabriel D'Aigle - Gabriel D'Aigle at eliteprospects.com

Justin Dumais - Justin Dumais at eliteprospects.com

Gabriel L'Etoile - Gabriel L'Étoile at eliteprospects.com

Bill Zonnon - Bill Zonnon at eliteprospects.com

Yanik Felesakis - Yanik Felesakis at eliteprospects.com

Adam Fortier-Gendron - Adam Fortier-Gendron at eliteprospects.com

Ty Henry - https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/597542/ty-henry

Last edited by a moderator:

dwgs

Apr 23, 2019

Ty Henry - Ty Henry at eliteprospects.com

I'm curious, why some of those players in particular? A lot of them wouldn't be leading lights (not saying they're bad players)

SWNBhockey

Apr 22, 2021
Liam Kilfoil has been a standout 07 as well. I don't know if it will happen but I think he has a case to play U18 major as an underage player next year, maybe others disagree with this, I'd be interested to here opinions on this.

Kilfoil dressed and played a regular shift for the Vitos in their elimination game vs Fredericton and has been offered a spot for next year but word is he is headed to prep school in the US. Has offers from multiple schools down there so i've heard.

He will be one to watch in the coming years.

Will be interesting to see how the Vitos shape up next year the 06 group around Saint John is a strong group. Lots of players that could likely play but not that many spots up for grabs.

HKY99

Oct 2, 2020

Ty Henry - Ty Henry at eliteprospects.com
Just checked your list on Elite P and only 3 kids looked like they have played this yr. Dumais and Henry play on BK Selects and Boisvert plays for Mount Saint Charles all these Quebec kids will get to experience the U14 Tier 1 Nationals in Dallas Tex next week...also a side note, these kids have 2 Maritime kids for teammates...Wil Shields plays for BK and is having a great yr, also Tyler Wood plays with Boisvert and is a big power forward who scores.

dwgs

Apr 23, 2019
Henry didn't finish the season at BK, came home a few weeks ago. Not sure where or if he will play next year.

dwgs

Apr 23, 2019
I gotta ask, why Felesakis? He had 3 points on a bad team in his only season of AAA. I saw someone pumping his tires on another thread but I just assume it was his dad.

iloveprospectcrazy1

Oct 2, 2020
I gotta ask, why Felesakis? He had 3 points on a bad team in his only season of AAA. I saw someone pumping his tires on another thread but I just assume it was his dad.

I honestly recommend you delete that comment it looks really bad on the kid, also I think its just cause of his views people want to find out more on him and why he has so many views.

dwgs

Apr 23, 2019
Okay, I'll play your game. Where is he playing now? Where has he played since he left the Lions? Why did he leave the Lions mid-season?

iloveprospectcrazy1

Oct 2, 2020
Okay, I'll play your game. Where is he playing now? Where has he played since he left the Lions? Why did he leave the Lions mid-season?

I dont know any of that information, hes top 10 in views in Quebec (2006) that where the list was taken from.

dwgs

Apr 23, 2019
He played a total of 18 games at AAA, was asked to leave a bad team that is perennially in search of players, and got cut from a neighbouring association who are also weak. We all want our kids to do well but you're not doing him any favours by agitating like this. I have seen him play, I know that cohort very well, you should just stop.

iloveprospectcrazy1

Oct 2, 2020
He played a total of 18 games at AAA, was asked to leave a bad team that is perennially in search of players, and got cut from a neighbouring association who are also weak. We all want our kids to do well but you're not doing him any favours by agitating like this. I have seen him play, I know that cohort very well, you should just stop.

In all do respect Sir, this is what people look at Elite Prospects - Advanced Hockey Player Search dob=2006&birthplace=QC%2C+CAN&view=views

For me I want to learn about more players to see what is coming up in the following years of drafts, also for Felesakis it shows he played Peewee AAA M and Bantam AAA R, As well there are many players that only show 1 year played on ep like Fevry, Zonnon only has 1 season with stats. That 10 player list was clearly copy pasted.

Im just a 22 year old university student trying to deeper learn about prospects.

May I ask where you get your information? Maybe it can be a source I can learn from too?

Last edited:

dwgs

Apr 23, 2019
In all do respect Sir, this is what people look at Elite Prospects - Advanced Hockey Player Search dob=2006&birthplace=QC%2C+CAN&view=views

For me I want to learn about more players to see what is coming up in the following years of drafts, also for Felesakis it shows he played Peewee AAA M and Bantam AAA R, As well there are many players that only show 1 year played on ep like Fevry, Zonnon only has 1 season with stats. That 10 player list was clearly copy pasted.

Im just a 22 year old university student trying to deeper learn about prospects.

May I ask where you get your information? Maybe it can be a source I can learn from too?
I'm well aware of Elite Prospects, my kid is in the top 30 for points, I suggest that you look at results and not page views to rank players.

Last edited:

dwgs

Apr 23, 2019
What is your sons name?
Here's the link to the stats from the last season they played,
https://masculin.lheq.ca/fr/stats/classement_joueur.html?season=2295&subSeason=2296&category=1760

You can try to figure it out, I'm not here to brag about my kid, whatever he achieves he does it on his own. I was just pointing out that I know that group of kids very well. We're not with the Lions but I'm friendly with some families who play there so I have a pretty good idea of what goes on in that association.
If you truly are just a young guy trying to figure out the league it's a bit odd that aside from your post asking if anyone has a paid membership at EP every other post you have made is promoting a certain player.

iloveprospectcrazy1

Oct 2, 2020

I asked some people that know more than me and gave me some information, Felesakis left the neighbouring association for school hockey. Also when you search him up it brings up the school he went to.

iloveprospectcrazy1

Oct 2, 2020
Here's the link to the stats from the last season they played,
https://masculin.lheq.ca/fr/stats/classement_joueur.html?season=2295&subSeason=2296&category=1760

You can try to figure it out, I'm not here to brag about my kid, whatever he achieves he does it on his own. I was just pointing out that I know that group of kids very well. We're not with the Lions but I'm friendly with some families who play there so I have a pretty good idea of what goes on in that association.
If you truly are just a young guy trying to figure out the league it's a bit odd that aside from your post asking if anyone has a paid membership at EP every other post you have made is promoting a certain player.

Do you have any idea of some young guys from this league who have potential to be drafted?

dwgs

Apr 23, 2019
Do you have any idea of some young guys from this league who have potential to be drafted?
NHL drafted? A lot of them aren't even 15 yet, let's pump the brakes on the idea that any of them are likely to be drafted. Right now they are all focused on MDAAA tryouts this summer. We can start talking about the Q draft prospects...

iloveprospectcrazy1

Oct 2, 2020
NHL drafted? A lot of them aren't even 15 yet, let's pump the brakes on the idea that any of them are likely to be drafted. Right now they are all focused on MDAAA tryouts this summer. We can start talking about the Q draft prospects...

Yes, Q prospects.

ATLHockeywatcher

Feb 25, 2020
Kilfoil dressed and played a regular shift for the Vitos in their elimination game vs Fredericton and has been offered a spot for next year but word is he is headed to prep school in the US. Has offers from multiple schools down there so i've heard.

He will be one to watch in the coming years.

Will be interesting to see how the Vitos shape up next year the 06 group around Saint John is a strong group. Lots of players that could likely play but not that many spots up for grabs.
Vito's will have a strong program next year with many returning 05 players and some top 2006's in the mix. Some of the 2006's may end up playing a year on the newly announced Midget Minor team just because there will not be enough room on the Major Team.

iScoutMostQprospects

May 12, 2021
Tyron Fevry

Scouting Report : Fevry possesses a strong explosive offensive game, his speed allows him to create space and get him into scoring areas. He has an amazing set of skills which allow him to stand out above others. What sets him apart from others is definitely his explosiveness and scoring ability.

Elite Prospects : Tyron Fevry at eliteprospects.com

iScoutMostQprospects

May 12, 2021
Jérémy Leroux

Scouting Report : Leroux possesses a great amount of skill and hockey IQ, his IQ allows to see and find plays other players can't. It also allows him to create a lot of offensive chances and opportunities which definitely sets him apart from others.

Elite Prospects : Jérémy Leroux at eliteprospects.com

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad