Celtics/NBA 2022 Playoffs Part 3: Round 3: Series tied 2-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Have to have Robert Williams and if not have Grant start game 4. Game was decided by Adebayo torching Theis the first 10 minutes of the game.
Robert Williams should be playing. You don't play and then not play the next game due to soreness. It's the freaking ECF. Even if I grant that his knee undoubtedly feels different day to day, he should be suiting up for these games.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Give Robert Williams whatever numbing cream you got and get his ass back on the court.

Tatum better be doing passing drills all night tonight. Drink that milk. PJ Tucker should not be locking you up tonight.

You turn the ball over? You lose. Don't turn the ball over next game, we win.

Dumb loss. But the series is LONG from over.

Reactions: quietbruinfan

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
That's a pretty demoralizing loss. No Butler in the 2nd half, Miami were shooting lights out while the C's were missing and turning it over left and right yet they only were up 15 at the half. Also had one of the most generous whistles of the playoffs. The Heat are not only going to show up for 1 quarter the entire series, through 2 games the Heat have outscored the Celtics in 2 quarters and are up 2-1. Not good

Said it at the time but they should have kept Tatum's ass on the bench. They went on a 7-0 run between him laying on the floor, leaving the game and checking back in and Miami outscored the Celtics 14-11 the final 3:40. I think there was a bit of quit in Tatum tonight, double digit lead for Miami and he saw a way out until Brown cut it to 4 and he was back in.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I hold Boston coach responsible tonite Team was not ready to play .

The problem is that Theis sucks and brings nothing to the table in any capacity.

If he can just overcome that it will help.
Theis is a guy that can give your big guy a rest.Sadly Williams knee is bothering him and Theis is not no starter

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Like I said after game 2. People getting way to far ahead of themselves. This is another 7 games series

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Exactly what they cannot do and have a chance

Turnovers
Poor Shooting
Missed several layups
Stretches of not being able to score

All things that have haunted them at times all year

Reactions: quietbruinfan

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
People turning on this team and Tatum is predictable.

Celtics will rally and win tomorrow and will win the series.

Keep clutching your pearls and playing the blame game.

Plenty of shit went wrong last night but they clawed back despite everything.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
People turning on this team and Tatum is predictable.

Celtics will rally and win tomorrow and will win the series.

Keep clutching your pearls and playing the blame game.

Plenty of shit went wrong last night but they clawed back despite everything.
I don't think anyone is turning on them, just pointing out the issues with the team and these games. Until they win a championship, it's fair to question if they can imo

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Despite how they’ve turned the season around I still feel how I feel from November in regards to brown. I really think if there’s a trade to be made with Portland to acquire Lillard and Nurkic with him going the other way, you do it

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Despite how they’ve turned the season around I still feel how I feel from November in regards to brown. I really think if there’s a trade to be made with Portland to acquire Lillard and Nurkic with him going the other way, you do it

They’re not breaking up Jayson/Jaylen. Lillard is old and in decline and coming off injury. I would consider giving up my Celtics fandom if they made that trade. Nurkic does nothing for me. Going from Al to Nurkic and putting Lillard on the court makes them a lot easier to attack too. Like imagine having Nurkic on the floor last series instead of Horford- Giannis would have victimized us even more than he did. The defense needs everybody to be switchable. Nurkic and Lillard ain’t that

I am confident he will, but Brown has been dribbling the ball of his feet & defenders feet the whole playoffs. I said C's in 7 & stick by it.

Jaylen also had 40 last night on 14-20 shooting while Jayson looked like the Monstars got to him

Last edited:

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
They’re not breaking up Jayson/Jaylen. Lillard is old and in decline and coming off injury. I would consider giving up my Celtics fandom if they made that trade. Nurkic does nothing for me. Going from Al to Nurkic and putting Lillard on the court makes them a lot easier to attack too. Like imagine having Nurkic on the floor last series instead of Horford- Giannis would have victimized us even more than he did. The defense needs everybody to be switchable. Nurkic and Lillard ain’t that

Jaylen also had 40 last night on 14-20 shooting while Jayson looked like the Monstars got to him

Jaylen can go as far as I’m concerned. Like him a lot but I really get the feeling you don’t win a championship with him as your #2.

My opinion having watched him this long now is he really hasn’t cleaned up his main issue from what was his concern in his draft year and he’s predominantly a fourth quarter player. You’re right they probably won’t break them up but I think they could do better.

Also, they would be drastically better with Nurkic at the 5 than they have been since they’ve had Perkins

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Jaylen can go as far as I’m concerned. Like him a lot but I really get the feeling you don’t win a championship with him as your #2.

My opinion having watched him this long now is he really hasn’t cleaned up his main issue from what was his concern in his draft year and he’s predominantly a fourth quarter player. You’re right they probably won’t break them up but I think they could do better.

Also, they would be drastically better with Nurkic at the 5 than they have been since they’ve had Perkins
Timelord is better than Nurkic. Not particularly close either. So Nurkic is making all that money to come off the bench, get hurt, and then get hunted come playoff time.

Being a 4th quarter player a bad thing now? He carried the team in an ECF game and almost led a 25 pt comeback with their superstar playing like trash

Reactions: N o o d l e s
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad