Post-Game Talk: 2022 NHL Playoffs - Stanley Cup Final: Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Colorado Avalanche | 2-4 LOSS

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
FVBQlQDXEAAfAf_

4 more wins boys and girls!

Last edited:

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
How well do the TBL handle teams with great speed? It will be interesting to see if the TBL are effective in denying the Avs NZ entries

Stelio Kontos

Nov 6, 2011
Sea level teams. I wonder if the altitude will have any effect.

Tampa Bay being the more talented, experienced team with better Goaltending, Depth and Defense will probably have more of an effect than the altitude lol.

Colorado has literally played the predators who are f***ing trash. Edmonton who would of lost in the first round in the east and the Blues without their Starter.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Colorado is just unreal. I can't sit here and pretend...

We play like we did in game 6 against New York? We have a chance. Anything less and Colorado will decimate us.

Vasy is the X factor. This matcbup has been in the cards for 3 years now, lets see what happens.

Reactions: gn2007 and DaBolts

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
The Table, she is set...

Its interesting. Not many Tampa fans, fanning right now.

And that is what is so, so, epoch, so epic...

31 teams in the NHL, starving for a finger of a lick, of a slurp, of the over drip of a Patrick Maroon, slobbering cool looking gobble of champagne.

Bolt fans, its kinda, a bit of a yawn.

Now as a guy, who would ordinarily put at least 2/5ths of a fund, against the Bolts for this anomalous situation...

I hesitate, I have four or five chances every day on the grand stage of the SPY or SPX to go big, or go suddenly home.

But here we are....

I hate losing, I hate seeing a dime hit the floor when I empty my jeans, who some say, are worth over 4k...

I hate losing and the more and more and more I watch the Tampa Bay Lightning play hockey, they hate losing more than I ever hated it.

I have watched gazillions and billions of talking heads talk, talk...

A network, that engages my wifi, has Chelios and Messier, calling the games.

How good is Messier at calling how GREAT Tampa is?

Well, to honour the guy, go find it yourself, he NAILED, why Tampa, snuffs grerat teams.

Tampa is going to beat Colorado. Why?

Watch the games or listen very carefully to what Messier had to say.

My opinion? Best player in the history of the NHL?

Mark Messier...

What he said?

Hahaha. He isolated and identified why Tampa is the best team in the NHL.

Tampa to win. .,

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Tampa Bay being the more talented, experienced team with better Goaltending, Depth and Defense will probably have more of an effect than the altitude lol.

Colorado has literally played the predators who are f***ing trash. Edmonton who would of lost in the first round in the east and the Blues without their Starter.
Remains to be seen which of us has the more complete team and has the ability to impose their style of play on the game. I suspect the Avs’ team speed on multiple fronts will be a challenge.

Stelio Kontos

Nov 6, 2011
Remains to be seen which of us has the more complete team and has the ability to impose their style of play on the game. I suspect the Avs’ team speed on multiple fronts will be a challenge.

the team who won back to back Stanley cups is probably more complete than the team who finally made it out of round 2 beating back up goaltenders

Reactions: Punished ROR

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Three days off before Game 1 on Wednesday, but then two more days off before Game 2 on Saturday, which is also very nice in itself. This really is going to give this team a chance to grow into the series with optimal rest, and hopefully it means Point is back in the lineup no later than Game 2, with only one game between tonight and next Saturday and, by all accounts, he's already close to returning as it is.

Like this schedule a lot.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
the team who won back to back Stanley cups is probably more complete than the team who finally made it out of round 2 beating back up goaltenders
Teams are different than past iterations. I do like the TBL’s experience and GT’ing though. Team speed seems okay but nothing special. It should make the Bolts more vulnerable in terms of their efforts to slow them down with NZ trapping. Avs might be able to get away with doing dump and chase in that event.

Stelio Kontos

Nov 6, 2011
Teams are different than past iterations. I do like the TBL’s experience and GT’ing though. Team speed seems okay but nothing special. It should make the Bolts more vulnerable in terms of their efforts to slow them down with NZ trapping. Avs might be able to get away with doing dump and chase in that event.

honestly I’m just busting your balls. I do agree teams are different. Any word on when Kadri is coming back?

twenty5psi

Feb 27, 2018
With three days off before Game 1, there's plenty of time to get out to Denver and get acclimated the mountain air, so that should help a little bit.
Would be surprised if they don’t fly out tomorrow morning at the latest, extra few days up at altitude would really help neutralize the advantage.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
honestly I’m just busting your balls. I do agree teams are different. Any word on when Kadri is coming back?
No offense taken. It’s the dream match up. IMO, the Avs are the most complete (i.e. well structured) team that the TBL will face, even over the TML, Panthers and Rags.

No official word on Kadri. A thumb doctor consulted by one of the Avs writers swore up and down 7-10 days. Kadri had surgery the day after the injury. But it was to his right thumb is what I heard. Cogliano also had the same surgery on one of his fingers. He has been a very effective 4th liner. So same with him. I think Landeskog, Toews and Manson might have minor dings but nothing that should keep them out. Girard, of course, is out. That probably hurts the Avs transition game more than anything so the Avs’ speed on the breakout becomes a potential factor.

But the TBL PP is scary. Avs must stay out of the penalty box to have any chance of success.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad