Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
BHR-L-frontpage-220530-A001-1.jpg

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
Just a few quick notes:

1. they had a pretty good road game 7 against an outstanding Miami-defense. I don't agree with the takes that it's been a bad series overall, it was just not as exciting and close as the games could have been, but that is not a detriment against either team. In the end, I feel the Celtics had more weapons and ideally should have finished it off after 6, maybe sooner, but they have the tendency to get complacent.

2. Kudos to the Heat. Actually not a unlikeable team. Butler has always been a decent guy, just as Adebayo. Only Lowry is embarrassing, I actually don't think that even Smart is on that level.

3. I am siding with the nerds and expect the C's to beat the Dubs. As stated many times before: They match up well and are not afraid to win on the road. The Dubs may have looked pretty good so far in this playoffs, but their opponents weren't on the same level as the eastern conference juggernaut the Celtics had to survive. What IMO will make a difference is their size advantage.

Reactions: Maine Fan and CDJ

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Fell asleep 78-67 figuring they are ahead I’m tired I’ll tape and watch tomorrow rest of game

I miss anything

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Some people were saying after the game 6 loss, that the Celtics had zero percent chance to win game 7, well guess they proved them wrong. The Celtics can win at home or anywhere on the road.

Reactions: Alicat

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I can live with those Smart shots at the end, he just has to make some them next time. They’re open looks.

He pissed me off when he tried to go behind his back with a dribble in traffic while bringing it up and almost lost the ball. I was gonna punch a hole in my TV if he did that. That was in the middle of his missed shot bonanza at the end. Also when he tried to let the ball go out of bounds instead of just grabbing it

Reactions: Alicat

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
I can live with those Smart shots at the end, he just has to make some them next time. They’re open looks.

He pissed me off when he tried to go behind his back with a dribble in traffic while bringing it up and almost lost the ball. I was gonna punch a hole in my TV if he did that. That was in the middle of his missed shot bonanza at the end. Also when he tried to let the ball go out of bounds instead of just grabbing it
He had space though to get a little closer, the missed 3's allowed the Heat to get out in transition. However, this is Marcus Smart, he did prevent Butler from going off in the 2nd half.

Reactions: Maine Fan and CDJ

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Some people were saying after the game 6 loss, that the Celtics had zero percent chance to win game 7, well guess they proved them wrong. The Celtics can win at home or anywhere on the road.
I did but it was for reverse effect / I had no idea how I would feel till I saw on Comcast 15 minutes before the Celtics players huddling in hall but there was no Williams visible. I went to Twitter and they said he was in.

I felt good about it but when Miami has Jimmy Butler, Bam and Lowry and that coach they could get beat. Herro could be a game changing wild card but he didn’t look good in warmups

The Heat with health and one more very good G player could take down anyone

Jimmy Butler presence reminds me of the Barkley

Reactions: bbfan419

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
The only shot Smart put up late that i didn't like was the one just before Butler's heat check 3. He had Horford and Brown wide open and drove into a crowded paint and threw up a shot. The 3 pointers were wide open and the nearest defender was closer to the restricted area than Smart when he started going up with the shots, you can live with it if he misses those.

I like the matchup against the Warriors. They were a top 5 defense in the regular season but i think they have a lot of guys you can isolate and attack. Jokic with a bunch of bench players averaged 31 against them, Morant 38 when he was healthy and his team is similar to the IT celtics and Doncic averaged 32. None of those teams had another guy like Brown who can put up the kind of points the star of the team can. C's have the length and switchability that most team don't have when playing the Warriors. If they can play with the kind of consistency that they did at the end of the Nets games instead of how they did from Game 5 in the Bucks series i think they will win the championship.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
The only shot Smart put up late that i didn't like was the one just before Butler's heat check 3. He had Horford and Brown wide open and drove into a crowded paint and threw up a shot. The 3 pointers were wide open and the nearest defender was closer to the restricted area than Smart when he started going up with the shots, you can live with it if he misses those.

I like the matchup against the Warriors. They were a top 5 defense in the regular season but i think they have a lot of guys you can isolate and attack. Jokic with a bunch of bench players averaged 31 against them, Morant 38 when he was healthy and his team is similar to the IT celtics and Doncic averaged 32. None of those teams had another guy like Brown who can put up the kind of points the star of the team can. C's have the length and switchability that most team don't have when playing the Warriors. If they can play with the kind of consistency that they did at the end of the Nets games instead of how they did from Game 5 in the Bucks series i think they will win the championship.
I agree with all of this.

Celtics defense, and having a legitimate second option after Tatum should bring them banner 18.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
The key is beating GS up inside. Horford, Timelord and Brown can feast against their front line.

Own the paint and this is winnable, try to beat them in a shooting contest and they're DOA

Reactions: Alicat and CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
If that Jimmy Butler 3 went down I may have died.

My dog was hiding behind the chair. Made me feel bad, I blame Kyle Lowry for making me yell at him for flopping and scaring my dog

Reactions: KrejciMVP

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

My dog was hiding behind the chair. Made me feel bad, I blame Kyle Lowry for making me yell at him for flopping and scaring my dog

I was clenching my cheeks in fear. I was crouching in front of the tv trying to not be loud because people were sleeping but man... that was a moment.

Reactions: pgm16 and CDJ

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL

My wife heard me swearing in the 4th quarter while she was sleeping or trying to sleep. While I was getting ready for bed, she opened her eyes & gave me a thumbs up, I responded with a thumbs up. Life was good !

Reactions: Alicat and CDJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln