Celtics/NBA 2022 Playoffs- Part 4- Eastern Conference Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Good luck figuring out this series. Honestly might come down to who can gut it out and play hurt.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Ummmmm this front page seems to be missing something

1653405394857.png

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Sorry hugely overrated offensive player and somewhat overrated defensive player. They do not turnover the ball, they win. Smart whatever else you want to say, is good for long rebounding bricks and turnovers.
Smart: 30 TOs, 2.5 TOs a game, and hasn't had more than 4 in any game these playoffs.

Tatum: 63 TOs, 4.2 a game. Three games with 7 TOs and two with 6.

Brown: 42 TOs, 2.8 a game. Two games with 7.

Whose the outlier here?

Reactions: lopey

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
This is a strange series. I hope Boston moves on to the Championship series with the West. Then I hope they win that series to be the NBA Champion.

With it all, I have enjoyed it. I have been frustrated, but it is all worth it if they win it all.

Go Celtics

Reactions: pgm16

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Sorry hugely overrated offensive player and somewhat overrated defensive player. They do not turnover the ball, they win. Smart whatever else you want to say, is good for long rebounding bricks and turnovers.

Tatum is the turnover machine...not Smart.

Smart has 5 turnovers in 2 games this series...Tatum has 19 in 4 games and 13 of them in the 2 losses.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
He was also +31 in game 2. You're going to find outliers with any player in any statistic looking at single game samples
True, but I think the +31 is the obvious outlier.
I do not like Smart. He is a good team defender, but not good against quicker guys and a mediocre ball handler who is as interested in himself and the spotlight as he is in winning. Playing a hobbling Smart is a bad idea.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
True, but I think the +31 is the obvious outlier.
I do not like Smart. He is a good team defender, but not good against quicker guys and a mediocre ball handler who is as interested in himself and the spotlight as he is in winning. Playing a hobbling Smart is a bad idea.
Smart reminds me of Isaiah Thomas in regards to his self promotion “back up the brinks truck”.. that’s something Smart would also say. Be cool. Play well, let your play do the talking and you’ll be paid accordingly

Reactions: quietbruinfan

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
If only the celts had a unit that could run or at least play up-tempo, they could win easily. The Heat are legitimately injured. It isn't enough to keep any of them out of the games, but it obviously hurts them going up and down the court and moving laterally.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Congrats to Tatum. I believe this means he can ask for about 10 million more on his max contract.
Really? I thought that ship already sailed last season

Udoka should really be COY. Due to his hiring and role shaping. Grant became a bonafide 3 and D player, Smart became DPOY, Tatum made 1st all team .... and he didnt even have his best scoring output season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad