Speculation: 2022 Offseason Roster Discussion

Naster Okan

Jan 8, 2019
Obviously I want Chicago to win, it’ll be hard this season unless Richardson has some kind of coaching greatness...that said I’d love for the Hawks to get a top 3 pick this year...I’d live for TB to crap the bed and have a 11-16 pick from them this year, then they do worse next year so we get an unprotected 2025 1st!...also Dallas being really bad would be great as well...

2023 Draft Hawks pick
1-3 Chicago
11-16 Tampa Bay
33-35 Chicago
43-48 Tampa Bay
65-67 Chicago
65-67 Dallas
97-99 Chicago

7 picks in the top 100
Picking one out of every 10-12 in the top 65 is insane. It most likely doesn’t end up that way but it puts them in a great position to have a significant draft.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
UFAs still out there that I wouldn’t totally be against signing...

Brayden Holtby,33, went 10-10-1 with a 2.77 GAAvg and a .913 save pct with Dallas last year, has been a starter, won a Cup he’d be an alright partner with Petr Mrazek and tradeable at the deadline

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
UFAs still out there that I wouldn’t totally be against signing...

Brayden Holtby,33, went 10-10-1 with a 2.77 GAAvg and a .913 save pct with Dallas last year, has been a starter, won a Cup he’d be an alright partner with Petr Mrazek and tradeable at the deadline
How about Dereck Baribeau instead?

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
I wonder if Toews to Philly is now a fit with Couturier and Ellis on LTR for a while.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Why would Toews want to go there?
Philly is a good franchise in a good city where he would get to play with good players with a opportunity to make the playoffs. This while getting out a dumpster fire rebuild year in a city that has turned on him.

The other centers he would be competing for icetime against would be Hayes and Laughton.

He probably has a relationship with a decent amount of guys on that team as they are a more veteran group.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Philly is a good franchise in a good city where he would get to play with good players with a opportunity to make the playoffs. This while getting out a dumpster fire rebuild year in a city that has turned on him.

The other centers he would be competing for icetime against would be Hayes and Laughton.

He probably has a relationship with a decent amount of guys on that team as they are a more veteran group.

I think Toews can find a spot on a far better team around the TDL if he doesn't completely fall off a cliff. Torts is already on record saying there is a culture problem in the locker room in Philly, management is absolutely terrible, no star talent, and they are in a murders row of a division.

Look at the teams in their division. Is Philly better than any of them?

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014

Philly after that injury is almost as bad as Chicago.

Reactions: EddieTheEagle

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I think Toews can find a spot on a far better team around the TDL if he doesn't completely fall off a cliff. Torts is already on record saying there is a culture problem in the locker room in Philly, management is absolutely terrible, no star talent, and they are in a murders row of a division.

Look at the teams in their division. Is Philly better than any of them?
Elliotte mentioned on today’s 32 Thoughts that he sees Colorado as a potential landing spot for Toews, and that he feels Toews has made it pretty clear he’s ready to leave.

Seemed like Elliotte is just basing that on his interpretations of Toews’ public comments.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Elliotte mentioned on today’s 32 Thoughts that he sees Colorado as a potential landing spot for Toews, and that he feels Toews has made it pretty clear he’s ready to leave.

Seemed like Elliotte is just basing that on his interpretations of Toews’ public comments.
Honestly I could see Toews and Kane both going to Colorado.

Colorado will have 8.4M in cap space at the deadline. Kane and Toews will be UFAs. They're perfect "all in" acquisitions to make before MacK's extension kicks in.

Toews and Kane both at 50% retention would have a combined cap hit of 10.5M. The difference between that and Colorado's cap space would be 2.1M.

All they'd have to do is send Compher to Chicago and they'd be compliant.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00