Post-Game Talk: 2022 NHL Playoffs - Stanley Cup Final: Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Colorado Avalanche | 2-4 LOSS

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
Tough go so far, no doubt. I think your team is just fatigued and playing the worst possible opponent, which highlights it.

The core has played a LOT of hockey past few years and the team needed to make short work of the Rangers.

Mentally and physically, they looked worn out. Avs are very good, but they’re benefitting from lower mileage.

Good Luck tonight. It’s not over.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Hey Tampa fans, Avs fan coming in peace! I’m thinking about flying down from Canada for the game on Wednesday. I’m a die hard Avs fan, but I can only afford to make it to a game in Tampa. I’ve never gone to a game in Tampa or in the states in general. Is it okay to wear opposing teams jerseys in public during the finals and are fans in the arena fairly reasonable? I saw that scumbag in NY and just wanted to be cautious

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Hey Tampa fans, Avs fan coming in peace! I’m thinking about flying down from Canada for the game on Wednesday. I’m a die hard Avs fan, but I can only afford to make it to a game in Tampa. I’ve never gone to a game in Tampa or in the states in general. Is it okay to wear opposing teams jerseys in public during the finals and are fans in the arena fairly reasonable? I saw that scumbag in NY and just wanted to be cautious
I've never had an issue over the years at Amalie. Never seen a fight break out and I've sat next to rowdy Philly and Montréal fans that should've had their asses thrown out. It could happen but overall, Tampa fans are pretty laid back. Don't be foolish and use your head. You should be fine! Have fun!

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
I've never had an issue over the years at Amalie. Never seen a fight break out and I've sat next to rowdy Philly and Montréal fans that should've had their asses thrown out. It could happen but overall, Tampa fans are pretty laid back. Don't be foolish and use your head. You should be fine! Have fun!

Tampa fans on here seem super reasonable and I didn’t figure it would be any kind of issue (obviously not going to be an arrogant ass hat), but it’s good to hear it from someone who’s gone to games!

It all comes down to tonight, if Tampa is gonna win a few games it better start tonight!

Good luck and let’s hope for a clean game, entertaining game!

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
There used to be policy against it in certain club seats and along the glass but they got rid of it last year. I've never witnessed a fight here even with some very obnoxious Bruins fans around me but there are clips here and there if you really dig for them. I don't think Bolts fans really look to start stuff (they're just tired of people trying to "take over" the arena) so as long as you don't actually taunt some clearly drunk angry dude you'll be fine.

Reactions: Perratrooper

BoltzManConstant

Mar 8, 2017
Upper West Side
There used to be policy against it in certain club seats and along the glass but they got rid of it last year. I've never witnessed a fight here even with some very obnoxious Bruins fans around me but there are clips here and there if you really dig for them. I don't think Bolts fans really look to start stuff (they're just tired of people trying to "take over" the arena) so as long as you don't actually taunt some clearly drunk angry dude you'll be fine.
I’ve been to only a handful of games in the past decade, and one was game 3 last year where a scuffle broke out between our fans and Habs fans and about 4 people got walked out by security.

Wearing an opposing jersey is fine, but since this the kind of person who gets nervous about going to a game in Tampa because something completely unrelated happened at a game in NY then he’ll probably spend the whole time nervous, and uncomfortable whenever the home fans engage him verbally, which is likely.

So Avs fan, I’d recommend staying at home.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I’ve been to only a handful of games in the past decade, and one was game 3 last year where a scuffle broke out between our fans and Habs fans and about 4 people got walked out by security.

Wearing an opposing jersey is fine, but since this the kind of person who gets nervous about going to a game in Tampa because something completely unrelated happened at a game in NY then he’ll probably spend the whole time nervous, and uncomfortable whenever the home fans engage him verbally, which is likely.

So Avs fan, I’d recommend staying at home.
Game 3 was in Montreal though, must've been Game 2 or 5?

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Someone should remind that fish wrap that one of the players involved is a world class elite and the other has had one season, in his recorded hockey career, of earning 50 or more points.

Reactions: Hoek

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
Absolute banger by the Denver Post

Screen Shot 2022-06-21 at 3.30.31 PM.png

Wow, so salty and.... wrong

Ducati Boy

HF Original
Feb 7, 2018
It's interesting how many main board noobs are sure we won both our cups over the cap and are $18 million over this year as well. I suppose we will be 18 million over the cap into perpetuity because that's how it works right?

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
It's interesting how many main board noobs are sure we won both our cups over the cap and are $18 million over this year as well. I suppose we will be 18 million over the cap into perpetuity because that's how it works right?
Victims of getting their asses kicked. Couple that with probably most never having played the sport and lacking business acumen needed in management and you have a plethora of people shouting tons of reasons to delegitimize our cups.

If their team won, they wouldn't bat an eye. They're just salty and Tampa lives in their heads rent free, and will, until their team climbs out of the basement.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
I’m more nervous for game 6 than 5. Last night I was worried our Bolts were just gassed after that OT heartbreak. I dont know what happens tomorrow but I cant wait to go to the game. What I do BELIEVE, is the Lightning will win a game 7 if there is one.

Reactions: Stammertime91

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
The only time I remember them having extra cops at the game was against the Rangers or the Bruins.

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
I’m more nervous for game 6 than 5. Last night I was worried our Bolts were just gassed after that OT heartbreak. I dont know what happens tomorrow but I cant wait to go to the game. What I do BELIEVE, is the Lightning will win a game 7 if there is one.
I think we all are. Just my opinion but I think if most of us are honest about it we kind of thought G5 might be it and had mentally prepared ourselves for that outcome. But, with that incredibly gutsy win on Friday, genuine hope and a light at the end of the tunnel has emerged again and with it, a happy disquietude. We're so close to witnessing history.

Last edited:

Torrey Redux

Please!
Apr 25, 2022
Philadelphia, PA
I think we all are. Just my opinion but I think if most of us are honest about it we kind of thought G5 might be it and had mentally prepared ourselves for that outcome. But, with that incredibly gutsy win on Friday, genuine hope and a light at the end of the tunnel has emerged again and with it, a happy disquietude. We're so close to witnessing history.
Great post. Not a Bolts fan but a huge fan of what your guys have accomplished and the way they've done it. Best of luck tonight and hopefully on Tues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad