Celtics/NBA 2022 Playoffs Part 3: Round 3: Series tied 2-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Jaylen is getting 29-9-3 these ECF, he ain’t an issue. Especially now that Giannis can’t get him screened onto him anymore

Reactions: Mione134

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Timelord is better than Nurkic. Not particularly close either. So Nurkic is making all that money to come off the bench, get hurt, and then get hunted come playoff time.

Being a 4th quarter player a bad thing now? He carried the team in an ECF game and almost led a 25 pt comeback with their superstar playing like trash
I disagree completely but difference of opinion is fine.

And that’s not what I said. It’s saying that’s predominantly what he is. Also he had to t honk the highest or close to ur turnover rate in the entire division one of college basketball his draft year and I’m sorry but he hasn’t cleaned that up which is crazy. He may have scored a lot yesterday but you’re always going to get inflated point totals from guys when you go down 25.

Jaylen is getting 29-9-3 these ECF, he ain’t an issue. Especially now that Giannis can’t get him screened onto him anymore
His turnovers per usual hurt them more than his points helped

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I disagree completely but difference of opinion is fine.

And that’s not what I said. It’s saying that’s predominantly what he is. Also he had to t honk the highest or close to ur turnover rate in the entire division one of college basketball his draft year and I’m sorry but he hasn’t cleaned that up which is crazy. He may have scored a lot yesterday but you’re always going to get inflated point totals from guys when you go down 25.

His turnovers per usual hurt them more than his points helped
No offense but If you think 3 turnovers a game outweights 29 PPG you belong in an insane asylum

“Inflate scoring totals down 25” or “led them to within 1 point with a minute and change left”? Just preposterous takes left and right, you’re actively looking to deny him credit for the good he does.

He went 22-5-4 against Brooklyn and 22-7-3.5 against Milwaukee. He’s a very good #2

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
No offense but If you think 3 turnovers a game outweights 29 PPG you belong in an insane asylum

“Inflate scoring totals down 25” or “led them to within 1 point with a minute and change left”? Just preposterous takes left and right

He went 22-5-4 against Brooklyn and 22-7-3.5 against Milwaukee. He’s a very good #2
He was the worst player in both quarters that essentially ended both games this series

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
He was the worst player in both quarters that essentially ended both games this series
Must not have watched Tatum last night. He got BENCHED in the 1st. Jaylen had the best +/- in the starting 5

you’re actively looking to discredit even the good things he does, it’s a non-serious position

Instead of acting like the dude who scored 40 did more bad then good last night maybe redirect your attention to the superstar that almost had more turnovers than points. And I’m as high on Tatum as it gets- last night was a complete no-show from him and that’s why they lost.

Celtics in 6

Last edited:
Reactions: Mione134

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Must not have watched Tatum last night. He got BENCHED in the 1st. Jaylen had the best +/- in the starting 5

you’re actively looking to discredit even the good things he does, it’s a non-serious position

Instead of acting like the dude who scored 40 did more bad then good last night maybe redirect your attention to the superstar that almost had more turnovers than points. And I’m as high on Tatum as it gets- last night was a complete no-show from him.
I’m really not and by the way I’m more than happy to be wrong and have them win a championship with him as the #2.

Tatum was the worst player on the floor last night. I’m also not willing to overlook how awful brown was again because he ended up scoring 40

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I’m really not and by the way I’m more than happy to be wrong and have them win a championship with him as the #2.

Tatum was the worst player on the floor last night. I’m also not willing to overlook how awful brown was again because he ended up scoring 40

now Jaylen was “awful” last night lmao. Yeah like I said, you’re just out to lunch to here. Not a person to be taken seriously when it comes to Jaylen, duly noted.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
How did they get down 25?
Collective shit effort. Were you seriously going to say “Jaylen Brown” there? You really are not to be taken seriously on this matter if that’s the case sheeeeeesh. Didn’t realize Jaylen was guarding Bam.

How did they get within 1? Perhaps the guy responsible for half their offense?

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Collective shit effort. Were you seriously going to say “Jaylen Brown” there? You really are not to be taken seriously on this matter if that’s the case sheeeeeesh. Didn’t realize Jaylen was guarding Bam.

How did they get within 1? Perhaps the guy responsible for half their offense?
Bam went off cause Williams was out and the coach decided to start Theis.

Brown is the number two option on this team. With the number one being the worst player on the court he had to take on the scoring and he did. That’s great. But he was a major liability with the ball in the first half and the major reason they got down like that is the same reason they did in Q3 of game 1: they couldn’t barely even get the ball up the court. Brown was turned over multiple times but he corpse of Oladipo.

We already know Brown can score 20 in the fourth

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Bam went off cause Williams was out and the coach decided to start Theis.

Brown is the number two option on this team. With the number one being the worst player on the court he had to take on the scoring and he did. That’s great. But he was a major liability with the ball in the first half and the major reason they got down like that is the same reason they did in Q3 of game 1: they couldn’t barely even get the ball up the court. Brown was turned over multiple times but he corpse of Oladipo.

We already know Brown can score 20 in the fourth
Agreed, that’s absolutely why Bam went off. I think Tatum playing like dogshit and Bam owning us early were the 2 biggest factors in the loss. Truly a collective shit effort.

I don’t think he’s ever a major liability with the ball if he has 40 points. That outweighs 7 turnovers, even if it’s far from ideal. His usage rate was high so the turnovers will naturally increase with that. Does he make me shout curse after curse at the TV when he dribbles it off his foot twice a game? Of course. He has frustrating turnovers. The good almost always outweighs the bad with him though and last night isn’t an exception to that. I have a hard time blaming the guy who dropped 40 when there were much larger culprits (everybody else not named Smart and Horford)

That ability to score 20 in the 4th ain’t easy to find fwiw

Reactions: N o o d l e s

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Agreed, that’s absolutely why Bam went off. I think Tatum playing like dogshit and Bam owning us early were the 2 biggest factors in the loss. Truly a collective shit effort.

I don’t think he’s ever a major liability with the ball if he has 40 points. That outweighs 7 turnovers, even if it’s far from ideal. His usage rate was high so the turnovers will naturally increase with that. Does he make me shout curse after curse at the TV when he dribbles it off his foot twice a game? Of course. He has frustrating turnovers. The good almost always outweighs the bad with him though and last night isn’t an exception to that. I have a hard time blaming the guy who dropped 40 when there were much larger culprits (everybody else not named Smart and Horford)

That ability to score 20 in the 4th ain’t easy to find fwiw

I really do think he’s a major liability with the ball unless he has a shot set up for him or he’a slashing.

I’m not upset if he stays my whole point is really I have no problem if they upgrade on him in a trade and actually kind of hope it happens.

Regardless, again I hope I’m wrong

Reactions: CDJ

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
No Excuses for an potential NBA Championship team

24 turnovers, 19 steals against. They lost the ball on live dribbles 7 times. 5 times they threw the ball directly to Miami players. The Heat scored 33 points on Boston's Turnovers.

Jaylen had 1 assist and 7 turnovers.
Jason had 4 assists and 6 turnovers. Theis (2); Horford (3) & G.Williams (1) for another 6 turnovers. Total 19 turnovers from them. Need more be said? Pathetic.

Jaylen played 41 minutes and Jason played 40, Jaylen scored 40 points, Jason scored 10. What?

An off night? When Butler didn't play half a game?

I figured it out.

It was Robert Williams III's fault!!!!!

Maybe they should fire Cassidy as the coach. Can Tom "Fuvking" Brady play basketball?

Onto Game 4...... Go Celtics

• Haha
Reactions: pgm16

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
How did they get down 25?
The combination of jaylen, Tatum and smart having a bunch of turnovers. Also Theis was getting abused. On top of that Tatum and smart shot very poorly in the first on top of their turnovers.

Also never ideal when smart who was 6th in minutes played was a team worst -15 and Theis who played 11 minutes was a -13.

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
No Excuses for an potential NBA Championship team

24 turnovers, 19 steals against. They lost the ball on live dribbles 7 times. 5 times they threw the ball directly to Miami players. The Heat scored 33 points on Boston's Turnovers.

Jaylen had 1 assist and 7 turnovers.
Jason had 4 assists and 6 turnovers. Theis (2); Horford (3) & G.Williams (1) for another 6 turnovers. Total 19 turnovers from them. Need more be said? Pathetic.

Jaylen played 41 minutes and Jason played 40, Jaylen scored 40 points, Jason scored 10. What?

An off night? When Butler didn't play half a game?

I figured it out.

It was Robert Williams III's fault!!!!!

Maybe they should fire Cassidy as the coach. Can Tom "Fuvking" Brady play basketball?

Onto Game 4...... Go Celtics
On to game 4 my friend !

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I am not saying the series is over, but RW continues to have symptoms,Butler does not and I am at the acceptance stage of grieving. ...
They can win without Rob, but they just can't turn the ball over so recklessly like that.

However, we need Rob to get in the damn game. Limited minutes if you have to. But he's gotta play.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Another must win tonight for the Celtics. They've responded all year to adversity, time to step up again.

Reactions: pgm16
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad