GDT: 2022 NHL Playoffs Thread

KingAlfie11

Nov 3, 2021
When your toughest opponent is Toronto, you went on a helluva easy run.
Are sure about that? Let's see
Tampa they faced: Toronto 115pts(4th overall), Florida 122pts(1st overall), NY Rangers 110pts(7th overall)
Colorado faced: Nashville 97pts(16th overall), St-Louis 109pts(9th overall), Edmonton 104pts(11th overall)

So there you go bud, Colorado did not faced a top 8 team, while Tampa faced the #1, #4 and #7 team in the league. So everything went Colorado's way this year good for them! They took full advantage of their easy path.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Tampa they faced: Toronto 115pts(4th overall), Florida 122pts(1st overall), NY Rangers 110pts(7th overall)
Colorado faced: Nashville 97pts(16th overall), St-Louis 109pts(9th overall), Edmonton 104pts(11th overall)

So there you go bud, Colorado did not faced a top 8 team, while Tampa faced the #1, #4 and #7 team in the league. So everything went Colorado's way this year good for them! They took full advantage of their easy path.
And then Colorado beat Tampa handidly, what's your point?

They were far and away the best team in the league, they would have wiped the Eastern Conference

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

The east overall had less parity, the gap between the final team to make the east and the first to miss was 16 pts, in the west it was 3. You can't compare pts totals of western teams to eastern teams without any context and expect it to show which team was better.

There's also a bit of a difference between reg season and playoff style hockey, what works in the reg season (I'm looking at you, Toronto, Edmonton, and Florida) doesn't always work in the playoffs. I'd personally rather face any of Edm, Toronto, or Florida in the playoffs than StL this year.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

KingAlfie11

Nov 3, 2021
And then Colorado beat Tampa handidly, what's your point?

They were far and away the best team in the league, they would have wiped the Eastern Conference
Handidly? Did you mean handily? Okay, 1st two games went to overtime, two other games where 1-goal games, Colorad had on easy win and Tampa had one easy win, but yeah Colorado beat Tampa handily. hahahaha

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I was cheering for Colorado, Idk, I just like their team better, but I feel bad for Paul, he was a monster for Tbay.

Don't feel too bad. BDN probably earned himself an extra 0.5-1M a year on his next long-term contract because of his awesome playoff performance.

Reactions: Micklebot

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Handidly? Did you mean handily? Okay, 1st two games went to overtime, two other games where 1-goal games, Colorad had on easy win and Tampa had one easy win, but yeah Colorado beat Tampa handily. hahahaha
Yes, thanks for the correction!

When you outshoot a team by 50 in a series, and out chance them by close to 20, you beat them handily.

Game 1 - Outshot by 15
Game 2 - Outshot by 14
Game 3 - Outshot by 6 (with 12 minutes in powerplays)
Game 4 - Had 2 more shots than Colorado
Game 5 - Outshot by 7
Game 6 - Outshot by 7

Tampa had 3 more PP opportunities as well.

Colorado had better analytics by a mile for each recored stat

They were all over Tampa, aside from a period or two.

Very easy to see while watching.

Avs made child's play of every team, they were hands down the best team in the league, the fact they walked through everybody means more than the fact Tampa played a few regular season built teams.

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Yes, thanks for the correction!

When you outshoot a team by 50 in a series, and out chance them by close to 20, you beat them handily.

Game 1 - Outshot by 15
Game 2 - Outshot by 14
Game 3 - Outshot by 6 (with 12 minutes in powerplays)
Game 4 - Had 2 more shots than Colorado
Game 5 - Outshot by 7
Game 6 - Outshot by 7

Tampa had 3 more PP opportunities as well.

Colorado had better analytics by a mile for each recored stat

They were all over Tampa, aside from a period or two.

Very easy to see while watching.

Avs made child's play of every team, they were hands down the best team in the league, the fact they walked through everybody means more than the fact Tampa played a few regular season built teams.
Only reason the series was remotely close is the goaltending, Vasilevskiy is on a different level than Kuemper, particularly in the final 4 games of the series he kept it close.

Reactions: DrEasy and Deku

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Only reason the series was remotely close is the goaltending, Vasilevskiy is on a different level than Kuemper, particularly in the final 4 games of the series he kept it close.
Vasilevsky should have won MVP of the playoffs, he is the reason they got that far.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Super happy for the Avs. Makar is probably my favourite player right now and to see a team that didn't need to exploit the cap loopholes like TBL did was nice.

Tampa is the closest we've had to a dynasty in the cap era, but its hard to just ignore the cap circumvention. Not their fault at all, I commend them for taking advantage of a loophole that they advocated being closed up but seeing players like Kucherov be assholes and then have them sign a rat like Perry, it made it easier to cheer against them

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Super happy for the Avs. Makar is probably my favourite player right now and to see a team that didn't need to exploit the cap loopholes like TBL did was nice.

Tampa is the closest we've had to a dynasty in the cap era, but its hard to just ignore the cap circumvention. Not their fault at all, I commend them for taking advantage of a loophole that they advocated being closed up but seeing players like Kucherov be assholes and then have them sign a rat like Perry, it made it easier to cheer against them
You’re favourite player plays for a different team????

Haha, we are such different fans. I don’t give a rats ass about players that don’t play for my team, and don’t care much about most other teams!

Reactions: aragorn

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
You’re favourite player plays for a different team????

Haha, we are such different fans. I don’t give a rats ass about players that don’t play for my team, and don’t care much about most other teams!
Very different fans. It's ok to love your team and have a favourite player on another. I guess bic just likes watching hockey. I really like MacKinnon. Watching the guy live is next level. He does what he wants all over the ice. Crazy how much power is in his game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad