CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
E56C9504-A5E3-40DE-9231-E7522368AF7C.png

Schroder still pulling for us

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Damn. I kinda feel bad. He's got our logo on him and he ain't even on the team anymore.

Actually, I hope that's just somebody's random tattoo lol
I’m sure he doesn’t regret the tattoo, it’s part of his life story. It’s a great logo at that too ;)

This coming from somebody who will probably regret some of his tattoos in a couple years lol but whatever they’re hilarious now

Reactions: Alicat

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
If the Celtics win the title --- I wonder if there's some metric to determine if they are the most:

"crapped on" championship team in history?

I mean fans have been very hard on this group -- even after January 1 and throughout the playoffs.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
If the Celtics win the title --- I wonder if there's some metric to determine if they are the most:

I mean fans have been very hard on this group -- even after January 1 and throughout the playoffs.
Yeah fans have been but they definitely deserved it early on, and even through the playoffs they’ve been kind of a tough watch at times, very frustrating. It’s like the tale of two teams.

Reactions: sarge88

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016

They honestly deserved it. They blew a few games these playoffs that luckily didn't come back to bite them.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Yeah fans have been but they definitely deserved it early on, and even through the playoffs they’ve been kind of a tough watch at times, very frustrating. It’s like the tale of two teams.

It's funny -- just the nature of basketball, I guess in that when it's done right, it looks easy.

My wife, who never played has asked me at least 5 times during this run:

Why don't they just do that play where they throw it up and Rob Williams dunks it for an easy basket all the time?

When I try to explain (even with video) how tough it is to set that up --- she just says -- well they do it sometimes, why not more?

lol

I think sometimes we think it's easier than it is.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
It's funny -- just the nature of basketball, I guess in that when it's done right, it looks easy.

Why don't they just do that play where they throw it up and Rob Williams dunks it for an easy basket all the time?

When I try to explain (even with video) how tough it is to set that up --- she just says -- well they do it sometimes, why not more?

lol

I think sometimes we think it's easier than it is.
Yeah for sure but I think it’s more their lack of focus sometimes and going back to iso ball chucking up 3s and whining about calls.

When they’re on its fantastic.

Reactions: sarge88

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
I placed the Celtics flag on my car since the playoff began ( & bruins ), today the flag was being acknowledged by other drivers blowing their horns. I love when our teams reach the finals. Now back to the front lawn & front windows...lol & I will be 63 in July !

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC

That reminds me of a funny story about my Grandma - I was watching a game in the mid-70's between the Bruins and Montreal on a Saturday night and it was your usual " Montreal winning and Boston hitting anything not wearing black " type of game when my Grandma walked into the living room, watched about 30 seconds of action and then said something like " if they put 2 pucks out there they might not fight so much to get it ". Now how could I possibly argue logic like that ???? :dunno:

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
If the Celtics go down to the Warriors, that game 6 at home is going to loom large. They missed a huge chance to get guys like Robert Williams some extra rest. He looked like a shell of himself in game 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad