Post-Game Talk: 2022 NHL Playoffs - Stanley Cup Final: Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Colorado Avalanche | 2-4 LOSS

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
From a hockey fan POV it would've been awesome to see the series with a capable Brayden Point, or even a Tampa team that had the Gourde line.

Colorado really carried the series, even in game 5 they were great, but Tampa wasn't at the level they should've been for the legendary final we'd hoped for.

Avs aren't complaining but it would've been awesome to see this war waged a year earlier when Tampa had depth & weren't running on fumes.

Reactions: Peacefool

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
From a hockey fan POV it would've been awesome to see the series with a capable Brayden Point, or even a Tampa team that had the Gourde line.

Colorado really carried the series, even in game 5 they were great, but Tampa wasn't at the level they should've been for the legendary final we'd hoped for.

Avs aren't complaining but it would've been awesome to see this war waged a year earlier when Tampa had depth & weren't running on fumes.
With our roster from last year we would have won the cup. Not because we were clearly better than Avs but because all that much depth against Kuemper would have been too much for them to overcome.

Cap happens though

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
With our roster from last year we would have won the cup. Not because we were clearly better than Avs but because all that much depth against Kuemper would have been too much for them to overcome.

Cap happens though

I tend to agree. Tampa was really a 1 line offensive team against the Avs, its not what we had seen the previous years.

Colorado has gamebreakers that can make the difference, so I wouldn't rule them out entirely even against a Tampa with Point & the Gourde line, lets say.

But the fact Tampa took it to 6 with 1 offensive line (and many player on fumes) leads me to give them the advantage if the depth was equal coming into it.

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019

We could have much more chances even with this team if we hadn't like 8 key players playing through massive injuries,if they at least were banged lesser. Don't say that avs because of that,but we could had much better chances:)
And yes Point. 2-3 goals in this series could make big difference,but but but...hopefully we can take some cups before window closes :)

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Our fanbases do share the special bond of seeing the glory that was Post Season Chris Dingman.

I was rooting for you in 2015, when George Gwozdecky was on the bench.

Reactions: Hoek

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
Avs fan, was unable to post for 2 months. Just wanted to say that you guys were the best fan base I had the pleasure of encountering in the playoffs to date.

Good luck next season, sorry for the bump on this thread.

Reactions: Hoek and Peacefool

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad