Post-Game Talk: 2022 NHL Playoffs - Round 3: Tampa Bay Lightning vs. New York Rangers | 4-2 WIN

BackLightningBack

May 12, 2022
Lightning had achieved momentum needed after coming back -vs- Toronto. This new bunch needed to make their own playoff moment, they did that! Then rode that momentum to finish off Florida. But then they had to sit for 9 days, now Lightning look like they did during that long losing road trip this season. Lightning lost all that momentum and are victims of their own success. No one should be upset at team, we should know it takes many things lining up. Hockey is a flow game. Having that much time away from that flow hurt. They have looked a step behind, especially Vasy. Lightning now need to win 2 in a row to regain that momentum, that starts with finishing grade A chances. Then that 9 days rest could start paying off.

Rangers are to good & deep to bring your C game. They're clicking and have the same momentum we had earned earlier in playoffs.

Here' s to Lightning winning game 3 and regaining some of that momentum. One game at a time.

Go Lightning!!! ⚡⚡⚡⚡

DangeRouss

Sep 6, 2014
Bordeaux, Fra
Cooper's management is my biggest disappointment so far :help:
I said despite the qualification against Toronto that 11/7 was not a good solution
Riley Nash is an experienced player, good at face-offs, why not play him and at worst limit his playing time if it does not work
All this to see Bogo doing 1 min 30 shifts at a snail's pace :sarcasm:

Reactions: Pierre Larouche

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
disappointment-disappointment-sigh.gif

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
Its sad but we can win without him, we can win without Stammer, We can clinch PO without Kuch... We cant wint without Vasy. We cant win without defence. Hopefully they will appear next game.
P.S. Not complaining on Vasy. He owes us nothing, he won us 2 Stanley Cups, Ge kept us in PO last two years. I just hope he can be better now.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
Do you think Cooper and the team have what it takes to wake up?

These games are the type where our HOF 3rd line would step up and make sure it's a 2-1 type affair. I don't think our 3rd line now 'has what it takes' to be that type of backstop, but who knows.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
It feels like the roles reversed from 2015 and they're the young hungry team while we're the old vets struggling to keep up, and I was already thinking that before John Romano wrote a column about it, lol.
Was thinking this as well. I actually appreciated how they went about making their roster. They didn't go about it like they used to just buy the fa and pray it works. They traded guys they didn't want to overpay and used those draft picks on good players and have done that for a while. They were going to get here at some point. It's funny cause you could argue they had some luck to get here but they're definitely a good team. They might win it all now that Kadri is out for avs. Haven't quit on us yet tho. Just get next game and we're in it again.

Reactions: Peacefool and Hoek

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
Was thinking this as well. I actually appreciated how they went about making their roster. They didn't go about it like they used to just buy the fa and pray it works. They traded guys they didn't want to overpay and used those draft picks on good players and have done that for a while. They were going to get here at some point. It's funny cause you could argue they had some luck to get here but they're definitely a good team. They might win it all now that Kadri is out for avs. Haven't quit on us yet tho. Just get next game and we're in it again.
Yes, they have their 'triplets' line that's playing out of its mind

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Do you think Cooper and the team have what it takes to wake up?

These games are the type where our HOF 3rd line would step up and make sure it's a 2-1 type affair. I don't think our 3rd line now 'has what it takes' to be that type of backstop, but who knows.
Problem is we are running out of time in the regular season when we looked bad like this it would take us like 4-5 games to wake up

Well they did buy

PANARIN and Goodrow but they definitely drafted better and made some trades​

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Problem is we are running out of time in the regular season when we looked bad like this it would take us like 4-5 games to wake up

Well they did buy

PANARIN and Goodrow but they definitely drafted better and made some trades​

Yes but those are good players! We know first hand who these two are.

CaptDenisPotvin

The Tampa Bay Astros are your 2021 Champions
Jun 20, 2007

Its a little easier to build a roster when your the first playoff team in the NHL's history to get the 1st pick overall in the draft the following year. The year after you got the 2nd pick overall. Fox forced his team to trade him and would ONLY play for the Rag$, Panarin took less money to not win a cup with the Islanders. Oh and they definitely overpaid Goodrow and Trouba....but other than that I see your point. :nod:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I have a feeling Game 4 is going to be insane.

We know the level we have to play at to beat them, and you know they're gonna up their game to respond.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I have a feeling Game 4 is going to be insane.

We know the level we have to play at to beat them, and you know they're gonna up their game to respond.
I mean... Shesterkin can't be .940 every game. He's on a heater right now but hopefully we can start getting some by him.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I mean... Shesterkin can't be .940 every game. He's on a heater right now but hopefully we can start getting some by him.
I agree but: We kept Shesterkin busy, sure, but how many high danger chances did we actually have among those 83 attempts and 52 shots?

The Killorn-Cirelli-Hagel line was especially guilty of that. While they were absolutely amazing in possession and on defense, they had 14 shots among them and I’d guess maybe one actual good look. Most shots went straight to the chest of a well positioned goalie or didn’t have much steam on them.

Quantity works but it’s draining as hell. The team needs to find ways to create quality chances outside of the powerplay and when Kuch has the puck.

Reactions: Coopers Gum

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I dont see ya putting up 52 shots either though. I think it will be a more even game between two teams feeling pressure.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Idk. Minority opinion here but I feel this is the one game a series where we suddenly dunk on a team and it goes back to being very close games. Rangers looked tired at times in game 3. Have to hope that trend increases and we start finishing our chances.

Reactions: StaySalty

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Corey Perry earlier today:
"It's gonna have to be the same tomorrow. You're gonna have to play the same way. You're gonna have to have 50-some shots. You're going to have to get pucks to the net because he's a great goalie. If he sees the puck, he's going to stop it. It's kinda what we've been talking about. You have to go out and do it all over again."

It will be interesting to see if we can repeat it again. If that's what it takes to win, then that's what it is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad