Celtics/NBA 2022 Playoffs- Part 6 - The NBA Finals - Celtics go back to Boston trailing 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
For the record, I bet on the Celtics to win the Eastern conference in late February.

Did my best to keep the schtick going, which obviously some of you appreciated. Those who had no idea what was going on and hurling insults at me? Thank you, it was hilarious. I couldn't acknowledge how funny it was without breaking character, but I sure did enjoy it.
This is why I love you Mike.

Great stuff

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I hate this little bitch Curry so much

Crying and claiming nobody expected them to be there. You're the f***ing warriors, are you serious? Everyone picked them to win. And they won like the last 7 titles aside from that one injury year and he's still crying like a baby

Reactions: CrazyMonkey1208

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
For the record, I bet on the Celtics to win the Eastern conference in late February.

Did my best to keep the schtick going, which obviously some of you appreciated. Those who had no idea what was going on and hurling insults at me? Thank you, it was hilarious. I couldn't acknowledge how funny it was without breaking character, but I sure did enjoy it.
A toast. You almost reverse jinxed Boston a championship

Reactions: EverettMike

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Tatum id keep an eye on, like hockey some players just can’t adapt well to more physical play in the playoffs. Id give him another go but he no shows next playoffs they may need to look elsewhere

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I actually like Kerr and don't really have a problem with Curry.

Wiggins was damn good for them this series.
I’ve been a big Kerr fan from his playing days and I actually like Curry a lot. Sure is he over the top at times yes but he’s damn good at basketball and he’s a really good guy off the court.

I want to know about the injuries and if any of the guys will need surgery.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Crying and claiming nobody expected them to be there. You're the f***ing warriors, are you serious? Everyone picked them to win. And they won like the last 7 titles aside from that one injury year and he's still crying like a baby

They hadn't made the playoffs the last 2 year, and were predicted around 6th in West in preseason. And the stats geeks at 538 had the Celtics at an 86% chance of winning the series.

honestly I should check 538 now, they still may have Boston as 25% chance of winning the series, as their calculators can't process what happened

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Still do whatever to move some of those bigger salaries to match for a legit 3rd guy. This series showed why it's needed.

They can use that Fournier trade.excsption until mid July I believe. Plenty of time to work something out around that, a ton of futures, one of smart/white, and someone like Pritchard.

Reactions: Maine Fan

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Tatum id keep an eye on, like hockey some players just can’t adapt well to more physical play in the playoffs. Id give him another go but he no shows next playoffs they may need to look elsewhere
Was perfectly fine in the more physical series against Milwaukee and Miami, just saying.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
I’ve been a big Kerr fan from his playing days and I actually like Curry a lot. Sure is he over the top at times yes but he’s damn good at basketball and he’s a really good guy off the court.

Kerr's just a solid guy. I respect the hell out of him. Yeah coaching is overrated in the NBA but he's still damn good.

Curry's just great. Best shooter I've ever seen. Yeah, he's cocky as hell, but who isn't in this league? He's also a pretty good guy off the court.

Reactions: Alicat

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

Meh. I’d rather be Curry, sobbing into his trophies, than the Celtics, whom are sitting in their locker room sans nuts

Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Curry is a cocky bastard. But he backs it up. He's laughing. Then he's crying.

You talk shit? You better back it up.

He backed it up.

We f***ed up with the turnovers. We choked away game 4. Against good teams you can't do that. Learning curve. 1st year with Ime. No doubt they'll be back here again. Changes need to be made. And I expect it to happen. It SUCKS losing on your home court. But they'll be better for it.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Kerr's just a solid guy. I respect the hell out of him. Yeah coaching is overrated in the NBA but he's still damn good.

Curry's just great. Best shooter I've ever seen. Yeah, he's cocky as hell, but who isn't in this league? He's also a pretty good guy off the court.

People don’t understand that 90% of coaching in pro basketball + baseball is managing personalities. And as far as that goes I think Kerr is tops in the league. He’s a top 2 coach overall FOR SURE, only Spoelstra gives him a run imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad